1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic NEWS/INFOS From Social Media

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

There's a section called bug reports, yep posted in there on day 1 of championship mode not saving. I emailed the report to 505 games of this site on day 1 of update. There have also been multiple reports all over console lounge. Not 1 single dev or ac 505 or lord kunos has posted anything on the issue. we waited months and months for championship mode and its useless unless you can save your progress. It hasn't even got the reported flag on left hand side in bug reports after 2 weeks. The testing of this mode couldn't have been very long either, you only have to turn xbox off and you loose everything.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Could be that they don't have the time to solve the bugs. But I agree that communication from Kunos is almost non existing. Stefano is the only dev that pass by the forum.

3. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

The communication has got worse, they went through a period a few months ago where it was pretty good but now not so much.

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How can you keep on releasing updates which don't work. I'm not on about small bugs, I'm on about big massive bugs, saving data so when you play next time the data is still there. Career, car setups now championship mode. It's the same mistakes over and over again.

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The team is small and Im sure they are doing all they can. My guess is that, because of the massive number of complains because of the delay of the updates, they prefere to release them broken and calm down the community instead of taking more time with the updates and relese them properly.

jaxx_za likes this.
  6. BobTheDog

I think it is basic incompetence.

7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's what I think as well.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That made me laugh quite a lot. :D

A team that started with 70k euros and 4 people and now has 30 people and has spent 5 million in the game has managed to develop arguably the best driving simulator, with one of the best AI, the game that has more laser scaned tracks than anyone on consoles, the only simulator on consoles, with a car list with all the major manufacturers, simulator that it's used by the two major car companies...

Let's call Beethoven incompetent because he only did 9 symphonies.

[​IMG]

9. BobTheDog

Are we playing different games maybe?

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Did I say something that it's not true?

That Kunos it's one of the most talented teams out there it's obvious. They manage to perform better than other much bigger teams in many areas. Ian Bell said he has 32 people working on AI, while on Kunos only Stefano does that (while he works in million other things). The sound it's not at the level of Dirt Rally or Raceroom, but it's good enough to embarrass other games with much larger staff (it's Luca the only guy that works sound?). It's the only game that uses dedicated servers for private lobbies. And talking about functionality and game modes, no game (besides PCars maybe?) allows you to navegate with the pad while using wheel and no other games have such a tremendous cool feature like custom championships (with the same level of freedom).

Calling them incompetent it's just stupid. Very stupid indeed. So the explanation that the game is full with bugs can't be because of "incompetence".

@P73 and jaxx_za like this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think your find were on about the team that ports it to console, not the boffins who created the game.
    I mean the most basic of things to save progress in a game. 10 months after release to be able to save a car setup, now we can't save progress on championship mode. That's incompetence. where's the hot fix for it ? We got to wait for the next update to come and hope it's in there ?

12. BobTheDog

I really don't understand this absolute belief that some people have towards this game, it beggars belief.

I can't save progress in the main game.

I can't save championships.

I can't use some of the cars as I cannot set up my steering wheel buttons to control them.

I can't use my clutch because AC thinks it hasn't got full travel and there is no way to calibrate it.

The AI is about as stupid as it gets, yesterday I pulled off the racing line and slowed to let some cars pass and they just all slowed down behind me refusing to overtake. Artificial stupidity maybe?

If I was to buy a word processor, it's the best word processor since sliced bread but the people that ported it to my operating system managed to get it so it couldn't save any data to disk I would call that incompetent. Why would this game be different?

Lewisxbone likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If it is incompetence, Why dont you work for them? If you are so smart and think the problems are so easy to fix, Im sure Kunos is very happy to hire you.

The team that has port the game it's also very talented. 3-4 people with the help of Stefano did all the work.

How is even possible that you expect that a team of 30 people do the same work with the same quality as 200? That's against reason.

But good for you if you think the team is incompetent.

14. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Probably because their QA team focus more on test cases provided by Microsoft and Sony to get the updates ready for the submission process, instead of gameplay aspects, broken features and various glitches. Plus, no communication whatsoever in the bug section. As you said, all we can do is waiting and hoping that things get fixed by the next update (hopefully, without breaking previous features like 1.14 did with pit stops animations). It's useless for us, for them and so damn frustrating even if I love this game.

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Ah common...not everything is that Bad at the Moment like maybe months ago. I love AC although I sometimes in the past huge critisized Kunos for being incompetent in they way they communicate. But the last update IMO has improved the whole experience. I'm looking forward to the next update with improved AI. So for me with every Lack of this sim, it's still the Best sim when it comes to physics, period.

Daz730, pippo10 and @P73 like this.
  16. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

At the moment this may be true, I also love Assetto and haven't played anything since update 1.14, however with the release of Pcars 2 looming on the horizon with much more input from manufacturers and tyre manufacturers along with input from professional drivers who I'm pretty sure wouldn't put there name to a piece of software without being sure it was satisfactory I can see the future being short for Assetto unless major issues are improved

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  17. DonZmeuheu

I also looking forward to PC2, but I'm not sure if the physics can be as good as in AC . Look I think we all played PC1 and it was cool but not as good as AC. And yes of course unless the physics PC does maybe everything better than AC. But the physics is what matter for me. Nevertheless I hope that PC2 will be better than I expected but I think we need to wait till it drops and than we can judge.

Daz730 likes this.
  18. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

By all accounts from the people I've spoken to who are early development testers physics and tyre model are very close to being Assetto or R-Factor quality

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  19. DonZmeuheu

I hope that's true, I can only judge from what I see on YouTube, and of course that look stunning:) and from my experience with PC1. But if the physics and tyre model are very close to AC than I will be very happy:)

Daz730 likes this.
  20. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

if you were to compare sim racing to the decathlon, AC on console would be the athlete who's world class at the running events, average at the jumping events but never even turned up for the throwing events!