1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Penalty system in mp 1.1

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Zacks, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Zacks

Zacks Gamer

How those penalty systems should work in MP?

Finally we get information for how penalties work in current build. Lets keep this thread clean and discuss only penalty systems. Under is Aristotelis answer and my orginal start message.

Seems that at first time you cut corner in Nordchleife endurance track you get warning slow down but only if you cut corner in Nürburgring side of track. But you get warning just one time and that's it??

If you cut corner Nordchleife side of track you will not get any, not even first warning. That if you slip out of track and you don't notice it in heat of race and then your lap was invalid it's quite bad. (That will be fine if you get some kind warning)

I just drive first lap in three times before I get lap count 2/2.. One try I did use esc and back to pits so that could be case also for lap lost. But other race my friend did lost lap without using back to pit method.

Test and try seems only method for us at a moment??
    I didn't have time test other tracks, but it could be nice get little more information out of how Penalty system should work.

Dont get me wrong this is much much better than old penalty system, but we need some info how to work with it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Make more punishing penalty system Jan 31, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Is Penalty System fixed? Sep 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What about this penalty system for cut May 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Penalty System Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Penalty system breakdown Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SUGGESTION! Automated safety rating penalty appeal system Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [V1.0.1] Track Cutting Penalty System (Silverstone) Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [V1.0] Track Cutting Penalty System (Barcelona) May 30, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [0.7.2] Penalty System - Pit Exit May 15, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [0.7.2] Penalty System - DQ for not Driving Backwards (Misano) May 13, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [0.7.2] Track Cutting Penalty System (Paul Ricard) May 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Paul Richard penalty system Apr 7, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Frustrated with the penalty system Apr 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room penalty system Aug 7, 2017
    Console Lounge Penalty system is retarded May 23, 2017

3. Hello,

can somebody please explain me how the white/black-flagged "Penalty, slow down" works? I slowed down below 50 kph and I was still penalized & and finally black flagged at the finish line. I'm too stupid to understand what to do...

Zacks and Albert McSaltens like this.
  4. same here unless an explanation on how works, i find it unusable,, just cut a chicane by accident you get a slow down message i drive at 40kmh and never get the slow down message to dissapear then flag flaged as you cross the line, even tried to go to pitlane and flag flaged

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

i think they have laid the framework, different penalty severity based on which surface you went onto, definied in surfaces.imi theres a new param black flag time or something, but i assume its not complete yet

6. that was there since first version

7. Seems like one has to go below 30 kph. Pretty mad. Should be switched to higher speed and a timed ansatz.

8. i've find out that when you have cut and get the "penalty, slow down" you would need to slow to around 30 Km/h within the course of the lap. if you try to finish the lap with the Penalty, Slow Down Sign, you get Disqualified, and brought back to boxes and you can't do anything but exit the race, offline at least.
    so, don't obey the penalty within the same lap, you get discualified, but i haven't find out if it counts how many penalties you do or sth like that.
    Also as ears1991 said, you don't get the same penalty type as before, it's a different system, but in Imola you can cut through the sand on some chicanes without getting the penalty.

9. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

There really is no place on the tourist loop anyone could cut to save time, except maybe one spot... It's too narrow with never more than 3 meters from track edge to Armco... And any mistake costs time...

sherpa25 likes this.
  10. shaider_516

shaider_516 Gamer

they should change it to drive through pits penalty. if you received penalty on the first corner and drive 30kph for the the rest of the track, its better to have your race disqualified.

McStinger likes this.
  11. Not Really i stopped in the middle of the track to get rid of the penalty and i still got black flaged

12. Zacks

Zacks Gamer

There seems also have difference if you cut corner in qualify or race. In qualify you just got invalid lap instantly, but race you need slow down. I like this change, but better warnings needed.

Is anyone find any information from Kunos how these should work??

13. Alanra

Alanra Gamer

Seems there is a bug in returning to pits in practice or qualifying once received lap invalidated. The next lap out of the pits is not counted and first proper lap becomes a massive out lap, only 3rd lap out starts the timer a fresh.

14. i've tried offline quick race and had no problems slowing down and removing the penalty. some info from the devs would be nice though

Zacks likes this.
  15. there are parts on monza where time penalty is 20 seconds!!!!

look at surfaces ini inside monza

16. that doesn't make any sense Albert, to serve the penalty you need to slow down, before you finish the lap. do some tests offline, and feel free to report and share your experience :)

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

I dont think its seconds but just severity, probably goes into an equation with your speed and time spent on that surface to decide what penalty to give you. would be a good way of doing it at least, and will need some fine tuning im sure

18. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Rookie

Im read on forums all day and see lots of problems.
    Tested last night some cars on some track. Try alfa 155 on Nords, and see after one lap did not spend fuel.
    I was have two freezing.
    Good filling with F458 GT2 is not the same.

briefly...
    I was very happy day before, and I could not wait ver 1.1.
    this ver 1.1. is marketing trick. why? Project Cars will soon come out, and AC try to collect larger piece of the pie. just money money money!!!
    on whose damage? our!
    now we must again wait lots of upgrades, how this game to become good sim without mistake.
    SHAME!

Albert McSaltens likes this.
  19. I can confirm this.

@Sanio Alfa

Might be the case, but concerning everything: stability, number of bugs etc. etc., AC is on a WHOLE different level compared to PCars and the latest delay tells me I am right. Anyway I think this is not the right place for the discussion.

20. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ok so the penalty system:

You get various penalties from different spots. Those can be specified by the track maker and even altered by modders or league admins in the surfaces.ini file. The server will make sure that server and clients have the same surfaces.ini

When you get a penalty, you are supposed to raise your foot from the gas pedal for X seconds (time depending on the place you got the penalty) or go under 35km/h. You can do whatever you like, whenever you like, BEFORE you finish your lap.

If you get a penalty and then you get a second penalty, then you can't go under 35km/h any more. You have to raise your foot from the gas pedal for the sum of the penalties. Again you must do so before you cross the start/finish line in the same lap you got the penalty

If you don't do the penalty and you start another lap, then you are disqualified.

Penalties work like that in race mode. They do not work in practice, time attack, hotlap, qualifying. When you get a penalty in such situations the laptime simply won't count.

Can the OP edit his first message and quote me? It would help people and won't need me creating a new thread. Thanks

PAKFA, Thomas Cameron, tabis and 14 others like this.
  21. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you very much for the clarification. This sounds interesting so far, I'm confident this will be good for the most servers to enable penalties again.
    Will try to examine the following when I'm home. Maybe somebody already knows:

On-line? So the server defines the clients surfaces.ini automatically per join? Or do we need to change the client's one manually?

Is there any distinction between bumped-out, accidential and intentional cut? (Yes I know how difficult and squishy that is).

So I could cut monza t1 and get rid of the penalty in the next chicane by breaking to 34km/h?
    If so, could we get an info broadcast if somebody gets the same penalty (by place) twice or more in a session? This way we could kick/votekick the remaining exploiters.

Clever.