1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Multiplayer lobbies online dead..

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ciccina2016, Feb 20, 2018.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Rocket league has cross play with PC, even with Xbox and ps4 ( but but not enabled). I imagine its big undertaking more than anything.

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That’s a eye opener, to all those options on pc multiplayer.
    All those options, and a host, they must be in the pc game then, so why wasn’t some of those options ported over to console, most gamers play on multiplayer’s on consoles.

I was going from AC to P Cars 2 last night, using same cars, same tracks, when it comes to driving the cars AC destroys P Cars 2 but then P Cars has all the options, as AC does on PC but not AC on console. A massive Own Goal by Kunos if you ask me.

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

PC crossplay with console, does happen on forza/horizon. I think most new in house ms games are crossplay.

4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I agree, yesterday I checked and to run Assetto Corsa on PC you need I would say mimimum 1000 bucks.
    Is it worth doing it only to play one game?? I don't know.

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Not for me pc gaming. I like the plug it in and play.

6. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

...and not having to pay a thousand bucks plus just to play a game I already own, albeit the pleb edition.

7. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

On the previous page you asked if it was around 1000 gbp and now you use bucks which is a very american thing :) My pc i currently use cost me about £700 and its not the greatest by a long shot. Right now with GFX cards and DDR4 memory being stupidly expensive all over the world, yes trying to build almost any "Gamer" pc would cost around £1000 gbp, But last november before everything went crazy i spec'ed a new system.. AMD Ryzen 1700x processor, 16gb of ddr4 ram and an Nvidia 1080 (plus hdd's, keyboard mouse etc)
    That came back at around £750 GBP, but then shorty after the prices sky rocketed everywhere (stupid bitcoin miners) and right now the same system will cost me around £1100 - £1300 to build, depending where i shop.. So if you want to switch to pc, id say give it little bit more time to see if the prices are gonna come down a bit.

Also in regards to "Is it worth it for 1 game" Probably not, for most people. If you wanted to go full balls to the wall, with a big tv or a sim racing cockpit and have it as a dedicated sim racing pc. Then maybe its worth it, but then again it doesnt have to be for just one game, it's a racing computer, run several racing games through it, they will all play much nicer on a decent pc and using a wheel. you can even get the latest Forza on windows 10 now ..

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

OK, so what's the real reason?

9. Manpower and resources, or more specifically, the lack thereof.

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Hmm, confusing.
    I haven't played either console version (maybe you have) but both of them clearly have a multiplayer capability, based on what I am reading in this thread.
    So... I'd have thought it would require less manpower & resources to get three platforms working nicely on the SAME multiplayer system than create three separate multiplayer systems.

11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

We have a multiplayer, but obviously we have large parts of it missing, going off what the pc players are telling us.

12. I'd just like to correct the saying about an expensive Graphics Card: Even a cheap 1050 low profile has enough power to let you run an Oculus Rift. Using a monitor you can max out almost all settings. I suggest a I7 3770k or similar in aspects of power. 8GB of DDR3 is enough as well..

sent from my mobile, cheers!

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

so I have been trying to understand how much we need to move from console to PC and the situation is not really good at the moment.

Given that we don't know ACC requirements and we know AC requirements to run on PC , you might need the following:
    - CPU = i5 or better i7
    - GPU = gtx 1070 or greater
    - RAM = 8 GB of ram or greater
    - Application = Assetto Corsa game plus all DLC.

it turns out that to get this ( only above, keyboard,mouse,tv excluded) you need 1000-1200 GBP (potentially you buy 2 ps5 :D:D or 4 PS4 PRO!)
    This configuration would run in VR for AC but not quite sure for ACC. ( when I say would run , I assume ultra settings)
    Also, if you own pc like that then you can run RaceRoom or even iracing and potentially you can buy the early version of ACC in June.

Last but not least, graphic boards prices increased a lot in the last months as they are not in stock anywhere . Apparently bitcoin miners have bought the majority of them as investment ( ( for example a 1080 ti which I believe is the top for invidia would have cost 300 pounds less 6 months ago)
    Invidia is trying to limit this by reducing the number of graphics card that customer can buy at max 2
    article below
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...threat-graphics-card-retailers-gamers-3381230

To sum up, I believe this is is not the right time to make the move given the inflated prices of graphic boards and the unknown ACC PC specification.

14. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

You basically repeated most of what i said :) not that its a problem, just pointing it out..
    Although a few things to your hardware list i would change...
    I would go with a AMD ryzen rather than an intel chip.. just for the bang for your buck factor. What you will pay for a decent i7 you will get a GREAT ryzen chip for that price. (you can buy an AMD ryzen "thread ripper" for around £500 now)
    I would go DDR4 ram not ddr3. Chances are as he would be buying brand new, the mobo would take ddr4 anyway, you might as well put the good stuff in there if it can take it and then its future proofed for many years..

My bro has just built his new computer, and by just i mean the parts arrived yesterday, he built it last night and set it up this morning :) the main components were a ryzen 1700, suitable motherboard, 16gb ddr4 ram (gfx card came from his current machine as its a GTX980) but yeah the chip, mobo and ram all came to about £700.

Regarding what specs you will need for ACC, id wager if you can run AC1 or Pcars2 you will be able to run ACC just fine.. Yes it looks nice, very nice compared to AC's graphics, but not THAT different from Pcars2 or some of those other ultra fancy looking racing games.. And its done in the unreal engine which is great at handling complex gfx shaders, Handling complex gfx is one of its best features.. So i really don't think you are gonna NEED anything more than what is currently required to play modern racing games. But NEED and WANT are not the same thing :) you may not need to go any higher than what is currently required, but if you are building a new rig you might as well make it as good as you can afford.
    Thats why im thinking of getting a "thread ripper" for my build im still planning, 12core/ 24 thread at 4.0ghz. Although im not gonna be using it just as a games machine, its also gonna run some very intensive applications on it, so the extra power will be useful. But i dont need that kind of power, i just WANT that kind of power, and its within my budget so why not :D

15. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

thanks Nobby, I did not even read your post as I am discussing this into another thread as well. Once I become rich by posting comments on this forum I will share the 0.0000001% with you.;)
    Can you share with us any good website to have a look? To be honest I just looked at Amazon and some PC vendors.Maybe there are better channels.

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Huh - £300? I think not. Perhaps you mean £600? The prices have rocketed recently for sure, but they were never as cheap as £300 in the UK - not even close.

17. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

£300 less. I am not english but it seems I use english better than you do.

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ah, LOL! I now see where I went wrong - I mentally inserted the word "than" between "less" and "6" because I suspected you weren't a native English speaker and dropping words like that is a common mistake for people learning English :D
    (I'm not English either btw :p)
    Personally I'd have phrased it more like "would have been 300 pounds cheaper 6 months ago", but it's all good - my mistake and clearly you aren't smoking crack after all ;)

19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

svenvangent and Neilski like this.
  20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

To save you some potential disappointment, you won't run anywhere near ultra settings in AC with VR with a GTX1070 unless you like hotlapping solo.
    I run bare minimum settings and an app which disables shadows completely to race in a full grid, and that's with an overclocked 1080 and i7-7700.
    My guess is the UE4 engine would require a titan to run VR at low-medium settings and still get 90fps with 60 cars but I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk