1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Opinions - new #beta server testing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kevin.maatman, Nov 3, 2015.

1. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks to everyone who took their time to join and meet us at the BETA server we setup for testing a beta version of the assetto corsa server.

Please, if you joined the server #001 (while we tested today) or the server #BETA, reply below telling us your thoughts and tell us if you experienced any of this situations:

• Cars flying all over the place
    • Cars going up and down , inside the walls / ground
    • Cars lagging incredibly / disappearing
    • "Server unavailable" message on screen
    We look forward to hear from you what the experience has been!

Thanks for everything,

phil, baboon, Tiago Lima and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Opinions on 1.6.5 Jan 27, 2021
    ACC General Discussions opinions about veeery long practice and qualy sessions Jun 9, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about the "Next Level Racing Wheel Stand" Dec 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about new monitor Feb 1, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues B.bias yours settings....yours opinions Jan 15, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Users Whats Opinions So Far Sep 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Sound is still improving? -opinions Aug 30, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Good v's Bad - My Assetto Corsa Opinions after 20 Hours Aug 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Bmw m4 talk - critizism and opinions Jan 9, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Just some opinions about fps... Aug 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Monitor opinions May 5, 2015
    Tracks modding Looking for some help or opinions with making a track Apr 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 6h at silverstone opinions Apr 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Opinions about sim vs. sim physics on different forums. Mar 16, 2015

3. Jester71

Jester71 Racer

All looked fine from my point in the server #BETA. No lagg and the only flying cars were the 2 in front of me crashing into each other :D

kevin.maatman likes this.
  4. Epocx

Epocx Alien

i joined late, but everything was fine.
    except for the 2 guys that rammed me :rolleyes::p

5. TDS

TDS Alien

all went fine for me..
    only at the end of my session player seedfr was with very high ping unstable so he blinked and warped a bit.

Attached Files:

6. Laszlo Gaal

Laszlo Gaal Gamer

I didn't see any problems during the 2 laps I made on the server.
    Usually the game is a bit laggy for me (cars are moving back and forth a little bit) if my ping is over 60 (I'm using mobile 3G networks so I often have high ping). Today, my ping was between 50 and 90, and when it was over 70 the game was still smooth, no lags.
    Hopefully it's a great code update not a placebo. :)

7. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I joined late drove for 2 min, and only got a "server unavailable" message after the server had closed I think, although when I tried to reconnect it was still up, but then I tried to rejoin, then it was gone about 20 second later.

8. kevin.maatman

Hi

Yes this message was cause of Manu shutting down the server and opening it again. All fine, thanks!

9. kevin.maatman

Update:

Servers #001 to #007 also run the beta version now, please play as much as possible there to keep getting logs of what happens

Thanks

Slavc, TDS and Alessandro Greghi like this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Joined Nords Tourist with the GT86 tonight and had fun with some forum members. No problems to report from my end.

11. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Was there, too, had 2 unaviables, but that seemed to be restarts, too, as the session time was reset, too. Worked pretty smooth otherwise, even when driving in close formation.

12. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

I joined #1 and everything was pretty fine. ping was good
    to make an easy compare i could say that with the full server up i had half of my usual fps performance and even less so that is actually the real issue, in the other hand some people still love to ram other drivers in sectors of the track which are not that difficult to handle, so i am asking why?

thanks to the host
    i eager to see what will happens with the next patch series 1.4.x

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Can confirm bumper to bumper racing worked smoothly fine, although I noticed some ping fluidities on my end. Didn't result into warping issues or that kind to my knowlage.

14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

server #001
    Very smooth experience. No warping or floating or phantom cars.
    Mostly, i've look at some situation where in general, seen from outside, AC's multy is in trouble, like car contacts, slide on turns, and jump over curbs.

And it was very "natural", and smooth on the (many and many and many...) contacts and also when some car was sliding.

From the outside instead, craziness over the curbs was always the same.
    But in general, good test for me

15. jarqus

jarqus Racer

Yer was on Srv#1 this morning, only seen one guy warping a bit, but I also had a high ping due to location. Every one else was fine.
    Hit the wall a few times, nothing notable out of the ordinary.
    Only did the one qualy and race, so couldn't really tell if the skipped session bug was fixed.

Was quite good fun

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

It seemed ok, seemed smooth and didn't really see any bizarre goings on. Collisions still seemed strange, I made slight contact with a car in the middle of the T1 Monza chicane (well we rubbed panels) and it felt like id been poleaxed by a freight train.

jarqus likes this.
  17. jarqus

jarqus Racer

yes, and this too.

18. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

server 00.1 everything ok with lag , and i have to say monza at 8:30 purelly amazing!!!! :rolleyes:

baloche likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will give it a go though I usually avoid the servers due to my ping on the other side of the world. But it will be interesting to test how it goes with my higher pings.

Also Kevin if you want anyone else to test new server builds I can load some up on mine and see how they go if you want some more test data.

20. myimac

myimac Alien

Hi Kevin, I was on nords tourist with GT86 with 5 ppl and no problems whatsoever

21. kevin.maatman

Thanks for all your replys, we're happy to see that it works better now.

We'll keep inspecting the logs of our official servers and soon come with a probably "fixed" version

Regards

baloche, Ace Pumpkin and bigbawmcgraw like this.