1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 New AI

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Gysepy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Forza6 I think had a similar issue but fixed it with a patch. It's always been in AC but when I saw they did something to have better battles in the opening lap in this last update I was hoping it was this problem they were fixing. It wasn't.

Yeah at Nurburgring GP the Porsche 919 was just sitting sideways down on the black top run off area not in the sand and stayed parked down there.

pippo10 and Lewisxbone like this.
  2. bluesky

bluesky Alien

I noticed the same at Vallelunga with 3 cars parking right next the track and at Imola it happened with 2 cars.
    At least there were shown yellow flags.

The last time l saw that happen, was in a pre release beta version (0.8ish) a few years ago.

3. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Regarding the cars went off track for any reason it was already present before the patch release. It happened to me several times to get it during a race. May be only casually you did not noted it previously.

4. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Really impressed with the AI had a couple of good races today on Alien difficulty and 100% aggression they fight hard and they're fairly quick too, to be honest though I always thought the AI was pretty good on AC certainly better than chasing the rabbit on Gran Turismo with the I must not deviate from the racing line AI or the nutty drivertar's on Forza never been on Pcars so can't compare it to that or any other sim. So far frame rate hasn't stuttered on me since the update. Good job from Kunos on this update and DLC as always

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    pippo10 likes this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah the more "loose/lively nature" of the new AI causes them to sometimes have accidents. If they get terminal/engine damage, they won't move but retire soon. On PC too. Don't see that really as bug or mistake, happens also in real life races ;)

Many people (on PC forums at least) had complaints about how AI never makes mistakes or spins like player. Well, now they do... personally I like it, as long as it doesn't happen too often. If you dislike it, you can turn aggression down, should lower the chances of incidents. But personally I found it immersion breaking when old AI never had incident, just going on their path like robots..

pippo10, _reborn_, GhostMan and 3 others like this.
  6. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Totally agree I just tried a race weekend at Brands Hatch in the Lotus T125 on Alien difficulty and 100% aggression and while the AI crashed a fair bit I ran the race (not practice or qualifying) 5 or 6 times and I didn't notice the same type of crashes all the time sometimes the AI carried on sometimes they didn't and in one of the races I got taken out and my car wouldn't move either because of damage so your right, I think it's meant to be like that. Could be wrong but either way it's moving in the right direction:). Just to add there is a bug with the individual gear ratios not changing on the setup screen on the Lotus T125 but the overall ratio changes stillo_O

pippo10 likes this.
  7. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

That was always one of my pet peeves too that the AI was just too perfect ALL of the time. I think they've gotten much quicker too.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yep they're quicker. By simply handling the car smoother and also with better lines. For example noticeable difference in line on Eau Rouge

Jezza819 likes this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Agree. I love that the AI makes mistakes and it makes the championship mode much more thrilling: you are first with X points but in the last race you crash and lost any possibilities to fight for the points, so you retire and watch if your next competitor on the championship crash. Would be ideal that those mistake would be random, not repetitive or predictible. Im not sure, but I suspect it works that way because the AI has not a complex behaviour and I've seen in Spa for example that they crash repetitively on Bus Stop.

IMO next step for the AI would be still trying to make that fear to overtake completely disappear, before any other complex behaviour like making them to defend position or pit stops. Multiclass it's not possible yet. Not in a proper way.

I know Stefano said AI is the thing he like the less to work with. But I would like that AI would be the priority for the development. There is so much potential on it and with it because of the championship mode. I hope he works with it again soon enough...

10. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Like you said earlier, us console users not having the AI strength slider like the PC guys makes it tougher now to get a good balanced race.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Don't really understand the decision to leave difficulty slider out from console version.. or any gameplay options PC has, that the console hardware can handle. Not like type of people who like AC are going to be scared off by few sliders and options.. no matter console or PC. Sure the UI may look cleaner, but limiting options isn't practical in the long run

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I love the new AI, warts and all. The only thing I'd change right now is that they don't get into gear when they spin out. If I knock them to encourage them they do though. I love seeing the AI crash out on the first cornner, or wherever. Don't get some people complaining about it when we see it often in real life.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Seems that the AI ability to overtake other cars depends on the track. On Silverstone they just simply eat GT cars. Could be the best track to play multiclass racing.

