1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Pc vs console bug reporting.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ppbucko, Feb 21, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Just had a look at pc physics bugs/ issues and sounds/issues.

First 2 pages where kunos devs have updated the list on left hand side, bug/issue/working on it etc etc. It's like instant feedback, a quality system.

Now look at console version last updated over 2 weeks ago. There's only 2 bugs with feedback on them on front page.

This game has defiantly got a 2 tier system going on, one where things get fixed and feedback instantly and one that's updated when there's a full moon.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Reporting Console Bugs Feb 3, 2017
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setups: console Vs PC Nov 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console Update 1.8.2.2 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console update 1.8.1 Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022

3. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

yes, both aris and luca (ac support) are always quite active there. and after all these months, i still havent understood who's actually in charge of the console development. the whole situation is confusing.

Reinart86 likes this.
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

There are bugs reported today on pc side, fixed already.
    I know we have to wait because the way consoles are patched/updated. But it wouldn't stop a Dev putting fixed next update by the side of bugs in console lounge. There's loads of new bugs from over a week ago still haven't got reported by them. I've put 2 bugs on list from update 1.12 the day it came out. Also reported them on new form submission. Then nothing.

MBK72 and DatNoiseV12 like this.
  5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

true. when you have devs and admins patrolling the pc bug threads, they're checked immediately ("fixed", "working on it" etc. )
    What about console glitches ? people reported them on the forums since day one. Then to 505. Then in the new bug section and now to kunos through a new submission form. all of this because devs don't want to deal with them directly, here, on their own forums, for *insert reason here*

Ps: i never saw anyone complaining about approval times on consoles. everyone knows and understands that. Before someone misunderstands, this is a different matter.

ppbucko likes this.
  6. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey! We have a dedicated support team that look after the console edition of Assetto Corsa. Just to be clear...

Bug Reports Forum
    We've opened a new area of our forums for our players to tell us about bugs, in an organised fashion. While we cannot offer one-on-one support on the console forums, the teams at Kunos and 505 Games can oversee issues that get submitted and step in where needs be.
    If you wish to submit a bug directly to Kunos, you now can, using our bug submission form below. Whilst you won't get a reply directly from the team, this method will ensure that your bug is seen by Kunos...

BUG SUBMISSION FORM - https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form18/index.html

Console Customer Support
    Just as a little reminder, should you wish to speak to speak to someone directly regarding any issues you're having with the console edition of Assetto Corsa, please reach out to our dedicated Customer Support team. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support to everyone within the console forum itself. We understand it's a little confusing given that the PC forum is used as a support forum but for the console edition of AC, we have a Customer Support team that can investigate any issues you may be experiencing >https://support.505games.com/support/signup

Hope this helps!

7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Guess ppbucko is aware of both feedback systems, since he mentions them in his posts:
    ..and compares them to how things are handled on the PC side.

8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for replying, I know how the system works I've used it many times. The system is great on the pc side, excellent, couldn't be any better for devs to have this much contact with users, its a credit to you. I've just had a look at another post on pc side posted 18 mins ago, already answered no issue.
    Then we move onto console side of things, we have 3 methods of reporting things, direct 505 ticket, bug form of here and direct post in forum bugs. Then there's very little updating going on with us console users.
    What I'm saying is pc and console users bought the game we buy dlc so were equal in that department, so why are we not of equal when it comes to dev feedback on problems with game.

example xbox save issue, yes it looks like its fixed now after 6 months but the other 2 options on same page delete setup and overwrite a setup are still broken, its been reported on day 1 of release of 1.12 so why hasn't that got reported by it or working on it as its a pretty important part of a sim game.

@P73, Athix01 and MBK72 like this.
  9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

i dont think we'll ever get an answer. other people tried to get one but it was the same as above 'this is is the system we have in place etc. etc. '

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Aristotelis helps out with physics bugs and issues. AC support helps out with issues that are related to not being able to start the game and so on. Pankykapus helps out when there is something wrong with the models ingame. I dont think any of these guys got anything to do with the console version, they just make it for pc and let others port it over. Its good to get feedback from devs but its not much different to the bug section where you got reported-tag etc. Yes, all things you have made threads about is not reported, but all threads about physics, ingame issues and models arent answered neither.

11. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

AC Support showed up once in the console bugs' section, saying reverb sounds were deactivated for compatibility reasons. And according to another user, he looked/is looking into one specific sound issue on PS4. So at least Luca can take care of the console versions. And as ppbucko was saying, PC threads are seen immediately and their status consequently updated. On console side? Only a few threads have a "REPORTED" tag and we never heard any update on those issues since the threads were opened. Now we even have a new way to make sure that "that your bug is seen by Kunos". Let's wait and see if these glitches are going to be finally fixed by the next update.

MBK72 likes this.
  12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the insight of how the pc side works, it's a quality system, probably the best one I've ever seen on a game, it's updated so fast, no issue, bug, fix, working on it. Everyone on pc side knows exactly what's what.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, i rather have it as on PC than getting the system you have on console if i got to choose. I dont know how many that are working on the console version exactly but could probably be good to have them dropping by every now and then. Happy customers are paying customers.

ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  14. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

• FALSE ASSUMPTIONS - HARASSMENT
    Exactly, the speed of response to PC issues built a lot of trust and a good reputation for KS. The lack of response on console, the multi-layer bug reporting system and the generic PR type answers on console do the reverse and create frustration. Both the console game and the customer support offer a very different experience of AC. All the passion and pride the team have for the PC version is missing in their approach to the console game. When the Lord admits he has little to do with the console version I'm not surprised that his team also lack motivation.

15. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

You are already used to forum rules, I think it's better to act with a different attitude than your latest posts and, in this case, stop making false assumptions. No more warnings.

16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

A member of the Dev team, could I please ask if on Xbox the setup save system, delete saves, overwrite saves will be fixed in next update. You fixed the main problem but broke the other 2 bits.
    Also could you please find out if tx wheel base is working as is planned. It used to stop on 900 dor for all cars and worked good, after 1.12 it is now changing dor on base unit to suit cars. This affects the ffb.
    Thanks

MBK72 likes this.
  17. AC Support

I'll forward your report to the devs that are working on console version, thanks.

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thank you. Is it two completely different teams who work on the game. Do the devs who work on pc side also work on console.

19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Understood, I will raise a more formal complaint about the ongoing problems with the console version through the official channels. After 6 months of limited fixes and with a range of major differences between the PC and console versions my opinion is based on what I have experienced and the Lord's own words about his level of involvement rather than an assumption. I have all 3 versions of the game, since 2014 on PC, and all the DLC so could be seen as loyal customer extremely frustrated by the lack of progress and seeming unwillingness to listen and react to feedback. As discussed in this thread there is a clear behaviour difference between the way the PC game is constantly improved and the way the console version is still missing basic features yet the flow of paid DLC continues. These include features promised eg "fully customisable single & multiplayer..." in the marketing materials and on the box after 6 months the goodwill is gone, soon isn't enough of an answer when we are given no idea what might or might not be included in the updates. If your team has the same enthusiasm for the console version it would be good to see some of that communicated to your customers in the same way there is a constant stream of information about the PC version.

Athix01, rev happy and ppbucko like this.
  20. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi,
    I have only a curiosity, I would like to know the reasons (from the official channels, if it's possible) for these improvements upgrades differences between pc and console version.
    That's all.
    Best regards
    Fabio

21. AC Support

Console submissions require very long time (usually 3-4 weeks). On PC, we could push updates whenever we want.

Reinart86 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.