1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Please bring AC to PSVR!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AJ_Salas, Mar 7, 2017.

1. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

Im starting this thread to see if there are any other people who want this. I love AC physics but have stopped playing to play Dirt VR. The graphics work fine and PS4 is powerful enough to render other cars on the track in rally cross. Once you go VR you don't go back.

Please!!!!!!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whatever i choose it brings me only Lotus Elise and the Magione circuit. Please help! Dec 22, 2020
    Console Lounge Can you bring Blackwood track to PS4 please Jun 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Please bring full race replays to console (and other missing features from PC) Jan 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & v1.10 (please bring the same experience to the consoles) Nov 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Petition: Bring back or add old controller algorithm, please ! Oct 31, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Race does not start when clicked start and brings me back to main menu! please help Nov 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Please bring this car to ac and i will forgive you for not having the pontiac stinger ! Jan 8, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 fatal crash PLEASE help if you can Apr 4, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Someone please help!! Jul 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer - An Error Occurred. Please Try Again Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds game crashing please help Jul 6, 2023

3. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

There are already threads about this...

AJ_Salas likes this.
  4. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

I know - haven't seen any from 2017(unless I totally missed them) Want the folks at AC to see that we haven't forgotten. Thanks for reply

paul_wev likes this.
  5. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

I think it's still on the first Page. But yeah i agree VR would be great. I'm having heaps of fun playing DiRT rally VR!

AJ_Salas and paul_wev like this.
  6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Marco Massarutto already said that the PSVR doesnt achieve the minimum standards they want in VR.

(go to min 11.)

BTW.... Dirt Rally in VR is quite trimmed on PSVR, in rally you have only your car on track... And it's half rendered.
    You don't see the dirt trail in the mirrors also..
    And Rally cross... Yes...6 cars on track, but those cars have simplified physics.

Assetto Corsa on PS4 standard doesn't achieve the minimum solid 60 fps,it's already graphically trimmed.

Project C.A.R.S doesn't receive compatibility also,and for Project C.A.R.S 2 the said that they don't promise nothing, but for the moment it doesn't achieve the minimum standards also and don't want to promise it and having to cancel it like the famous wii version of the first game.

Even a big studio as polyphony digital with GT Sport will only feature a VR tour mode with some cars and tracks and a showroom, but not the full game either.

So,PSVR is quite more limited that what lot of people think.

For VR the best is an oculus rift cv1 and a good PC....There you have compatibility (and free) for Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, raceroom, iracing, Project C.A.R.S and already confirmed project C.A.R.S 2...

bradleyland and AJ_Salas like this.
  7. ollo

ollo Rookie

Yeah! Dump down the graphics and make it happen! After more than 30 years of gaming history I say it is very difficult to go back after a VR experience. I tried, especially with AC, but did not work. I play Driveclub instead, despite they are not to compare. Still miss the AC physics.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  8. ollo

ollo Rookie

But the biggest problem I think ,is that Kunos studio is a small team.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I'm also finding it difficult to go back to the Tv screen after vr, but I love ac physics so much. I don't know anything about computers, and I've allready spent so much on psvr, ps pro, wheel, omega seat/rig. My wife will kill me when I want a pc as well. We just can't afford it? I'm feeling like a spoiled little kid who can't have the toy he wants, when I've already got lots of other toys to play with. I WANT THAT ONE AS WELL!!!! Lol

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

10. murfo

murfo Hardcore Simmer

So do you play AC in cinematic mode on the PSVR? If so, whats it like?

Sent from my Xperia Z5 using Tapatalk

Sohail_16 likes this.
  11. ollo

ollo Rookie

It is ok of course, but far from a complete experience.

12. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Agreed. I'm sure physics calculations are already quite demanding for the hardware. It's not all about graphics.
    Anyway, I could have seen them adding a bit of VR functionality if showrooms were available on consoles.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  13. I'm in the same situation Pal.it would just be too selfish of me

14. ollo

ollo Rookie

We are exaclty in the same shoes. Thats my main dilemma too. Just dont really want to invest that much only for AC, cause now that's the only game missing.
    It would be nice to know how big effort would it be for Kunos to realize it theoretically, to see if there is any slight chance or we have to let it go surely.

15. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

I'd rather have a trimmed version of AC where I can snap my eyes to the rear view mirrors and look toward the Apex with half the car not rendered than 2d flat screen any day. They need to at least put a sample out there to see how it does. I'm going to look into starting a petition or something ...

paul_wev likes this.
  16. ollo

ollo Rookie

As I said the question is, how many people with how many working hours can realize it. It has a total cost. The next question is, how much income can they calculate with. Does it worth or no. As much as I know Kunos is a small team with 30 People.
    A have read some articles about other titles where developers often complain, that making a VR version of a given game is almost as big of an effort as creating it from zero. If this is really the case, I am afraid we just can forget about it.

AJ_Salas likes this.
  17. ollo

ollo Rookie

Anyway I thought the physics are rather calculated by the processor instead of the graphic card, which means for me, VR has not much to do with the processor, but the videocard.

18. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

You make a good point. So maybe if they have enough sales we can expect a PS4 pro Assetto sequel with a VR mode. Lol honestly at this point I'd be happy with Nordschlief in a 911 VR. Kunos! I'll give you $$ for one race track and one car in VR haha take my money damn it!

paul_wev and Reinart86 like this.
  19. ollo

ollo Rookie

The problem with ps4 pro is, that games have to be compatible with og ps4 too.
    It would be good to know, how many copies of AC PS4 was sold, then check how many copies of Dirt and how many have bought Dirt VR. With these infos it would be possible to see if it worth. The one thing we know, that there are about a million people bought PSVR. But how many of them would be ready to pay for AC VR? My guess is probably less then 10%, but who knows?

Mattbeastblood and paul_wev like this.
  20. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, Dirt Rally in VR Mode is rather awesome. Haven't even got started with the career mode, but sampling a few Monaco and Sweden courses was a thrillingly bizarre experience! Goes over my head how people race these perilous routes for a living and, seemingly, with grace and ease.

Anyway, even that won't ever overcome my obsessions with Porsches and the Nurburging. But yup, if AC gets a proper VR Mode (on console) it's game over for everything else!

21. AJ_Salas

AJ_Salas Rookie

Well said. Let's wait and see. He mentions draw distance being poor and motion sickness. Neither of which I have experienced in dirt. If you're not going to bring rain, then bring the VR! No night mode? VR. I get it's a small company, but these excuses sound pretty bad. Smh