1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New T300 GTE after warranty but it is worse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michele Papis, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Hi,
    My T300 GTE died last week and now I've receive a new one. But I have some problems:
    - strange noise inside the wheel base, don't know if fan or electric
    - i have alignment problem at auto centering startup, it keeps pushing to the right without success. Sometimes it does it, sometimes not, with 900 seems to be fine, with 1080 not every time I boot up my pc
    - ring noise when pushing hard on the wheel or when ffb is stronger, like an electrical component suffering of the energy required by the wheel.
    - if you push the wheel when in idle, pushing left is ultra quick at returning in the center position, but if you push on the right the wheel is really slow returning into the center position.
    - sometimes the wheel seems better than the old one, sometimes seems to be weaker

Never find this problem on my old wheel. Another warranty process to do?

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T300 GTE not full 1080° Apr 26, 2017
    Chit Chat Room T300 GTE no ffb consistency in the center Mar 18, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster T300servo/Ferrari F1 & GTE Wheel/T3PA Pro pedals Feb 16, 2017
    Bug reports T300 GTE Feb 15, 2017
    Bug reports No-Spin full throttle t300gte Jan 25, 2017
    General modding discussion T300 gte wheel button mappings Jan 19, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte wheel Mar 20, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte Jan 9, 2015
    General modding discussion Thrustmaster t300 ferrari gte wheel oder g27? Nov 30, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T300 oscillation in the middle Jan 10, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    Bug reports Private lobby crash with T300 or T150 connected Mar 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Zero FFB | Thrustmaster T300RS GT [FIXED] Aug 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300 ffb Feb 28, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300RS GT. FOV. Questions Jan 19, 2022

3. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

The noise from the inside, small cooler or electric noise is normal i think. I have this too even if the computer is switched off. Thats why i also unplug the USB cable when wheel is not in use.

Rest sounds strange and is definately a warranty thing.

Did u checked if the firmware is up to date? if not, try an update, perhaps this solves the problem.

4. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

If it's right from the start, then it's probably not the fan since that only starts after the motor heats up enough. If the noise starts after driving a while, then it could be the fan. You can force the fan on to check, you can do it by holding the "mode" button on the wheelbase and pushing "st" button at the same time. If the GTE rim doesn't have a button with "ST" label, then um... just hold mode and push through all of the buttons on the wheel or something :D

If you can't force the fan on, you are using a firmware below ver 25 and you're a bad dog, go update already. :p

Yeah, does sound like an RMA situation... But the issues sound conflicting, if it has issues turning clockwise during the initial calibration, but has issues turning counter-clockwise when in use. I'd love to know wth is going on. o_O

I don't understand where people still find these monday versions of T300's... The launch versions were a mess for TX and T300, but TM fixed those issues like two years ago. Guess some stores still have stock of the crappy ones, or TM has somehow managed to muck up their production line again since then :confused:

I've noticed a slight electrical buzz noise from the motor when it's pumping out max power trying to turn the rim but unable to because I'm holding the wheel still. Only times I notice it during driving is if I turn the wheel into the driver soft lock range the rare times I've limited it in the driver, or during the last 10 or so degrees of full turn radius, when the soft lock kicks in to protect the hard lock from being mashed into at speed.

If that changes during driving, so it starts as strong, but at some point goes weak, then the motor is likely overheating and going into reduced power mode to protect itself, the strength returns when the motor cools down enough. If that's the issue, then people have reported that forcing the fan on at all times helps with preventing that. But it's usually only an issue to begin with in hot countries or if you're running the TM-profiler at 100% instead of the default which is (iirc) 70%.

5. Re-installed the drivers and also the firmware out of the box was the latest, tried to flash againg, changed nothing.

6. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

My wheel has this very silent but noticeable sound al lthe time. The cooling fan is much louder and is starting when wheel is in heavy use. So i thought it is not a malfunction.

7. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Hmm, haven't noticed anything in my wheel when it's sitting idle, but maybe it's just lost in the background hum from my computer :)

8. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

My friend had similar issue. they replaced his wheel. Wheel was t500. He's not online but can ask him what was the problem. It was new wheel so could be same problem. If u don't get/find anything will let u know what was the deal with it.

9. The previous one was quiet, I mean: the fan is working at minimum while not playing, but now you can hear it makes a bad noise, like a not perfect fan.

10. I've bought the wheel at a local shop, Thrustmaster Official seller. Btw it's annoying, because they give me a new unit last day because the old one died after 8 months, I hope to don't have to discuss for this..

11. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

They have some issue with that. Don't remember the name of broken noise part. But he send them a video and they replaced his wheel. Maybe its something else with your's,but I will ask him so maybe it helps u anyway.

12. About the ring electrical noise I can say it doesn't happen when reaching the maximum of degree but always, also on little rotation, never happened before. Looks like the wheel is always stressed.

At startup it does the common problem when I restart my pc and expecially when I use the wheel for some time. If I unplug the powercord seems to be better, and it's my pain about an electical problem, matter of time if not broken just now the wheel.
    I have bad sensation overall from the first time, so i think is a defective one. I never felt this things with my old one, and it was fine, except for the last week, when it won't to turn on .-.

13. I can go directly to the shop agan. Btw I have recorded the videos if I have to do the warranty procedure on my own, but it's less that 12/24 months after my initial purchase, so it's the shop the one to look at for the warranty.

14. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

If u know its something wrong just go there..let them turn on few wheels there so u can really compare. I just tell u friend had similar issue.Even new wheel have some "weird noises" he say's,but not even close like replaced one.

15. It's not annoyin the noise, but the overall problems with the wheel, noises that mean something bad to me.

16. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

Thrustmaster doesn't put the best fans in their wheels, in fact the fans are crap.
    I replaced the noisy fan in my t500rs with a Noctua fan, sweet and silent! :D

There's tons of info on how to do it:

17. Let's see what happens in next days. I left the T300 at the store ;)

vlado Cro likes this.
  18. Finally I have my wheel again BUT it's still the same. They said never encountered the problem, and just flashed the firmware to be sure. (already did by myself)
    I'm really pissed off, and now I wrote directly to Thrustmaster to see if I can receive help from their directly and send the wheel to them.

The problem occurs when I use for example AC driving few laps, then if I restart the computer the wheel start pushing of the right (crazy noise, like it is destroying itself) and get stuck in that way. Only if I disconnect the power cable for some minutes seems to be fine. Tried on another clean computer, the same. Constant ringing noise when driving like it's pushing the motor too much and of course, ffb is constant, but the start up problem is TOTALLY annoying. Sometimes if you leave the wheel just a little bit off center while restarting computer or connecting T300 to usb it's over for you, neverending self calibration.
    Tried the famous T300 calibration software, firmware upgrade, drivers update, nothing. (it also happens without the drivers installed)

The old one died but it works perfectly.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

After that horrible experience with the shop you bought the wheel at, I would go to TM directly. Make a vid documenting your issues. I for one had only good experiences with TM support. Fast and competent responses, with good prices for spare parts. But I have to say that only my table clamp broke, the T500RS works like a charm for three years now.

Michele Papis likes this.
  20. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Maybe they give him a refurbished one?
    On side note there is difference between t300 GTE base and T300 one?
    Looking on their site seems the GTE one is an updated version of the regular T300 base

21. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

Had the same exact problem with my t300rs 3 weeks after i got it, contacted Thrustmaster via their phone number.
    After fighting with Thrustmaster customer service for a few days to prove my wheel indeed had a problem. They told me to send a video of the wheel during the auto centering startup via mail, which i did.
    I had to send back the wheel base (without the wheel) so they can take a look at it, and they finally sent me a brand new wheel base. Apparently it is a fairly common problem with faulty units.

The process was quite long around 4 weeks if i remember correctly, and the Thrustmaster customer service was quite terrible ...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017