1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit menu by Kunos - how to customize

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by V8_KB, Mar 24, 2017.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Most of the options are self explanatory but since there are many questions about the app being asked and answered all over the forum in various threads, I thought it would be nice to get a separate thread for that.

First things first. Where to find it?
    Search for "pitstop.ini" file in:
    Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg

Remember to make a backup of the original file before changing it
    You don't have to do it if you are using JSGME for mods. If you'd like to use JSGME, but don't know how, check out this thread:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-install-mods-guide-using-jsgme.13828/

OK let's start, there are spoilers with screenshots under some of the options.

Here's how all the values look by default:
    Code:
    [SETTINGS]

USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
    VISIBILITY_MAX_TIME=5
    ITEM_FONT_SCALE=1
    STAY_IN_CAR=0
    AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=1

PRESETS_COUNT=3
    SIZE_MULT=1.2
    FONT_IS_BOLD=0

HEADER_FONT=9
    HEADER_HEIGHT=16

OBJECT_POS_X=80
    OBJECT_POS_Y=0
    FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=1
    FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
    ITEM_HEIGHT=20
    ITEM_TITLE_WIDTH=130
    ITEM_VALUE_WIDTH=80

ITEM_FOREGROUND_HEADER=0,0,0,1
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_HEADER=1,1,1,1

ITEM_FOREGROUND_UNSELECTED=1,1,1,1
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_UNSELECTED=0,0,0,0.5
    ITEM_FOREGROUND_SELECTED=1,1,1,1
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_SELECTED=0.74,0,0,1
    Now what does the each one do.
    Code:
    USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
    "=0" means that the app is active and you can control it with D-Pad and keyboard arrows.
    "=1" turns off the app. D-Pad and keyboard arrows won't make the pit menu appear. You have to use mouse when stopping in the pit, just like before the 1.13 update.

Code:
    VISIBILITY_MAX_TIME=5
    Controls for how long (in seconds) the app will be visible after your latest input.

Code:
    ITEM_FONT_SCALE=1
    It seems like it doesn't do anything. I guess it should change the font size of everything outside of headers.

Code:
    STAY_IN_CAR=0
    I believe it (should) controls the camera.
    "=0" will change the cam to the outside view during the pitstop.
    "=1" cam will stay in cockpit.
    At the moment it stays in the cockpit in both variants, but pitcrew is on holidays since the 1.13 update, so maybe it's related somehow.

Code:
    AUTO_APP_ON_PITLANE=1
    Set to "1" turns the app on for the whole time you are in the pitlane.
    Set to "0" leaves the app hidden while driving in the pitlane

Code:
    PRESETS_COUNT=3
    You can add or lower the number of presets by changing that value.

Code:
    SIZE_MULT=1.2
    If you feel like the app is too small/too big, play with that number. You can change it below ="1.0"

Code:
    FONT_IS_BOLD=0
    "=0"
    "=1"

Code:
    HEADER_FONT=9
    Changes the font size of the text in headers.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    HEADER_HEIGHT=16
    Changes the header height.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    OBJECT_POS_X=80
    Controls the position of the app on the X axis (horizontal).

Code:
    OBJECT_POS_Y=0
    Controls the position of the app on the Y axis (vertical).

Code:
    FORM_ALIGNMENT_V=1
    "=1" - vertical movement of the app is disabled. It's fixed at the centre of the axis.
    "=2" - vertical movement of the app is enabled.

Code:
    FORM_ALIGNMENT_H=2
    "=1" - horizontal movement of the app is disabled. It's fixed at the centre of the axis.
    "=2" - horizontal movement of the app is enabled.

Code:
    ITEM_HEIGHT=20
    Changes the pit menu height.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_TITLE_WIDTH=130
    Changes the title width - left side.
    [​IMG]
    Code:
    ITEM_VALUE_WIDTH=80
    Changes the value width - right side.
    [​IMG]

Now colours.
    It's in RGBA - Red, Green, Blue, Alpha. You can use decimal numbers from the range of 0-1. Alpha controls the transparency.
    I'll stop with descriptions now, since they would be pretty much the same as what you see in the code. ;)
    Just look at the screens and you will know what has changed.

Code:
    ITEM_FOREGROUND_HEADER=0,0,0,1
    "=1,0,0,1" on my screen.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_HEADER=1,1,1,1
    "=0,1,0,1" on my screen.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_FOREGROUND_UNSELECTED=1,1,1,1
    "=0,1,0,1" on my screen.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_UNSELECTED=0,0,0,0.5
    "=0,0,1,1" on my screen. You can see here how Alpha controls the transparency that is at 0.5 by default and at 1 in my screen.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_FOREGROUND_SELECTED=1,1,1,1
    "=1,1,0,1" on my screen.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    ITEM_BACKGROUND_SELECTED=0.74,0,0,1
    "=1,0.5,0,1" on my screen.

[​IMG]

Hope it helps someone. If you see something wrong, please tell me and I'll edit this post.
    Tagging @6S.Manu to get some feedback if I got it right from the man himself, but also to say thanks for the awesome app. :)

2. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Amazing! Great job @V8_KB :cool:

mms and LeDude83 like this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Thanks.
    What about these two?

4. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

It does nothing. Was used during the development, but then I changed my mind.

mms and V8_KB like this.
  5. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Sweet! Thanks!

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Cheers for the in depth explanation. Nice one :cool: I'm not sure why Kunos did not place this on the app bar & also allow screen positioning movement via drop & drag like all there other apps.. Anyway its a great app :)

7. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

@6S.Manu Compliments for the design of the pit app. Very clean, customizable, easy to understand and use. I would be very happy if all other Kunos apps would follow this design, but I guess that's a lot to wish for.

Pascal Martin, Schnipp, mms and 2 others like this.
  8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Nice one mate :)

This should be stickied before it is lost amongst all the other threads!

V8_KB, Ace Pumpkin and WallyM like this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Lots more comments in the ini file wouldn't go astray, and save everyone a lot of time scratching their heads and searching forums for answers.

Fat-Alfie and surtic86 like this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

Wondering about this too.

Thanks for exaplaining the ini options, nonetheless.

surtic86 likes this.
  11. amazing example, now please continue with the rest of the apps :) chat app? j/k though it'd nice

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Cool. Actually I was hoping it would be movable app like Tyres, but this fixes my issue (which is, that on triple screen it's on far right, instead of center screen)

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Leonardo Ratafia and Berniyh like this.
  14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Version 1.13.1. With STAY_IN_CAR=0 my view stays in car during pit stop and I can see pit crew guys changing the tires. This is exactly how I would like it to be, please don't change anything :D

15. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I also wonder if it is possible to configure the position of the work progress bars during a pit stop. On triples they are too far right, and I'd rather move the to the center screen right top corner if that can be done

16. The Punisher

The Punisher Rookie

...thx so much V8_KB for your work....thank you Mate :);)

17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Is there a way to make pitstop app pop up before going into pit lane?

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just press KB arrows or D-Pad and it shows up.

19. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

As it stands now, we can only add fuel to what is already in the tank ? No fill up option up to what is in the textbox??

20. I have a DIY wheel based on T500 PCB and have left gear paddle asigned to D-pad. Is there an option to just disable D-pad to pit menu and leave arrows or change these key assignments?