1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaood

Jaood Racer

This thread was worth the change imho. :D:D:D
    Although I hate to change anything. :oops:

ir Sindaco likes this.
  2. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

[QUOTE="Aristotelis]Your argument about console porting bringing bad things to AC PC users is really idiotic (no offence to you personally) and has no ground. Except if you want to force negativity on an already sensitive thread.[/QUOTE]

I think we have to be realistic about what this whole console addition will bring to the party though. Not talking about it doesn't mean the PC users worries disappear or have been addressed.

Consoles means £££ for KS, and loads more customers. It also means loads more investment for AC which will benefit PC users lots too.

But lets not forget what the core part of AC has been about, simulation.

We know PD have sold GT on 'simulation' for decades, and Turn10 have sold Forza on 'simulation' for years too, yet both have been derided as arcadey and unrealisitic and not a proper simulation since they appeared, compared to proper PC sims.
    The fact they have such a wide market appeal alone has led many to judge them as not true simulators because it can be played with a pad on a console.

Or the fact that such a wide market demands that things are watered down to make sure the appeal is as wide as possible. Ie, if you can extend your market by 50% by making it 10% 'easier' then that might be worth doing.

I'm genuinely interested in how this will pan out... it seems a bit vogue right now with Forza arriving on the PC too. Everyone fighting for userbase!

What will win? I think focus on a single vision will win out. So I hope AC stays focussed on it's original brief more than it chases user count :)

superkaiokenx100 and Kurzawa14 like this.
  3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'll try to reply to you, but the main thing is that you guys have to be willing to understand our position. Obviously it's up to you to believe me or accept my explanation.

So here it goes.
    As I said above, even though KS is still a very small company, we are very proud to have created a world wide brand with AC. AC has sold hundreds of thousands of copies on Steam and consoles version will bring even more. AC is mentioned on big magazines and websites articles together with historic names as Gran Turismo and Forza motorsport... this for us is something that still amaze us and makes us very proud.

Unfortunately with great powers come great responsibilities (I always dreamed to say that, yay!). Italian laws specify that on a moderated and private (i.e. need registration) forum, the owners of the forum are co-responsible for the content of the post of the forum users. We live and have our base on an amazing country, famous for its culture, art, nature and... food. But at the same time also famous for it's bureaucracy, complex law system and confusing law decisions. So when we get complains from other big titles about converted material in our forums, or when we see illegal mods in our forums, or when we are asked to make the referee between mod teams wars, stolen material, personal issues and such, then as you can see it is time for us to take action.

As you can see, it's not a matter to simply moderate, because even if we had the time to do it (we don't), we're still in a very grey area and can't deal always with it. So because of some community members behaviour and because of legal uncertainty and because of the need to do something about it, we decided to do the "bad guys".

Is our decision bad timed? Probably yes
    Did we knew it would be unpopular? Certainly yes
    Was it really necessary? Absolutely yes.
    Could we have done it differently? Probably yes, we are not perfect, we do errors and this is something to learn from.
    It is a very painful decision (your passion on this thread shows it clearly) that we had to take. I hope you can now understand better why.

Will we stop encouraging or supporting mods? ABSOLUTELY NO!

Thank you for all these years of great mod material and supporting AC. We try really REALLY hard to bring you the best and hope that our future news will alleviate a bit your frustration.

donShere, AurusCE, DeV-xC and 67 others like this.
  4. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Summery of 27 pages.

It is what it is.

Kunos is thinking big picture.

Decision is final.

Life goes on.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

They are simulators, they're just really bad at simulating.

No single vision will win out, that's not how capitalist market work. You've also highlighted why AC will remain the game it is in the console market. It's already saturated with driving games trying to do the same thing. Make the player feel cool. AC is a true simulation, that will be fairly unique to the console market, that's their selling point and they'll either live or die on that mantra.

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. /thread

Johnnypenso and Tiago Lima like this.
  7. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Alien

Now i challenge anyone knowing Italy to find something wrong with that (apart from Italy itself). From my perspective, the thread can be closed now and we have all the elements to make a proper judgment (and again: wait and see).
    Speaking about timing (and i am sure you are waaaay better than me in this regard)...now if only you had written this post yesterday and made it sticky in the news section :p

8. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

In the next hours/days I'll check the whole section.

9. Monsieur_Whippy

Monsieur_Whippy Simracer

Jeez I'm being stalked :D

But to indulge you because explaining myself is important, because I like clarity not ambiguity (cough KS cough)

I should have said the only AC *modders* forum I know of. Since this change here only impacts modders, it seems reasonable to assume I meant that.

Assetto Corsa Mods has actual modders and WIP content on it right now.

It has sub-forums for tracks, cars, sounds, etc. It's a modders forum.

RD is just starting to get some proper modder activity on there with WIP threads and discussions just in the last 24hrs due to the changes here. To work effectively it'll have to have sub-forums for mods I think.

I've used RD for other games/sims, but not AC much. I didn't use it much because it's not got a strong modder presence. That will probably change now these forums have changed their stance and people appear to be going there.

I'm sure this is detailed enough and clear enough, but as always I'm happy to help more if you need further clarification.

Kurzawa14 likes this.
  10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guilty as charged, I humbly apologize

11. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

That was the explanation we asked for. Thanks for clarifying Aris!

12. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

@Aristotelis thanks for the reply and it's gone a long way to explain your reasoning on this matter.

As an aside I've always hoped for more genuinely original work as found in the tracks section , for example Lake Louise , to extend to the car modding area. Probably im in a tiny minority here but seeing a virtual vehicle go from preliminary sketches through prototypes then on to a fully working race or sports car. I have none of the skills to do myself sadly ( and i have tried)

13. Thank you! That was the message I've been waiting for. That message made things much more clear.

Glaurung likes this.
  14. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I guess this is all we need now....

[​IMG]

;)

TDS likes this.
  15. Besides taking the "risk" of running these modding forums for three years before the "risk" suddenly became too much....and I'm sorry, the excuse about ripped content is completely unfounded. It has never been a large issue on these forums, and if you think it was, provide me with some examples.
    I love AC and Kunos as much as the next guy, but come on...

Patrik Marek likes this.
  16. must resist

must resist

must not hit ban

:D

Seriously now.. I promised no bans in this thread but you are now overstaying your welcome..
    I must ask you to reconsider your attitude and start to show a little respect for the people that made all this possible... you shouldn't do it to avoid the ban, you should do it because it's what any decent person would do.
    After a while, if you keep calling somebody a liar with nothing to back your **** up you are going to get your *** kicked eventually.
    I am sure you can express your thoughts fully without resorting to be an asshat.

your call

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. dude you are totally welcome to open your own studio and put your money where your mouth is... really go on.
    In my book.. doing something wrong for 356 days is still better than doing it for 357... perhaps I am crazy.. what do I know?

mrk1001, Xez, Maxidyne and 3 others like this.
  18. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Why should there be a need to make an "excuse" ? Come on seriously, it has been said like 5 times already what the real reasons are, I think it's time to either learn to read or stop the conversation since more than a few here are not willing to accept facts.

mrk1001, Xez, pika4u and 1 other person like this.
  19. It has been said 5 times that it's largely because of ripped content...which hasn't been an issue....

Patrik Marek likes this.