1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New nVidia 332.21 Drivers Today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dottorfoggy, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

i hope is in the right section

im in download and i will try it later! finally! :D gg nvidia

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=385364

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    phil, RelapseUK, Pbure and 4 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not launch - stuck 'Initializing UI' when Nvidia surround is enabled. Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality nVidia 522.25: 5-10% performance boost on 3080 Oct 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA 512.XX vs 516.XX Aug 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windows11 + nvidia surround in game resolution issue Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA performance overlay Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting return to menus and monitor blank - not optimum mode [Nvidia driver "feature"] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting F11 toggling full screen and framerate issue on nVidia Oct 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck on AC Launcher if Nvidia Surround enabled Oct 19, 2021

3. Pbure

Pbure Gamer

Nice, my FPS went from 67 (with workaround SLI via Nvidia Inspector) to 105 after installing these drivers with the SLI profile.

That's a nice unexpected improvement, which will come in handy when AI is implemented.

dottorfoggy likes this.
  4. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the updated. about to download them and give it a spin before work. Super excited that AC got an profile in early access and highly annoyed, Rome 2 had been released since the end of August and still doesn't.

dottorfoggy likes this.
  5. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

yes, tested right now, it work really fine, fps limit to 60fps and all max setting without blur 0 and face frame to 4, really GG nvidia, now i can really enjoy the graphics on this amazing game! cant wait to drive on the RING and SPA!!!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  6. CDMC

CDMC Gamer

i use old drivers and all i had to do is use these bits: 0x000040F5

after that, SLI started working very nicely!

7. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

you have to try this drivers, work really better :D

8. Pbure

Pbure Gamer

I did that too and got 67 FPS. The Nvidia profile seems to work a lot better, as it is getting me 105 FPS.

Leemstradamus and paulieGTR like this.
  9. CDMC

CDMC Gamer

well im running it at 90+fps avg with a 75fps frame limiter enabled, so i stick to old dirvers. cause in the past i had very many problems nvidia drivers when it comes to SLI and surround gaming, for example Tomb Raider was a nightmare to deal with :D you know how they say,if it ain't broke, don't fix it

baristabrian and paulieGTR like this.
  10. Downloading.....

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Seems Kunos has got nVidia taking a look @performance. ;)

I feel it won't be long until we see major nV driver progress being made with AC in mind. ;):)

Well done Kunos and nV.

Me thinks i'll wait till the release of AC before i add another card.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Leemstradamus likes this.
  12. Qazme

Qazme Gamer

Alright! When I get home from work I will definitely be installing these, thanks for the heads up.

13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

You are absolutely right! For me your post came to late! I read that the new driver would bring better FPS, so I updated. And now my FPS DROPPED by 10 FPS (!) -> from 63 FPS to 53 FPS for example...
    Why??? Am I the only one who experiences a DECREASE instead of an INCREASE?? Am I the only one with a triple-monitor-3D-vision-setup?

Any suggestions or do I really have to revert to my latest driver 331.93 with nvidiainspector-trick (compatibility Bit 0x000040F5)???

Please help! I am so disappointed because I was looking foreward to the FPS-gain that everyone else was reporting in this thread...
    I can't believe that with each program- or driver-update I have to start with a disappointment...
    Is there anyone out there with a 2-titans-triple-screen-nvidia-3D-surround-setup?

I already restarted the pc and verified steam cache integrity...

I also noticed that the green SLI-indicators are shown on screen but they are not as large as with the old driver (which means that not 100% of SLI is used?). So it would be nice if you could check your indicated SLI-usage too. THX

14. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

get the same "glitch" at first attemp 20fps avg, but really, i dont konw how i solved it , try to remove the inviadia inspector custom sli, check on nvidia pannel, and in game setting, can maybe help you, that was the same i've done! hope you can solve!

15. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Just did a quick test on old and new drivers in the M3 GT2 at Imola. Settings as per sig bar having v-sync disabled.
    Code:
    Frames | Time (ms) |  Min | Max | Avg
    23685   | 250710  | 80    | 108  | 94.472

Frames | Time (ms) | Min | Max | Avg
    35523   | 247994  | 113  | 164  | 143.241

332.21 | AFx16
    Frames  | Time (ms)  | Min  | Max  | Avg
    31998    | 246030    | 109   | 150   | 130.057

16. geg

geg Gamer

I also have ~10 FPS drop with 332.21 even if i set compatibility Bit 0x000040F5

17. Roger

Roger Racer

Great! Awesome to see some official support from nVidia.

Really looking forward to bump up visualsa few notches tonight!

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you for the infos! I have some questions:

1. Did you measure your FPS in 3D or 2D-mode? I think it must be 2D!?

2. As I only play games in 3D-mode but think that your above FPS are based on 2D I tried to switch to 2D too in order to be able to compare the FPS, but I have severe problems in doing that. If I want to switch from 3D to 2D by pushing the green button on the nvidia-emitter my triple-screen starts flickering or I get a black screen???

3. How did you capture your Avg FPS (with an AC app or Fraps?)

4. You write in your signature that you use 8x AA with triple surround: so you always get the big red letters "your AA settings have been downgraded to 2xAA. If you don't want to read this message again downgrade your AA-settings to 2x or lower or disable surround", right? If the answer is yes: why do you set them to 8xAA then if it is automatically downgraded to 2xAA and you have the annoying message. If the answer is no: How did you get rid of this annoying red message?

5. At which (game-)time did you test your FPS in Imola (14:00 o clock or 08:00 o clock for example; 08:00 is much more demanding on FPS because of the sun/shadows)

6. Did you check your SLI-usage or if not could you please do this? (In Nvidia control panel --> "SLI, Surround, PhysX"-Section --> in the upper menu bar "3D-settings" --> check "show SLI indicator"). With old driver 331.93 and nvidia-inspector-trick the green-SLI bar is fully used and reaches the top and bottom of the screen. With the new driver 332.21 the green bar does NOT reach the top and bottom of the screen which means that the SLI is not used efficiently and this I think is the reason why my FPS drop with new driver! Could you please check your SLI usage?

7. The user "geg" wrote that he also experiences a FPS-drop of 10 FPS. He also runs in surround-mode (triple-screen) like you and me. So what could be the reason that "geg" and I have a FPS drop while you have an increase???
    @geg: I have the same problem that entering the good working SLI bit "0x000040F5" doesn't work any more with this driver. We would have to revert to the older driver and then use this bit in nvidia inspector... Do you play in 3D?

19. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Did you do a clean install?

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

yes

21. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Mike,

I run in 2D, monitors are only 60Hz. It might be worth you trying a clean install again via the Nvidia drivers but only installing the graphics driver and PhysX and none of the other components such as the 3D vision control driver and HD audio driver.

I used Fraps to benchmark. I run AAx4, set via the game as with all my settings, and have never had any of the problems you describe. Time of day was the default 10:30am. I did also test at 08:00/17:00/18:00 with v-sync set as before at Aqua-Minirali I would always get a brief drop where it couldn't hold 60FPS but no such problems now, even with AFx16.

I use EVGA precision-x to monitor GPU usage, which showed both GPU's being fully utilised under both drivers. Note: I had not made any manual changes to the SLI profile for AC under the old driver as precision-x had always showed both GPU's being fully utilised from day 1 (with v-sync disabled).