1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generic Overhauled Timing Information

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scuderia Paul, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

One of the areas where I think Assetto Corsa has great room for improvement, and is in real need of it, is an overhauled timing system on console.

The main issue is the HUD info needs to have live timing and not the current set-up of updating each lap. The image below shows my starting position of P13 on the left and my current position of P8. The timing tower is way behind and offers no gap to opponents or updated positions until the start of L2.

I have to say it, but this is handled far better by rival games. The PCars system shows your gap to the cars immediately ahead and behind. This along with time to the leader would be great and would be less obtrusive on the screen.

Also, the timing tower should be able to be displayed along with the tyre info data below. We should not have to choose between them.

Would it be possible to have all HUD elements pushed closer to the edge of the screen. There is too much space gone to waste out there.

PS_Messages_20170601_215307.jpg
    Another little timing issue which really bugs me is that at the end of a race we are unable to see total race time and gap between cars instead we are simply shown the fastest lap for each car. After a race this is pointless on it's own.

Would it be possible to insert an additional column with the requested information?

PS_Messages_20170601_214006.jpg
    @Lord Kunos @AC_CM505
    pippo10, Pip_-72-, HecticZA and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Debouncing timing incorrect Jun 8, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Replay timing - skipped frames Feb 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Replay timing is faster than the driving time! Dec 30, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RSR Live timing, hotlaps not online from one PC Nov 30, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Timing App Oct 16, 2016
    Console Lounge Live timing laps Sep 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room RSR livetiming warning of cut track in pits Sep 9, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Timing at Monza 66 Full Sep 1, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Online timing is wrong / overclock bug is back? Aug 28, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RSR Livetiming Web Aug 10, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wrong dragstrip timings Aug 7, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nordschleife Timing Bugs Jun 19, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Missing Timing and Scoring information Feb 23, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues trento bondone timing bug Feb 21, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Issue with rsr live timing do not log me online Jan 16, 2016

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

How it looks on PC - this might be an indication where it's headed on console as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The leaderboard is semi-static, updating each completed lap. The Realtime app is needed to show current gaps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For practice/qualifying it'll show lap times instead of course. Note that on the PC version on the menu leaderboard/timing there's also no gap to leader/car in front for lap times shown, only total time.
    pippo10 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  4. Scuderia Paul

@Epistolarius Is the Real-time app an official Kunos app or a mod? The Real-time app is just the sort of thing we could do with.

After a race even total time would be fine as we could work out gaps ourselves.

Thanks for posting those images.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Realtime is an official app. Should be noted that it shows the gaps to cars physically in front/behind you, not in terms of positions. But it's the only app that shows gaps in real time.
    Scuderia Paul likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Simracer

Currently the timing system is far too primitive for a SIM. Also reg. not having to choose between the timing tower and tyre app this is one of my gripes. I want the map on without the timing tower as I find it intrusive. I don't use the map for navigation but i use it mostly for Qualifying purposes so I can see any cars ahead that have spun on track or cars coming behind me when I have spun so I can keep out of the way.

I propose an option like which we got eventually in GT5 after many complaints where we could turn on and off each individual app.
    Scuderia Paul likes this.
  7. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Honestly the overhauled timing combined with the realtime app is top-notch.
    Thanks KS.
  8. Scuderia Paul

That's good to hear and hopefully us console users will be pulled from the dark ages to experience it too.