1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

This has to be the most civilized thread in the whole simracing community :D

Cote Dazur, chksix, Hagen and 2 others like this.
  2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

We're MR grade A people, man!

3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I've decided to make a concerted effort to improve my ranking.
    It would be nice for users to be able to see how close they are to achieving the next level.
    I assume there is an internal numeric score which is translated into the MR grade.
    The ability to chart that score over time would be really useful as in the mock-up below

[​IMG]

Casper likes this.
  4. M__S__A

M__S__A Rookie

hi
    please help me

i copy server_cfg in folder ../server to ../cfg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  5. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Don't want to make a fuss about this, but I think it's worth mentioning since I thought this issue has been solved before: The other day (1/30/2018 10:04:19 PM – see MR link in my signature) MR reported 4 CP for crossing the pit exit line.
    Fun fact: This happend right after the race start, not when exiting the pits. :)

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I checked my MR stats and currently my only 1.0CP is from a pit exit line violation. It was actually after a qualy session when I was frustrated with the car so smashed it into the pit wall at Barcelona after the line the car bounced back and got the CP. I think I can live with the ratings hit lol but seems it just registers if you cross it from the pit side. Its possible at some tracks at race start you may be pushed wide and then go back onto the track, its not like its something that will happen very often so it shouldnt be a big deal but just saying how I see that this can register a false penalty.

7. Minolin

mh not that good. Problem is that there is an invisible square, and it seems Monza has a tiny edge that can be hit from the trackside :-/
    Other problem is that CPs go up to 5 dependent on the distance to other cars, so if you cross the line during traffic you get "awarded" accordingly. Combining both is ofc. a bad result, as you most probably are close to other cars when pushed next to the pit wall.

I removed your CPs as this is clearly an error.

aotto1977 likes this.
  8. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Awww, thanks. :)

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I raced in iRacing a little bit. And I think that I like Minorating approach much more. I think Minorating could use some higher steps like A+, and A++ or something like that, just for the record. But I really like that minorating is promoting a close racing, and close racing is what counts. As it seems that in iR only driving counts. Still hard to judge iR system though, I don't understand it completely, seems a bit weird. But I like minorating more, and simple Minorating AB servers are better than iRacing IMO.

Hagen and Minolin like this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

There are irating and safety rating. Iracing creates splits by how successful you are in finishing high on the result page and not by how safe you are on the track.
    So you can be A 4.99 licence and race in the same split as a guy with C 1.3 licence.
    Some people on iracing service say that they don't care about SR and only go after IR. Maybe that's the way to go but it takes completely different mindset from my own.
    To me its: 1. don't ruin other people race 2. go as fast as i can. IMO if you're born that way, it's a hard life in online racing.
    To conclude, you'll end up racing people who have similar pace as you (great) but many of them might get involved in incidents several times more frequent than yourself.
    Few things are more nerve wrecking for me than being surrounded by fast but low SR rated drivers at the start of the race.

Hagen, Schnipp, Minolin and 1 other person like this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Exactly, thats why I feel that iR ratings system is not such a perfect example how to do it.

Performance and safety ratings are separated, there seems to be so little link between them. Also safety rating is more like reflecting experience, but not recent racing quality. And not even racing, but more like driving around. MR is way better. There is no confidence when I race in iR, as there is when you enter Minorating A server, or even AB. ABC not so much :D

And yeah when performance rating is kinda more important, and safety rating climbs up "naturally", I really understand why there is no magic when you get to race competitive guys for a few laps, and that close racing doesn't last that much like it does in AC with Minorating.

I would also like to share my observations, I have no strong proof for this, just from racing in non Minorating servers, it seems like more and more drivers are developing better race craft in Minorating servers, and then brings it to non Minorating servers as well. So it is like a positive virus :D

Hagen, Schnipp, LeiF and 2 others like this.
  12. Minolin

ya, that's probably to the point. If you run some competative rating, the safety one must not be an additional one, more like multiplier or even requirement for the competative one.

Hagen, mantasisg 2 and Gunja like this.
  13. Gunja

Gunja Alien

SR is there to restrict you from racing higher powered/class cars. In addition it is info on how safe you are and a good motivation to get more content, aka advance in classes.
    So people who say they only look after irating, might after all have better approach than those who care more about SR. That is if they don't aim at F1.
    I am A class but i never raced F1 cars because i don't care for them. I like to race GT3 and for that i can be C licence. Even more, i like to race Porsche Cup and for that i can be D.

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes it feels like it is there for like artificial "walkthrough" of the game. I saw some really bad driving from people who had much higher SR than me. I don't know how it becomes with higher license classes in iR, but feels like if you just keep climbing on if you race as much as it is needed, and don't do too much stupid things. So it makes sense to go after performance rating there, and not to care about few little accidents in the way, as long as you don't hit "accidents limit" per race.

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

@Minolin Nice thingy you got there under your name. ;)
    Grats, well deserved. ACC ranking system seems to be in good hands.

mn.JPG

RedLoto, aotto1977, fabT and 29 others like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Wow, congrats @Minolin !
    You really deserved it.

17. Now I understand why he turned to the dark side of the Force :p;)

PhenOm, Schnipp and Minolin like this.
  18. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

congrats Minolin!*

*I expect my rating in ACC to be starting at extra points from this ***-kissing

19. tabis

tabis Simracer

A dream come true :)

Grats Kunos and Mino!

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Awesome!

Minorating in ACC will be amazing.

Congratz and good luck.

Does that mean ACC will have phyton app support? :eek: