1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Noob And g29 Wheel

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by qheldair, Jan 18, 2017.

1. qheldair

qheldair Rookie

So yeah I would like to ask for help in settings to steering wheel G29
    (city car driving / ETS2 / asseto corsa / 2016 F1/dirt rally etc etc ) or basically all simracing games

the problem is " "
    as you seen in the video, rotation is strange - a little twisting and gaming steering wheel revolves like circling about like 2000 or even more degre to right or left even if i move little wheel

.its my 1st better sterering wheel (once I had damn cheap but . well you know it wasnt the same thing as i have in G29
    the steering wheel is too (i have no idea how to describe it too sensivite ? too soft ? too well its just weird and i feel it like every move i did the whell understood it like Full right move etc
    the same problem is with throtle . I musk a little with big finger lightly and It feels like pressed to the floor .
    the same thing with the clutch. if someone can help me with set everything perfectly i will be very happy :)

Also i have some problem with clutch in asseto corsa
    (the setting when you're trying assign Cluch damn thing does not respond ..
    (even though the description of the devices plugged the 7 key (as a clutch work) but when configures it does not matter what I am doing there is no response

so with the humility please help to finally move from ps3 pad to begin to use the steering wheel.
    i hope my not understandable english isnt a big problem : D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help a noob image on app Dec 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions the biggest crash noobs !!! May 3, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Where can a noob race online? Sep 29, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Noob Questions Mar 24, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2020 League for relative noobs? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question - Car Control and Consistency Feb 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob questions, sorry. My first look into this game. Dec 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question about FFB Aug 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ac Noob help Aug 14, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question regarding pit stop invalid Jul 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Guide for Noobs like me Jul 10, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Help a noob out! Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Noob question about selecting official cars.. Feb 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Noob graphics question Sep 5, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA rating and Multiplayers noobs Jul 16, 2019

3. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

I have mine set to 1080 rotation to match the cars actual wheel turn on the screen. Other settings are 70% FFB, all other effects off, as they can make it jittery.
    Make sure you have H Shifter On in the front options otherwise it won't recognise it. Easier than tuning it for PCars. Hope that's some help. Persistence will pay off and develop muscle memory in your whole body, rather than just your thumbs.

DrGyproc likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It looks like you have AC on steam so I guess youre on PC?
    Did you install drivers? Otherwise:
    Unplug the wheel from your pc
    download drivers - http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g29-driving-force#download
    When the install ask you to plugin the wheel, plug it in
    Restart your pc
    open up logitech gaming software and make sure that it set to be 900 degrees of rotation
    Open AC and go to controller options and do the setup wizard

Here is a thread about Logitech wheels :
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/logitech-wheels-official-thread.3295/page-101

5. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, console user. Not sure on the PC routine.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Remember to depress the pedals before starting AC, when AC has started and once again in pit/on grid. This helps recalibrate them and give you full pedal travel in game, otherwise you could have hyper sensitive pedals for a few corners/laps.

edit: I like the BIG cheesy grin you have on the dash in your YouTube video. :D

Kembro likes this.
  7. qheldair

qheldair Rookie

mkey i got the asseto the 900degres helps . other things too . but then
    how about sensitive ?

and how about other games/programs ? its all matter just from 900degres ? like f1 2016 euro truck 2 and every games that use wheel ?
    or i have to adjust it somewhere else ? (Kinda newbie questions but :p well better ask then not :p )

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Dont touch sensitivity in AC. The reason you can use 900 in AC is because it changes rotation automatically depending on the car. Your physical wheel will still move 900 but the ingame wheel will stop. So if you drive a f1 car you wont have the same amount of degrees as a regular road car as example.

Im not sure if f1 2016 changes this but otherwise you could use something like 360-420 maybe? Try and see what you like. :)

9. Can the DOR be changed on the g29 and the g920 as everywhere reports it as 900 DOR only, all other wheels from thrustmaster and fanatec show the full range of DOR the wheels can be set to even reviews mention that it's 900 DOR only ?

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

[​IMG]

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  11. Thanks I was just wondering as everywhere has reported it as 900 DOR only, can it be changed on the wheel of does it have to be connected to a PC ?

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont use a logitech wheel myself so I dont know. :(

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

14. qheldair

qheldair Rookie

how about Steering Sensitivity? should it be 50% default or 100%?

15. sseki

sseki Rookie

I own a G29 too and u CAN NOT change the DOR, if you are on the Console Version. Only with the profiler or whatever other sw on PC.
    It is a pity that you cant change the DOR in the console version.
    I wont even touch the game for now nor buy any DLCs, until the DEVs decide to make the game more "user friendly" und give us more options how to play, not how we should play. Every other single fckn console-sim gives the user the options to play as he wish. AND there are many PS4 wheels on the market, which can change the DOR on the fly, but for those who dont own such a wheel, are clearly in the disadvantage. Of course it needs to be as realistic as possible...bla bla thats your opinion. SO PLEASE KUNOS GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHANGE THE DOR.

16. I don't have any problem with my G29.. Just the ffb is little bit too soft in comparison with PCars. But it have a soft lock for cars like F1, I can turn it only 180° with the Ferrari F1 2015 and 900° with street cars. I'm surprise that so many peoples have something wrong with that wheel.

17. Naondave

Naondave Racer

I just got my g29 today and loving it. Stepped up from a dfgt.

I've got project cars, race room and iracing dialed in. Struggling with Corsa though.

18. I feel your pain, compared to other racers, the FFB on A/C just doesn't feel great, the ay the car handles is obviously well known for been great, but wheel ffb for G29 in direct comparison with other games is very poor, it's my main disappointment with the game, from speaking with other users, Logitech G series aren't as optimized as well as other brands.

Could all be rumors and rubbish, but what i do know for sure is how my wheel feels, and detecting slip other than visual is very hard to catch quick enough, very hard to catch most cars unless setup to drift, and the obvious common complaint that the deadzone on g29 is horrible, but to be fair to Kunos, its pretty poor on all games so this is likely a hardware issue with logitec.

19. Hi, Still trying try to get good ffb with g29, anyone with good settings??

20. baboon

baboon Alien

default. Any other than 50% is not linear.

For brake pedal there is a similar slider called gamma. This is more personal preference. Some like linear (0.00) for the brake but it's worth a try to go more progressive.

21. baboon

baboon Alien

Sorry, I think I just realised you meant the speed sensitivity slider. This should be at 0% (which is the default I think) to have it linear.