1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Multi-threaded python widget apps for better performance

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by samooja, Apr 5, 2017.

1. samooja

samooja Rookie

Would help especially VR performance if the widget apps were in a separate thread if it's technically possible. I attached screenshots where I have RSR, ffbclip and some official apps open. First I have the layout hidden with ctrl+h, then I make it visible and then hide again. There's a clear cpu performance drop. Even when I disable unofficial apps it's still bad.

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes CSP Inputs in Python? Jul 14, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Please help! Python33.dll ERROR Nov 11, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Add Python Libraries to Assetto Corsa Python App Aug 25, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Import ctypes python library in AC apps May 19, 2022
    General modding discussion How to change Onboard FOV with python Mar 12, 2022
    General modding discussion What is the difference between list and tuples in Python Jan 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Surprised by Python apps Mar 4, 2021
    General modding discussion Where is the AC Module for Python? Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Tools Python Shared Memory May 25, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Http request in python app Jan 31, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Can't import Python module Jan 7, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Python HELP, LIMITER ENGINE CHANGE WHEN PUSH THE BUTTON Dec 5, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Python [ERROR] ERROR LOADING MODULE Feb 28, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Python basic app imports Aug 10, 2018

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It's only the app's "draw on screen" that has to run after the rest of the frame's drawn so it can't really be multithreaded as such, it will always affect framerate. The rest of the app runs however it wants to (python will let you start threads for calculations).

4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

So, is there a difference if the app runs on "onFormRender" or "acUpdate" events?

5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

onFormRender should only be used for graphics (eg. drawing textures onto the app), acUpdate for any calculations the app needs to do.

6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I am timing the executions anyway (30ms and 1000ms intervals) so it shouldn't matter much. Graph updates on onFormRender, and data collection on acUpdate. Should be the right way to do it, I assume?

7. mms

mms Alien

Yes, that's the right way.

If an app makes time-consuming IO (saving to disk or sending data to a server), that should be done in a different thread. It must however catch all errors, otherwise it can bring AC down...