1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you haven't seen it already, here's the announcement:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/

Seems due to ripped content etc, we can no longer host and provide download links to mods (cars, tracks, liveries etc), and are asked to move our content over to another domain (racedepartment I guess).

The modding subforum is to become only a Modding 'How To' section.

"Users can discuss about cars, tracks and everything else modding related in the general modding subforum."

So can anyone clarify on this statement^? Does this mean we can still host threads showing the progress of our mods, but not include download links? Or is this only a 'how to section'?

For example, my Transit Thread which is in the '3D Car Models' subforum (now locked), can be moved/replaced with on just in the General Modding Forum, or is that not allowed? Is says that releasing content on this forum is not allowed, but doesn't mention progress updates?

Just asking, since I really like the modding community here, and still want to host and keep progress updated here, but thought I should ask before making a new thread in the General Modding section?

@AC Support

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    3D car models Mod downloads May 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports Ps5-Crashed startet Race carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Missing 2020 season in the championship mode Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Saving in championship mode Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Bug with TS-PC Racer advanced mode Jul 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Do we have any better Porsche Cup liveries for single player mode Jul 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why is there no 2023 Single Player Mode? Jun 27, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Importing modules Jun 4, 2023

3. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Hello guys, I just saw a new update about how to use the modding section: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/.

I have approached AC thanks to Modding, and still modding is one of the few things that keep me bound to this game.

You did advertise your game as open to modding, making it one of the strongest selling point, along with physics accuracy and next gen graphics. Now, I don't want to argue about these last ones, this is not the place, but modding was a really important part of this game.
    Lately modding was not anymore an important aspect, you just got along your way, providing not that much tools to the modders like you used to in the early days. But it was ok for me, after all, modding has never been something that you can buy at your local store, you have to have some skills.

I am not a forum admin, and I don't know if there's more under the hood, but I can't completely understand why did you, Kunos, decided that this platform, which has been source of high quality and certified originality content, is no more usable for sharing Modding content.

Why do you Kunos treat us like so now? Do we all people who try to bring you quality content for your game, showing what your engine is capable of, count nothing?

Bah, honestly I have really few words about this move, lots of questions, and quite a few appellatives to describe it, but I won't post them here. May just, at least, have a clear and sincere answer to "why"?

"interminable discussions on the subforums resulting in a huge loss of time for the devs, moderators and those users that are very active in our community" sounds like an excuse, there's surely something more. and I'd like to know, since I, personally, do not think this is a valid reason to stop people from sharing their content on your site.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    M3hdi, peksis, asehauDLM and 17 others like this.
  4. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

I'm basically guessing here, but a lot of people probably took "legal content" very lightly and therefore Kunos either wants to avoid having to deal with takedown notices or already got some takedown notices that led to this kind of decision.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Well personally I think its gonna fracture the community massively.

The way I see it is that they dont want to have to deal with the issues surrounding modding anymore so we will have to move it, racedepartment is the most likely option however their moderation is not acceptable, nogripracing is stuck in 2006 with its download caps, drivingitalia keeps corrupting their data, f1classic prevents new members from joining everynow and then. Nexus is the best option if people actually start using it.

Now i know this will become a bloodbath of a thread but you know i want it to be, i want kunos to see how much of an outrage this is.

6. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Wtf...?

I mean, Devs, this will tear the community apart, it will stop all that made AC special and successfull. All the hard work many people have put into your work, for free. It will not stop the creators of rips, who had there communities outside of this forum anyway. if anything this will make it worse. The legit creators will move on onto other plattforms, taking there cars and tracks with them, they will probably take a dump onto all the rules and regulations you held up here on this forum, crack your cars, your tracks, and offer them up for other plattforms.

You just took away everything that made modding for this sim special. Just enforce harder rules, close threads with any hint of ripping or whatever. I mean you took the Miura, the Quattro and Zandvoort (iirc) from this part of the forum you now want to close down. I just don't get it.

7. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Those sections will disappear as mentioned in the news announcement the 17th. Which means you will not be able to make any new threads anymore.

This also means that it's not allowed to make "WIP" or "RELEASED" or whatever threads showing off a completed / in progress modded content.

Hope its clear,
    Kevin

8. burrito

burrito Alien

There has always been ripped content on here. And it has always been exposed by other users or admins. There hasn't been a massive rise in ripped content lately so we (content creators) are finding this statement hard to understand.

