1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

My first 2 days of AC - thoughts and feedback for Kunos

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SinceEighty3, Sep 1, 2016.

1. SinceEighty3

SinceEighty3 Rookie

First of all, congrats on the console release! It’s a great accomplishment by Kunos, though much work remains. My best advice is listen to player feedback, but don’t feel the need to take every opinion equally. Valid criticism aside, the game is never going to please everyone in the console market nor should it. Stick with your philosophy that’s worked well so far.

Impressions =================

My perspective is 10+ years of console racing games on Xbox and PS, from Project Gotham to Project Cars. No experience with Assetto Corsa on PC or other PC-only sims. I’m playing on PS4 with the DS4:

+ Sublime feedback & physics make AC an absolute joy to drive! Playing with the controller on default reminds me of Forza 4 w/ assists off in terms of predictability and understanding the limits, but with more nuance. The best thing about this is it actually makes the driving “easier” or more intuitive than in some sim-like games (e.g. NFS Shift 2)

+ Good variety of cars at launch, better than pCars for me. Car models and especially interiors are some of the best I’ve seen (please add showrooms!)

+ UI is very basic for now, but the speed makes it worthwhile. Loading into a race is quick, and exiting one is almost instant. Nice load screens as well. Also love the fact that the last used car/livery/track are saved for each mode, which improves player experience over many hours. Just consider changing the font, which gets hard to read at small sizes.

- Poor decision to hold out 10% of all cars as a retail pre-order exclusive to one store. If Forza did the same, it would be missing 40-50 cars! Just because it’s common practice doesn’t make it a good idea. Making the Prestige pack available as DLC is a step in the right direction though.

- Framerate and tearing issues need improvement ASAP. As is, performance reminds me of GT6, except GT6 was on PS3 hardware! It hasn’t been bad enough to detract from the driving feel yet, but surely it can be better with only one car on track?

- I’m a little surprised that the console version is still several updates behind the PC after months of delays, and that so many features and complexity were cut out. It’s safe to say that anyone waiting this long for AC isn’t afraid of the full deal.​

===============================

Next, some fixes & suggestions noticed so far:

Cameras - Chase cam - in Project Cars, this allows free rotation when car is stopped so you can check out your car and environment. When accelerating, it switches to the "swing" behavior as in Assetto Corsa. Could we have this choice?

Cars - Alfa Giulietta QV (both versions), Alfa Mito - Rosso Alfa and Rosso Competizione colors appear the same in menu. Alfa 4C has too many reds to tell which ones are correct.

Cars - Audi R8 LMS Ultra - when looking backward with the right stick, some of the spoiler shows on the bottom of the screen. Not sure if this is intentional but it doesn't happen with other GT3 cars.

Cars - BMW 1M - should have only 3 factory color choices: Valencia Orange, Alpine White, Black Sapphire. Some colors seem to be duplicated like Orange/Valencia Orange (neither of these is the real Valencia, but the orange liveries for the 1M Stage3 have it right) or Black Sapphire/Zaphir

Cars - Lotus Elise SC/Step1/Step2 - each has 10 color choices, but available colors and names differ between the 3 cars. Shouldn't they all have the same range of Lotus colors if they are the same model?

Controls - traction control button - if you choose "factory" setting in pre-race menu, there is no way to know the default TC level. Sometimes when I press the TC button, it changes to level 1/2 - does this mean the default is "off" on that car? It can’t be, since the TC HUD indicator does light up when driving before pressing TC button (e.g. on MP4-12C). Text descriptions of the levels would help, as some cars have pretty unique systems with up to 3 levels.

Graphics - exhaust backfire - in MP4-12C, E30 M3, Countach, etc. I can hear backfire sound but no flame appears. Backfire definitely works in GT3 cars but I’m not sure which road cars show it.

Graphics - reflection mapping issue - in hood view, some cars show a second, right-side up reflection below the correct, upside-down reflection. See for example Alfa Giulietta QV vs. Giulietta QV LE. Possibly related to…

Graphics - reflection issue #2 - Lotus Elise SC/Step1/Step2, MP4-12C (non-GT3), etc. - in default hood view, track passing under the car is visible or maybe “reflected” through the small bit of windscreen that’s shown, which is physically impossible

Options - Camera - Add ability to adjust FOV independently for hood/cockpit/dash/chase cams (see Project Cars)

Options - Camera - Adjust seat position per car, as on PC. This would probably have to be done in some sort of pit menu or the car setup screen.

Options - Controls - Add option to swap gear up/down buttons

Options - Controls - Consider making more use of the DS4 touchpad, rather than just a button to change the view. I don’t know how many controls are missing from the PC version, but there are at least left click, right click, middle click, swipe, & touch actions available on the touchpad that other games use. It would be cool to adjust car features like traction control/launch control/Ferrari manettino dial if those are simulated, even if we do it in a pause menu instead of real-time.

Options - Menu - L1 & R1 should scroll through the tabs

Options - HUD - lap/time display gets bumped up a notch on screen when map is turned on; should be up higher in the first place or moveable

Options - HUD - add option to switch on/off individual elements (laps, map, speedo, telemetry if it comes)

UI - car select - there should be some description of what is changed on the different Stage models, as apparently is on PC. More car information in general would be great.

UI - car & livery select - needs a preview or magnify function

UI - livery select - color names should be consistent with EITHER language of origin OR language of the UI. Some odd choices like Mercedes SLS colors in Italian, or Abarth 500 in English but Abarth 595 in Italian make it seem inconsistent

UI - livery select - default color/livery always seems to be named with a "0" in front to bump it to the top. Why not place in normal alphabetical order, just have it selected by default?

UI - livery select - on multipage lists, scrolling down past end of list moves cursor back to "change car" instead of looping list; however scrolling up past the beginning does loop the list.

UI - pause menu - can't exit with O button or Options button as is usually standard in games

UI - track select - all Nordschleife layouts appear twice​

======================

Grazie, looking forward to what’s next!

markvtus, Hammerpgh, liakjim and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] Pagani Zonda R - Sprint Series | Thursdays Jun 4, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room IVRC | Touring Car Championship | Saturdays Feb 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stutters and freezes for last 6 days Jan 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series X|S GT3 Races Sunday Wednesday Fridays Sep 14, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] IER Corvette DP - Sprint Series | Fridays Aug 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions why acc is down on ps5 for 2 days ATM Jul 30, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room GT3 League Sundays 5:30PM (CET) Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TORA GT Sprint Cup - Sundays 1500 EDT [SimRacing-GP.net][PC] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost the last 10 days worth of progression!!! Jun 22, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Sprint Series | Fridays [SimRacing-GP.net] Jun 1, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer North America CP Server dead for 2 days Apr 23, 2022

3. TNTNitro

TNTNitro Gamer

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Some good amount of feedback. Thanks for taking the time.