1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016 Setup

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Apr 17, 2017.

1. The reason I want to make this thread is because I see a lot of suggestions for what to do with this car, and most of them seem to have the same concept and direction, which is to soften the dampers, and raise the ride height. The thing is, for me, stiffening the damping helped me much more than softening them. I can understand why most people would soften it. It makes the car much more manageable because of how bouncy it is. When softening it though, it actually becomes slightly more bouncy, but more manageable so a lot of people seem to think that's better.

For me though, I wanted to eliminate the oscillation as much as possible, so I decided to try the other direction, stiffening it. And that's when I sort of had an epiphany moment and the car started coming together for me. So I just wanted to post what I've come up with so far, which helped me a lot. I know it seems like it's too stiff, but it's very drive-able for me and makes the car much better. I think setup has a lot to do with personal preferences and evolves over time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So the main things to take from this would be the damper settings, the spring rate, and ride height. These three things are the things that makes the biggest impact on the car for me. I raised the car a little to prevent it from bottoming out. The "raise the ride height" direction seems to be a good one. As far as the rest of the setting, I'm still testing and tweaking. Gearing, aero and pressures would depend on the track. Also the travel range helped a little too. Again, preference has a lot to do with setup, so this might not be exactly to your taste, but I feel this direction is a good one. I hope this helps because this car has been quite complicated to find a good balance and setup for me, so I hope this makes it easier for anyone else.

Let me know if you use this and how this effected your drive, also any suggestions/comments are welcome as well.

EDIT - Also to clarify, even though I mentioned it before, this is not a final setup. I'm still going to test this out quite a bit and see what else I can do, but for a starting point, I think it's good.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Animation Porsche 911 Gt3 2023 Apr 20, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Porsche 911 Time Attack Jul 31, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Tail lights Porsche - 911 RSR 3.0 May 19, 2022
    ACC Physics Max Fuel in Shared Memory is Wrong for Porsche 911 GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps May 10, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [SimRacing-GP.net] IER Porsche 911 - Sprint Series | Fridays Feb 10, 2022
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ASSETTO CORSA | PORSCHE 911 RSR | CONTROLLER VS STEERING WHEEL May 26, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No force feedback on Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Mar 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Some good setups for Porsche 911 on Silverstone (Race) 3 hours Feb 24, 2021
    ACC Physics all AI Porsche 911 GT3 wobble in the offline race [Logitech G-Hub interfering with AI controller] Jan 10, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Porsche 911 GT3 Cup League? Nov 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 not loading on any track Oct 31, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheels Porsche 911 GT3 R Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche 911 GT3R II cockpit indicators bugged. Jun 18, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche 911 GT3R II - Left - Right indicator in cockpit wrong. Jun 10, 2020

3. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

I tried this setup and it works fine for me ->

SRL D-Vibes, paul_wev and Hammerpgh like this.
  4. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

Very interesting! I actually run my ride height even higher at 83 around the car. It seems to help out a lot with little negative effect. I still run very quick times even though it is much higher.

5. I think the setup for the Nordshleife would be unique from most GP circuits. I tested my setup at Spa and Barcelona, my setup has GP circuits in mind.

Ride height also depends on your spring rate. The harder you run, the lower you can go without bottoming out. This car does require a little extra height though because it was bottoming out at stock height. I personally don't like the feel of a car too high. I personally prefer cars to be as low and as stiff without bottoming out or causing the car to over/understeer.

6. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Pretty similar to what I came up with for this car. Obviously thinking differently on bump and ride height.. You're also running a stiffer front ARB, I found running it a bit lower helps with stability over any curbs a lot, and you still have a very reactive front end if you balance the aero out.

7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Fantastic lap... awesome to watch

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

I tried these settings. And got my times down significantly.
    Problem is they won't save. Is there still a problem with saving settings!!?!

HavanaB0B likes this.
  9. HavanaB0B

Glad the setup worked for you!

I haven't had any issues saving setups, and I have a lot of setups saved now. I know someone that had the same problem and he deleted the game save data on both the console and cloud and this solved the issue for him. If you are on the Xbox this is how you do this, in the games and apps screen highlight Assetto Corsa, press the start button, this should bring up the following options, Pin, Game Hub, Manage game, Quit. Select Manage game, go down to "Saved data" and click the file that has the title of your gamertag and select delete everywhere. This will delete all of your saved data unfortunately, which means FFB settings, sound settings, and any Career, or Special Events you have completed so it is not an ideal solution, but it does fix the setup save problem.

SGT EDUBB and Gulf917K like this.
  10. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Thanks. But I'm on PS4 !:(

11. HavanaB0B

1. In the XrossMedia Bar, go to Settings.
    2. Choose "Application Saved Data Management".
    3. Select "Saved Data in System Storage."
    4. Choose "Delete".
    5. Select the saved data for the game you would like to delete and follow the on-screen prompts.
    I haven't tried this, the PS4 I use from time to time isn't mine. This is what I found on google, might be worth a try.

Gulf917K likes this.
  12. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Great thread this, handy to collect and compare setup tips. Need more of these for individual cars or tracks.

On the PS the part that i find a bit clunky and may be stopping your save is, after you enter the name for the save file and press done, done is not done, you then have to press x on save, or it won't save. No general setup save either, each is for only that track.

Gulf917K likes this.
  13. HavanaB0B

Also worth noting on saving setups, if I don't back out of the game all the way back to the screen with the FXX K before quitting it does not save the setups.

Gulf917K and Kembro like this.
  14. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

That seems to have done the trick!
    Many thanks again. ;)

PS. Still can't get below 2.21 at Spa!!:(

15. Daz730

Daz730 Racer

Great thread below is my video which doesn't have any details of setup ( which i like ) but i am looking for a little help with trying to dial out the rear bounce out which you can see best coming out of chapel corner , any advise would be appreciated ..

16. novcze

novcze Rookie

base setup made on Barcelona GP circuit, PS4 version

Kembro and Daz730 like this.
  17. So I made some tweaks to my original setup. I loosened the the springs up a little, raised the car a little more, and adjusted the dampers slightly. I think it helped more. I think this is a better base. I was also able to switch to softs and get them not to overheat by increasing the pressure.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT -

Oh and I forgot to add, I also adjusted to the rear fast bump a little bit and it felt better initially, going to test it out more. But if anyone's interesting, I have the rear fast bump set to 12 instead of 13.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  18. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

Be careful how far you adjust your tire pressure. Optimum tire pressure for GT3 race cars is 26psi HOT. While it may keep the tires cooler, you could be loosing more grip with higher pressures than you could be loosing with hotter temperatures. The PC guys have all of this data if y'all are interested.

alternatingcurrent and paul_wev like this.
  19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

o_O you where saying o_O

20. Yea that'd be helpful. I personally didn't feel any lack of grip with the tire pressure like this... but some more data would always be welcome.

21. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

Hopefully I don't sound dumb but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this response. o_O

You may not feel it but it is technically there. It's in the ini files in the game, however you can not extract that information on console. I cannot remember exactly where to find it but if you dig around searching for Assetto Corsa tire pressure ini, I'm sure you'll come up with something. I've been meaning to find it again, and once I do, I'll be sure to post where to get it.