100% Aggression

pippo10 likes this.
  14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

After couple of days with new AI I should like to make some considerations. I think we have to make clear what we intend for "realistic":
    1 - a behaviour of AI which try to reproduce as much as possible the real life professional drivers during a race
    2 - a behaviour the more similar to gamers during on line races
    They are two really different things. IMO realistic is an AI like the case 1 as the gamers behaviour in on line races is really often stupid and unrealistic as people try to overtake also where simply it is not possible and bump the others or worst. A realistic AI have to try to overtake where it is possible to be successful avoiding to crash and sometimes he have to make mistakes. This happens in real life.
    Having said that in real life it is absolutely and definitively normal and real that some tracks are more easy for overtake and some other not. Just think to tracks as Monza and same Silverstone which are large and with good braking point while instead the tracks as Imola or Nurburgring GP (without mention Monaco and the Hungaroring whcih are not in AC) are less favourable for overtakes. If the AI consider the track difference then it is realistic. I should not love to see an AI which try to overtake also the mosquitos in the corridor of my home like a virtual gamer should do as he is not fear to destroy his race, burn thousand money and risk his life as it in real world.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, it's not about that. They AI still fears extremely to overtake in some part of some tracks (like SPA) even with the LMP1 cars and 100% aggression. With LMP1 cars (specially the 2014 ones, don't ask me why) the problem it's not so bad and even in tracks like silverstone they do it very efficiently, so I believe multiclass championships with them are completely feasible :))).

But it something that still needs to be worked, as in other cars they fear too much to overtake. You can see hypers going maybe 50 kph less than they are able to because they have a very slow car in front inside some corners or sections of the track.

16. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I do not think that the AI is different depending by car model. My feeling is that it is more probable that the developers assigned a different behaviour to each one of the virtual drivers. Whether this assumption should be correct than also with 100% aggression the virtual pilots set with a timid drive style takes more time to overtake meanwhile the virtual drivers set with a determined drive style overtake with decision. But please this is only my assumption and only Kunos could explain how it really works.
    I drove a WEC simulation in SPA with LMP1 and GTE'cars with setting hard + 100% aggression and the AI worked very realistic overtaking the GTE really fast in the point of track where it was possible to do it . To be honest I did not yet tried a multiclass race with very fast cars and other much slower.
    In any case the track make big difference as AI overtake where there is space to try it. This is true in real world and for me is well replicated in AC. It should be enough for you to see a WEC or Blancpain or IMSA or any other GT, Touring or Formula race to realize it.
    What is instead unrealistic is the attempt to overtake of some gamers in on line races that only bump the others and then immediately go out from the race or worst start to annoy the clean drivers.
    For me Kunos did an excellent job and there may be some limit cases which it could be further improved but IMHO the new AI is at today the benchmark in the driving games.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I think (it's an assumption too) they all work with the same code, but it suits better some cars because of the charasteristics of that car (more/less aero, more/less power, better/worse chassis).

I watch WEC regularly and other endurance races like 24 hours of nurburgring or 12 hours of Barthust and sometimes Blancpain races (specially 24 hours of Spa). I insist, this is not about "the AI it's realistic but you think it's slow because you don't know what is realistic".

As you can see, the AI still suffers from fear to overtake. With LMP1 cars it's not so bad and endurance championships with WEC grids are possible. With other type of car, might not be. The AI still needs a little more of intelligence to overtake. Work from here might be even more difficult, as now the process to solve that issue might be very complicated (overtaking with more or less the efficiency of a human it's very subtle).

Im not negating the progress Stefano has made with the AI. The progress is HUGE and the more time you spend with it the more time you like the AI; it's and excellent AI. But, it still suffers that fear to overtake and there is work to do on that matter.

18. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I thought to the drivers differentiation as in other games like Pes or Fifa or other sport games the virtual players are configured one differently than the other on the basis of a number of parameters. One of these is normally the aggression.
    Thank you for the video. By these I see that in the greatest part of the cases the AI overtake the slower car enough fast. At the same time it seems to me also that it is like they overtake only when they are sure that the car ahead will not collide the lines with theirs.

SlimCharles likes this.
  19. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

after racin the AI quite alot since the 1.15 patch i got to admit kunos has done an awsome job
    where else can you race 3 wide round a corner and everybody holds the racin line great work guys :D

Attached Files:

pippo10, Jim Layhee and _reborn_ like this.
  20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I remember Stefano saying one time that the AI drivers have different skill levels as having 15 with the same level would create carnage.
    So many times I've been side by side with the AI for an entire lap. Its awesome.

flyingcarrot and DUNKY- DOPEUS like this.