1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Online leaderboards and personal time table features request.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, May 2, 2017.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi @Lord Kunos, Kunos devs and console community.

First, thanks to kunos for accepting the BM request from the console players community.

I think there's a feature missing that would make the game nearly perfect.

In Assetto corsa PC version we know that there's an mod app called RSR leaderboards.

We also know that mod aren't viable in console.

But would be great to have a online leaderboard and personal time table feature with the combination of car & track we ha in use at that moment.

So we would have our time table with personal record an we can see where we are respect other players on the online leaderboard.

Thanks in advance to everyone of this community that want to support this feature request petition and also thanks in advance to kunos simulazioni for getting this in consideration.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Online competition website with scheduled events, championships, leaderboards Jun 12, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Online Leaderboards not loading Nov 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room are there online leaderboards and/or car setups? Jan 20, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023

3. Yep I agree with the above would be an excellent feature. I do like the weekly challenge on Project Cars something similar would be great.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'd love to see this as well, but as you say the pc version relies on a 3rd party app, so to be honest I can't see it coming. Plus we haven't got the lobbies yet, and we got the button mapping coming as well. I still think the game should record your own personal bests though in game. Then these reset when a new tire version comes out.

@P73, PRO Stream BG and Donnced2 like this.
  5. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

I agree:

-Leaderboards
    -False starts
    -AI improvements
    -2,3 new tracks

and you can start with AC2 ;)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Kembro, Donnced2 and TheRealJuralumin like this.
  6. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

This is a must for sure. Pretty much every racing game has had lap time leaderboards going right back to Pole Position and Hang-On in the 80’s! It’d be great to have some times to actually chase directly, I always have to google other peoples lap times.

I would go one step further and say that we should be able to download other players “ghosts” to chase, but that might be a bit too complex to get working, i’ve only seen a few games implement that feature. Still it’d be really cool.

Kembro, paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If you look at Marco's FB today you will see AI improvements are on the way (not in this update).

8. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I gone a support this request, because many of you supported mine with the BM... But i think this not gone a be happen for Multiplayer i mean, for offline can be set easy , but for MP is possible only if we have MP events officialy by Kunos, otherwise is hard to track individually everyone, due of every race, cars and all this freedom... For this on PC have external apps and sites who do this, but on console what Kunos can do is set a personal track/car stats for practice mode or any other single player mode! But what they can do for MP is to set a valid tracking of time between drivers in the race... The guy who is front of you and the guy who is behind for exemple can be tracked the Time Gap in real time like in Pcars for exemple!
    (also,online leaderbords cant exist due of the constantly chaneging tyre model and game development and changes is a ome of the obstacles) and non sense to every time after change to reset it ..the only way is in Previous set events (rules/cars/track) who run on dedicated server for that specially and incluide a leaderbords.
    (you can see Pcars leaderbords are fixed to special events created by them, for exemple)

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Leandrobatex and Shorti62 like this.
  9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree this must be the next feature to add... but I would have wait to the private lobbies update to be launched to ask for leaderboards.

Today they confirmed BM. Let's be a little bit more patient.

10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I don't ask it for now, just let now the development team of features that the users would like to see in the game in one of the incoming updates.

Assetto Corsa_12.jpg

Kembro and PRO Stream BG like this.
  12. Brainspasm

Brainspasm Gamer

online leaderboards = competition = addiction factor :)
    reach a new pb, beat laptimes of friends, compare laptimes with other drivers ect...

this is a huge factor that give people a reason and pleasure to play this game every day ;)

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Agree. Good thing is that now 2 of the major requested and wanted update are coming ( lobbies and BM later ) leaderboards is the only request Kunos need to worry about then they can soley concentrate on there own ideas. Though I don't think leaderboards are as easy to implement as it sounds and we may possibly not get them.

14. Cercata

Cercata Gamer

It would be nice to make a poll with requested features, so they can see wich ones are the most desired by the community after Lobbies and BM ...

15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Mmm, yes! That is indeed a great idea :)

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

This would be awesome and is something alot of us have been hoping for from the start. Sim racing is heaps of fun just comparing with others rather than wheel to wheel. Great for comparing cars too.

pippo10, paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

This I really would like to see in Assetto Corsa

Leandrobatex, paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  18. Shorti62

Shorti62 Gamer

Agree with any kind of leaderbord,
    Agree with polls..

S.

Donnced2 likes this.
  19. Plus a million on this. Chasing lap times has always been a favorite for me. Racing is fun, but even in the best situations it can be hard to find quality racing. With a proper leaderboard system you can hop on and be racing against the best on demand.

Especially with the rise of Esports. Just today McLaren announced a Esports competition with the single greatest prize ever offered for virtual racers. A one year contract as a simulator driver with the team. This will all be battled out somewhere (game it will use hasn't been announced yet) on leaderboards. Even with nothing more than bragging rights on the line I've seen people attack leaderboards relentlessly. Hell, I've been one of those people.

Want to really set the hotlappers up for a titanic battle? Implement a full leaderboard system by car and track. Then add a team/club feature similar to Forza 1. Where each team members time is averaged with other teammates to form a team ranking. Teams will form and competition will be intense to be the top team.

Hopefully the lobbies will be great and that will be a huge step to regaining a audience on Xbox. Can't speak for PS side. But no lobbies or leaderboards was a HUGE factor in how little excitement AC got at launch.

Leandrobatex, DatNoiseV12 and Kembro like this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If this feature would be added, the example to follow would be Driveclub. Is the best system I know for sure.

In Driveclub you have a section for time challenges alone.

In that section you can try challenges the developer sends to the community, challenges the people sends to the community and personal challenges you send only for your friends (the clubs thing is pointless for Assetto).

Every time you set a record in a track, even it is racing with AI or online, the record is submitted to the public timetable. You can't have that freedom on Assetto because on Driveclub is possible because you can not configure the car in any way (no set up, no driving aids, no nothing). To the publc timetables in AC you would have a section alone with the set up or aids to use.

How RSR manae this stuff?

21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The problem with a system like Driveclubs for kunos is that Evo studios took a year to intergrate it into the UI and was the reason for it's launch delay by a year. Leaderboards is one request i have little faith in seeing, but they are very necessary.

SlimCharles likes this.