1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No drift server online!?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by smokeKings, Feb 24, 2017.

1. smokeKings

smokeKings Gamer

Hey Kunos,

at the moment I can't find any online drift server, could you please fix that issue?

And while you're at it, would you please add Japan, too...I mean Magione is fine and all but having just 1 track for drifting is a bit boring, you know.

So thanks in advance,
    smokes

theslidingdutchm likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion How to make a Drift Server with Mods? Nov 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos Pacific Coast (0.95) 10km Drift Session (Online Server) Nov 13, 2017
    Bug reports Drift and tourist servers disappeared Sep 4, 2017
    Suggestions Drift points in servers Aug 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room New Drift Server Jul 14, 2017
    Suggestions Serverlist: type of mode (drift, race, etc) Apr 30, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Drift cars on other servers. Jan 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Drift Japan servers back. Jan 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Drift.Party AC Servers Sep 17, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Drift online Server Rulesets Sep 16, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues could i join a drift server ? May 17, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "car bmw_z4_drift is illigal" when trying to host server with z4 drifts Apr 5, 2015
    Screens & Videos Tandem drifting - falken drift server [1080p] Jul 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room [Server] AC Drift Server - Information and Rules May 12, 2014
    Screens & Videos Initial D Themed | Lan Evo 3 Drifts Down Irohazaka Downhill Jul 31, 2023

3. Most of us fully agree with you. Kudos at least let us know what's going on. Please....

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

smokeKings and SlideWaze like this.
  4. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

Kunos so should we expect drift lobbies back in the next update ?

theslidingdutchm and smokeKings like this.
  5. smokeKings

smokeKings Gamer

I do believe Kunos' reason for not responding or acting upon this topic is, that they're preparing some sort of drift related online content and this update will release very soon, so they don't want to spoil no nothing because maybe they intend to suprise us...I mean, who knows but I really can't think of any other reasons, though.

Cheers,
    Smoked

theslidingdutchm and SlideWaze like this.
  6. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I am curious - you are not the only one to post this prediction, where is the idea coming from? I think it will just be better for all if/when custom online features are added to the console versions.

It is really surprising to me though that they are not always providing multiple drift configurations in the online lobbies. Alongside Nord's Track day, and GT3 racing.. Drifting is one of the most popular online uses.

smokeKings likes this.
  7. smokeKings

smokeKings Gamer

Ok, let me explain it to you. This "prediction" is nothing more than a feeling that i have on this topic, mostly nurtured from hopes and common sense.
    See, why would KS remove drift servers anyway?
    A) they don't care and/or removed it on purpose, which is unlikely if it was kinda popular
    B) by accident, which is also unlikely because they already removed online drifting on japan by accident in the past, after releasing a dlc (can't remember which one) and re-added it after we raised attention (mostly SlideWaze if i remember correctly) to this. This means KS is aware of our needs (online drifting).
    C) they're preparing something that require the drift servers to be offline. Which is, at least in my opinion, the most likely scenario.

Then again, we don't know nothing for sure and it may be a completely different reason but until we know, i really want to believe they're working on some drift related content, because this is what we desire.
    Of course, I also could be all salty about not being able to drift online in AC right now, but I'd rather hope for something good to come out of this.
    And if i'm wrong and KS decides to not bring drift servers back online, i can't do anything about it, life goes on and i'll find other games to drift online somewhere in the future...

Cheers,
    smoke

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    SlideWaze likes this.
  8. fr13del

fr13del Racer

9. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I would think C would be the least likely though..

Anyways, I hope the drifter community gets some attention because the current state with no options is pretty bad...

10. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

Here

Attached Files:

smokeKings likes this.
  11. Sohail_16

Sohail_16 Gamer

D)or it could be a glitch because this keeps on happening over and over again and they keep bringing it back and then it keeps disappearing. I'm guessing they're having some client/server side issues with the lobbies. Hopefully the private lobbies set to launch with update 1.14(most likely this month) will alleviate all of these problems.

smokeKings likes this.
  12. smokeKings

smokeKings Gamer

Yes sir, this really seems to be the problem here and just like you, I'm hoping for a sufficient fix for this issue.

Also I do hope those upcoming private lobbies are exactly what we're expecting them to be. Cause I'd rather prefer custom servers with settings for tracks, modes (drift, race, training) and cars.
    Guess we'll find out soon enough...

13. ebphoto

ebphoto Rookie

pumped the drift lobbies are back. was surprising to see with page after page of empty race lobby rooms.
    hope we can do vallelunga club with direction off to be ran both ways with the drift line up.... hoping the private lobbies give us some actual ability to switch some things up.

add me on psn : ebfoto

smokeKings likes this.