1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic NEWS/INFOS From Social Media

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Are you saying that PCars 2 is a good simulator because they have professional racing drivers (that have been payd) promoting the game?

Dirt3 Kris Meeke[​IMG]

PCars 1 Rene Rast
    [​IMG]

Gran Turismo Lucas Ordoñez
    [​IMG]

Are you saying PCars2 is going to be a good simulator because SMS says they use data from manufacturers and tyre manufacturers?

Gran Turismo
    4:33
    "In terms of how close, the parameters required for the physics engine are equivalent or even more than what is required by F1 teams for their lap time simulations"

Dirt 4
    21:03
    "Cooper gave us all the data they have on their tyres"

Welcome to the real world. Please be my guest.

If PCars 2 it's a good simulator wont be because some racing driver says so or because SMS says they use manufacturer and tyre manufacturer data.

2. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Did you read my comment, I also said people I know who have early access, I know as well as everyone else to take drivers involved with development with a pinch of salt

3. Yeah, those guys that paid to 'beta test' the game will surely be objective.

4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Did you read your own comment?

Some could be. Some could be not. Ive seen people saying they like PCars2 more than Assetto and others, specially a spanish youtuber that is beta tester and has the biggest channel dedicated to simracing in Spain, say that is not at the level of hardcore simulators. People that has tried PCars2 and are not beta testers, like John Sabol from ISR says PCars2 it's very close to Assetto.

Until I try it I wont have a final veredict about PCars2, but all the testimonies combined tell me it's close to the hardocore simulators.

5. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Completely agree in due course we will be able to make our own decisions but either way it will be the most complete sim on the market

6. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I fully agree with you. The drivers which are promoting PC2 means only marketing actions, not less not more.
    This does not give you any concrete information about the real quality of the simulation. I am not saying that PC2 is bad or good, we will be able to discover this only after tried the game but for sure you cannot trust in the quality of the game only becuase some promoters say it is good: they are paid for that.

Mattbeastblood and SlimCharles like this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

8. dawg

dawg Racer

Maybe you can message him and let him know? Or anyone from Kunos? :)

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

She is probably on vacation. Judging by the forum and twitter activity. Anyway, by tagging her nick she should know.

10. John Sabel is unbelievable not objective and if you give him enough cash he will say what wanna hear. It's absolute laughable that a channel day he is objective and have in the background thousands of thrust masters package lool

Mattbeastblood and pippo10 like this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

John Sabol

John Sabol is not my favourite "sim racing journalist", but I dont see the point. So that they have Thrustmaster as an sponsor means any positive statement from them about any product it's because they have been payd? :confused:

His statemets match others from beta testers, other youtubers and non beta testers and he also gave some very specific information (tyre flex).

By the way, their reviews about TH products are objective and neutral. Probably they try to be the most objetive posible with TH products because they know people will be very skeptical because of that TH sponsorship.

12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Two posts by @Dookie from the PC section:

POST #1

Just came back from Sim-Expo were we had a ~40 Minutes Interview with Marco.

Oh boy, where do I start...

- BMW M6 GT3 won't happen, so it's not a joke :( But there are ongoing negotiations with BMW which Marco didn't explain in detail
    - Laguna Seca is laserscanned and is expected for the end of the year
    - LS will be part of a Bonus Pack free of charge including cars like Maserati Quattroporte, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV, Alfa Romeo Stradale 33 and more (can't remember the rest right now)
    - Audi TT Roadcar which was mentioned in last New Years Blog won't happen because they decided on the Cup Version which was included in RTR Pack
    - While legal problems with LS were solved, track designer Simone Trevisiol was busy with other projects which Marco didn't explain further, so no clue if it's AC related.
    - Kunos is currently in R&D phase (Research & Development) for the next project. Evaluating the options for a new graphics engine (in house or third party) and other stuff.
    - Even if it will be a game located in space it will have Day/Night and rain :D
    - There are no plans to bring Fiorano, neither as track nor as showroom

I can't remember everything from the interview but we have filmed the whole thing as well and if the sound is good it will be released soon. Also I saw the guys form Racedepartment interviewing Marco and Stephano so propably there will be an article on R&D about it.

Edit: After the interview we had a quick chat with Stephano and talked about the possibility of further support for booking mode and other stuff. Both were super nice, chilled, and happy to be at the Simexpo. So big thanks @@Licensing Master and @@Lord Kunos! Hope to see you next year as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POST #2

If I recall correctly there will be 7 cars in the bonus pack and thanks to ShredatorFIN I remember that the Lamborghini Huracan Performante will be part of it.
    Also guys: Marco emphasized that Laguna Seca will be a free laserscanned track but to exclude every bit of doubt as it sounds to good to be true, let's just wait for the interviews like mantasisg said

13. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Next project?? Please finish this one first

14. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Very hypped about the alfa stradalle 33,my favourite Alfa and one of my fav ever!great choice by Kunos!:) how great it would be to have more tracks in 2018,as a reason for the delay of Laguna Seca:rolleyes: estoril,Paul ricard,Spa historic,Rouen les essarts,jerez,and of course,le mans.but that track is another discussion :D:D:p

15. Plato99mk2

Plato99mk2 Rookie

I'm not being paid, but I can safely say PCars2 will be in a better state on day 1 than AC is a year after release.
    Anyone who kids themself otherwise must be on Kunos' payroll.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  16. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Not crying over the lack of an M6 GT3. There are more than enough GT3 cars in the game already.

I know not everyone is a huge fan of Laguna Seca, but I've seen so many iconic races there, I cannot wait for that circuit. Not to mention, there is a ton of real life lap data for that circuit, so you'll be able to (for example) test your skills against real life lap times, which is always fun :)

Very interested to hear about any future R&D projects. I've been very critical of many aspects of Assetto Corsa, but I try to at least be objective about them. I think it's important to be able to express your criticisms without crossing over to some kind of personal vendetta. Despite my criticisms, it's obvious that Kunos know how to build an incredible driving simulator. There are clear areas for improvement in the "game" aspect, which I hope they will address in future releases. I'm willing to come along for that ride.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Behold the infamous one

[​IMG]

18. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Looks great but any chance we could get the Red Bull RB13 too...
    ;)

19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Most likely not. Because of the F1 license, seems that we can only get one brand/team for the recent years (ferrari) and 2 brands for older years (Lotus and ferrari).

My explanation for the Maserati ones is that they are so old that the license doesnt reach them.

Hugo Catarino and Scuderia Paul like this.
  20. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I just wanted to recreate the T1 debacle from Singapore. Ah well.