1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic NEWS/INFOS From Social Media

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 28, 2017.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If you're going to vote for an F1 car, then vote for the 641. We have no 90s F1 car. I'm torn between that and the 333SP, well and all the others, damn you Kunos y no 3 packs instead?

2. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I voted for the 575 GTC since there's no F40 GTE in sight.

alex21212121 and Hugo Catarino like this.
  3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

@TheReaper GT I answer you here because I dont have the privileges to post on the PC forum.

That's not true, Stefano said you can have top physics and top graphics on consoles. Polyphony simply doesnt want to make a simulator (Yamauchi has said that couple of times) and Kunos is not big enough to have such an enormous technical staff as companies like Evolution, Polyphony or Turn 10 have.

That those companies choose to have more arcady physics and shiny graphics is not because the gpu power is limited and they prefere to use that power on shiny graphics, but because they want to make accessible the game for everyone. They also want it to look good so it gets more attention.

TitzonToast and kofotsjanne like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Stefano again brutally honest, have to like this quality of him. It's widely spread myth that graphics and physics are always compromise of resources. (Along with "Damage model is bad, because manufacturers don't allow damaging their cars") Would have made AC appear in better light if he didn't intentionally bust this myth, just leave the thread unanswered. Lots of people have taken this "realistic sim can't have good graphics, because of the heavy physics calculations" as Truth earlier. Including me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  5. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Conventional wisdom is often more convention than wisdom, as it turns out.

6. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Stefano's feedback means also that there is room for potential significant improvement on console both for graphics and physics in AC2

SlimCharles likes this.
  7. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

More it means also that there should be also the chance to go over the problem of only 16 cars on track. Personally I shoul pay to get it already on the current AC

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Well they will surely being using a more capable engine too.

9. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Maybe they could just get saving on consoles working first before going on to grander things.

ppbucko likes this.
  10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

The Holy Grail of xbox. I forgot though were only 10 months into the game cycle.

I wonder if Lord Kunos has Phil Spencers contact info, Question how do we save to your cloud system ?

11. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Or replays for online races, so much more to add to this game to bring it to the level of content of the competition and Pcars 2 on the horizon with reviews looking good so far ( not just from those who are getting paid to say so) I can see alot of communities dropping AC in the future, indeed I already know of a couple that are not planning any more racing on AC which is a bit of a shame

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

online racing on AC with a ffb wheel in private lobby is the best racing experience you can currently get on console. The biggest problem right now is getting a low ping server, critical for a good online race. We have 4 people set up the same room then the others search the lobbies and check the ping, then everyone joins the lowest one. Also we need to be able to set the race going our selfs, after 20 mins practice, and 20mins qualifying people may need a 5 min break to do things, going straight to a 10 lap race isn't really practical. Also we need that break to adjust fuel levels after qualifying. Replays are needed for league racing but were just a punch of middle aged men, who enjoy racing.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I know on PC that you can set a wait time between sessions, ie qualify and race. A new option that let admins set an amount of "ready" votes to start the race could work. I have never seen such a feature requested though and have no clue about how much work would be needed to implement it. To set up fuel level is as easy as 123, dont you have a build in 'calculator' that tells you how much fuel is needed for a specific distance?

14. BobTheDog

No we don't.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats pretty stupid.. On PC it have been like that for as long as i remember. You need to do 2 laps and it will calculate how many laps you will be able to do on the amount of fuel you have set to. The more laps you do, the more accurate it will calculate.

16. BobTheDog

When we can save data I will start worrying about that sort of thing.

ppbucko likes this.
  17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

on every other race game on console, who ever sets up room becomes the host. They have full control of room. Everyone is in party chat, or they ready up in lobby which puts a tick next to there name, host then sets race in motion. So simple, a timer which just counts down from one session to another is a nightmare. Forza is on dedicated servers and uses the host to control the room, and you know who the host is because he is highlighted in lobby, from there he can change everything from cars to tracks, laps, assists everything you could think off. We can't alter anything on console after qualifying finishes, we can't even set fuel levels in setup for qualifying and race. We just got one slider for fuel, it doesn't calculate your fuel levels either for the race.

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

LOL I don't think anyone is listening to us about the saving issues.

19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Hosts have too much control of the rooms right now, to give them even more control of the lobbies would simply destroy the multiplayer. Im talking about the public multiplayer, on the private multiplayer I agree the host should have more control.

20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've yet to see a single negative outside of a couple on this forum. Now to me that rings alarm bells, no video on YouTube pointing out flaws or gripes. That is nonsense as it must have and will have flaws. So I trust no review until I see it being reviewed by people who have paid up out of their pockets and don't feel a part of the development side of it by funding it.
    No unfortunately, all I do is run laps on 5 liters then do the math after I've run out of fuel. This is actually more exciting as I've cut it very close before and run out just after the finish or even before.
    my advice to everyone is to repeat what Lord Kunos said before. Make one thread each reporting the problem, rather than posting in the same one thread,

1 person +1 problem = 1 thread.

If you guys haven't done that then give it a try.