1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mirror Adjustment Pretty Pleeeease )

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlfaGunner, Mar 21, 2017.

1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

I cannot wait for the day when I look into my wing mirrors in VR and be able to adjust them, right , left, up and down and see my rear wheels spin...especially on the F1 cars, modern and classic )

But until then, I just love the way the wing mirrors show me absolutely nothing and cant even adjust them to see opponents adequately !

The Lotus 49 mirrors are an absolute joke...

Im talking from a VR perspective, one of the only cars that has decent mirrors in VR is the Nismo.

us patient AC customers eh )

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Side mirrors adjustment Mar 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Side mirrors adjustment Oct 27, 2019
    Chit Chat Room New virtual mirror adjustment Mar 14, 2015
    Suggestions Suggestion Mirror Adjustment Apr 10, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong angle on the side mirrors compared to real life Mar 31, 2023
    ACC User Interface Mirror looks terrible Mar 9, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    ACC User Interface Move Virtual Mirror Aug 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Virtual Mirror in VR Jun 1, 2022
    ACC User Interface funny bug, physical car mirrors showing pits (during in session terminated replay) May 28, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Vr mirrored screen black May 14, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Black mirrors in replay Mar 27, 2022
    ACC User Interface Option to disable car mirros but maintain virtual mirror only Mar 13, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Suggestion regarding Mirrors Dec 23, 2021

3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Not only related to VR though, with a triple screen setup they are not very usable in many cars, they would need to be inclined towards the car more. Also, seeing the car's reflection in them would be amazing, but these things have already be discussed and I'm pretty sure the devs are already aware :)

Berniyh, ShredatorFIN, Louizf and 2 others like this.
  4. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

If they could just get rid of the blind spots at the rear quarters it would be great.

detoit likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This makes it really difficult to enjoy 650s. :(

6. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Its pretty unforgivable really, a driving sim and the wing mirrors are useless.

I only play in VR, I didnt realise the wing mirrors are ****e for triple and single screen set ups also.

I am aware the devs are aware of this, but seriously wtf...wing mirrors are essential in driving.

At the moment the wing mirrors are simulating how an absolute idiot would drive like lol

I'd be embarrassed if I was the dev of a 'SIM' where this was going on, Im sure theres some technical **** up/ reason why this is not implemented.

If I could move the mirrors, they would be as I have in real life, just showing the rear quarter panel, showing the opponents and also a view of what my rear wheels are doing, ready for a quick glimpse during an intense moment. But what we have at the mo, we have to rely on a third party app 'helicorsa' to know what the **** is going on.

In AC, when an opponent is very close trying to overtake you they are invisible lol...you look in the rear view mirror there is no one there because they are too close and near your rear quarter panel and also no one in the wing mirrors because they are pointing in the wrong ****ing direction lol

Sort it out for ****s sake Kunos

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    P Gora likes this.
  7. ...which probably acounts for 70% of the online racing community :p

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and gandlers like this.
  8. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

haha maybe having no ****ing mirrors is the cause of all the online troubles:confused:

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes this would be nice feature in the future, also for triple screen user.

Lot of the mirrors are quite useless, but I don't want to use virtual mirror either (for immersion reasons) in other than MP where avoiding crash is highest priority, not immersion

10. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

+1 for mirrors regulation

11. Manny S.

Manny S. Gamer

Mirrors rumored to be adjustable in Q3 2019. lol.

12. P Gora

P Gora Gamer

+1 for real mirrors in VR and adjustments

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

+1 for real mirrors in VR and adjustments

14. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Sounds like you have your real life mirrors setup incorrectly, you shouldn't need to see the rear quarters, a lot of people do set it up that way and it's a waste of mirror real estate and introduces blindspots; I don't need the mirror to make sure my rear panel is still attached

"When you look in the exterior wing mirrors, you should be able to see as much of the road as possible. Many drivers adjust their mirrors so that they can see the side of the car in the mirrors, but this is not necessarily the best option, as it creates 'blind spots' and 'tunnel vision', both of which make driving dangerous, as you cannot see enough of the road to drive safely. It is better to adjust the mirrors just beyond being able to see the side of the car in the wing mirrors, as this gives you a better view of the road."

detoit likes this.
  15. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

Maybe this is a question for the new dev Alvio.

I'd like to know if there are plans to look into nvidia's simultaneous multi projection.
    Looks like that can be used to calculate 'real' 3d mirrors and maybe add a performance gain while at it.

I do not have iRacing anymore, but I thought they implemented it first?

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You're swearing a lot. I'd suggest you sort that out first, otherwise I'm pretty sure you will be ignored …

Typer and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I spoke to manu about this once..
    its not possible to adjust because its a reflective surface on that part of the model.

What you see from it is down to which ever way the model has been made..

One way to get around this is to model the glass and position that correctly.. but thats a lot of cars to be re-done so i dont expect it to happen.

18. Orne

Orne Alien

Its a racing simulator, it will forever have limitations, for me that's part of the charm. Doing more with less.

At some point perhaps you should get some real track time. Although I suppose you'd have something to complain about even then. :rolleyes:

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That we're not able to see behind the car is a part of the charm? wow.. just wow..

20. Orne

Orne Alien

F11 :eek: I realize some of you are function key challenged. From what I understand AC wasn't build from the ground up to support VR, yes ? If thats the case, deal with it. At the most, request a work around, then move on. Foul language and even fouler attitudes are unnecessary.

As I've said before, some of you lot enjoy complaining far too much.

21. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Slightly better mirror implementation could be better. Now the side mirrors basically show part of the virtual mirror image, and breaks the immersion quite bad IMO. I just wish that the side mirrors could do just a bit more what side mirrors are supposed to do irl.

kofotsjanne likes this.