1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Option to show wheel on dashboard cam.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Milo1990, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Milo1990

Milo1990 Rookie

Love this game apart from one major thing - no option to show steering wheel/hands when using the dashboard cam!

The cockpit view is way too far back, even at lowest (50) FOV, on the console version at least.

Dashboard cam is great but without an option to show the wheel, it's very odd. I can understand people with wheels not wanting a wheel on screen, but without it there's no way to read the mfd on a number of cars, plus I, and I guess a lot of others, would like to be able to see their steering inputs shown on screen. And it would make it look more realistic / Immersive.

Please, please, please add this as an option. Then everybody would be happy! (or enable us to zoom in A LOT more in cockpit view)

ayrtonkee likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Option to turn off the speed showing in Fanatec steering wheels Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Option to show driver's hands and / or wheel Nov 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room My game is not showing some options(like gestures) Nov 3, 2016
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions no option for private lobby's in PS5 ACC Aug 4, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting FATAL ERROR on click gt challange 2022 option in VR Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel works in first level options - but not when about to drive? Oct 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC User Interface Please add Tilt(roll driver's head) with wheel option. Aug 9, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server behind load balancer can't connect to lobby using publicIP option Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Can't scroll PIT MENU options in VR May 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.8.13 can't open options controls Apr 8, 2022
    ACC User Interface Option to disable car mirros but maintain virtual mirror only Mar 13, 2022

3. ayrtonkee

ayrtonkee Rookie

This is one of the 'features' I would really like to see too. I prefer a fixed wheel in dashboard cam so you can read the display/shift lights (or what they are called) without the wheel blocking the view. The dashboard cam in the Lotus Exos for example, doesn't give you a proper shift indicator.

JIJDAN likes this.
  4. In Project Cars when you remove the wheel, you don't see the wheel only in the cars that haven't information display on the wheel too. Instead, in formula cars, for example you see the wheel, but is still to permit to players to read the display information. I tested by myself and drive with a wheel that don't move is very, very, very Ugly.
    At this point I prefer to have nothing, like Assetto. Maybe a better hud is to prefer.