This matters to a lot of us. So unless you have (sorry *had*) some content (cars, tracks) on these forums don't join the discussion.

9. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

I guess that's it then. was a nice journey with you, good bye.

10. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

We've been dealing with that section for many months, however prioritys have to be taken and that section is bringing us way too much work just because people cannot simply follow our rules. Apparently the more we let people do, the more they break the rules, not only with the modded section, but also with the Chit Chat room section, which was meant to be for AC and if you look there are threads of other games and all that stuff.

It's a sum up of things, when the whole point of this forum is to offer support to those who have bought the game or are interested in buying it.

Cote Dazur and sacredaardvark like this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah... the Assetto Corsa Nexus website would be an option. It's basically abandoned wasteland now but it could be built up to the same standards as the Skyrim and Fallout Nexus sites with the right people.

Personally I'm not exactly happy with this even if I can understand why that decision was made. It will be a huge blow to modding in AC which is one of the titles main draws. Modding keeps games alive for many many years.

12. Not even in the General Modding Section, which as far as I know will not be closed?

I quote "Users can discuss about cars, tracks and everything else modding related in the general modding subforum." This to me suggests we can open threads discuss "Cars... and everything else modding related". This is what I want to do, NOT show download links, just to have a discussion about my mods. Ask questions, get help, feedback - that sort of thing. I see no reason, bearing in mind the statement shown above, why this should be disallowed.

Rigel and QC. like this.
  13. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the fact this happened as well, both as a player and a developer (of RaceEssentials app), there's really no need for either side to be excluded from this conversation. Something obviously did happen to cause this decision, most likely the staff got fed up with doing the work that shouldn't be theirs in the first place and this is the unfortunate outcome.

alex72 likes this.
  14. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Not sure why its a big deal, RD is a much better place for mods as it supports email or normal notifications when an update is uploaded, provides version history, reviews etc.
    I can appreciate its inconvenient to have to move your thread over, but still its not like they trying to cull modding, a support forum just isnt the best place to have tons of threads for individual mods.

I think this change may lead to bug reports getting better visibility too which would be a nice thing

mrk1001, alex72, Ischemica and 10 others like this.
  15. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

That General Modding subforum will be cluttered like hell... and it will have people bend the rules too. I mean as long as I don't explicitly post a link to my content, am I allowed to open a thread named "My mod topic" to keep progress reports of my stuff and most importantly questions I have all in one place? The separation we had was perfect for this.

At least it is clear the "Physics" subforum is there to stay... without it all newcomers to modding would not have a chance to get going. I read that wrong initially.

but also gone in a weeks time:

Car materials / shaders / modelling stuff (add your knowledge here)
    ~8000 views, full of valuable info for newcomers. I may try saving it somehow, but where to go with it?

Build your first TRACK - BASIC GUIDE

Track Materials / Shaders

your shovelling your own grave in terms of non-ripped mod creation :(

16. just loooooooooooooool

17. Rigel

Rigel Alien

All that precious info in the track modding section will be gone forever :(
    Keep it read only maybe?

Prodriver13, alex72, Jekay and 13 others like this.
  18. Condense the track modding info into one thread in the general modding section, maybe?

Tiago Lima and f1webberfan like this.
  19. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Wow. Strangest decision ever. Take away the only thing that kept me here.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think its worded fairly clearly and people trying to bend the rules will simply be banned from the forum, the rules are set and sure its a shame the modding sections will be shut here. But I also see the devs point as they really cant babysit those that simply need a full time babysitter in order to not post stuff they shouldnt. A basic suspension followed by ban on second offense will deal with them but its like running an open pub server with no minorating or something. Its a never ending list of people wanting to be banned so its just a time waster for those that could be doing much more productive stuff.

DaveRS and Cote Dazur like this.
  21. burrito

burrito Alien

The problem with RD concerns un-released work. To post a thread on RD you must have content to upload.

That means that there are very little ways of promoting a mod. A person has to scroll through a generic WIP thread to find news on a mod he/she cares about because if it is unreleased there is no central specific thread containing the progress of that mod. Which makes it very difficult for modders to build up a fanbase and makes it very difficult for consumers to keep up to date on the 3-5 mods they care about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.