1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche gt3 cup Iracing vs AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hany, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't think Aris needs to clarify much. Fuel consumption isn't super accurate for modern race cars in AC, there isn't a whole lot of data on it I suppose. If it's wildly off in AC compared to the real Cup car (that didn't race yet, different engine from last year) it can be corrected but I doubt they have much data for it.

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I especially like the low fuel consumption of the Lambo Countach. That car must have been a hit in the oil-crisis 80s. :D

TDS, Schnipp and William Levesque like this.
  3. We know that flat spots, and the resulting death shake in the wheel, in AC are toned down (which I do not like), is it possible to flat spot the tires realistically in either iracing or AMS?

4. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

I think we are on the realm of amazing when the only things people can pickup apart in 2 different sims are so minor :) Congratulations to both AC Team and iRacing Team !! Good times to be a simracer !!

5. Not in iR, Soon(tm). Guessing when the next tyre update happens, whenever that is. However locking up is still bad in the long run, just not as much obviously. AMS I'm not sure...

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

A bit more pronounced than AC, I'd say. But my current wheel (Fanatec GT3 RS v2) doesn't resolve those details that well anyway.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  7. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry about the fuel consumption error, although I thought I got it right, I admit I was more focused on getting our car and tyres work properly with the absurd amounts of negative camber the real car has. I left the fuel consumption as a last thing to do and it slipped out... I forgot.
    Our car does around 54+Litres/100km, while it seems the other sims do around 82+L/100km. I'll double check the telemetry and make sure to get a correct value.

Kristaps, ALB123, Sean and 37 others like this.
  8. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

AMS has visual and physical flatspotting and it's reasonable present in the ffb even if the flatspot is small.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    TDS likes this.
  9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

10. TDS

TDS Alien

dont say sorry ;-) such and easy fix detail we can wait for it.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I see the prices for virtual fuel going up already due to AC racers stockpiling the stuff. :D

Minolin likes this.
  12. Aristotelis

So, as you all know, we might not have drivers on a pay roll, but we have great collaboration with the car manufacturers and in specific an exclusive collaboration with Porsche for its own simulators. Furthermore, we have many connections in the motorsport world, many professional drivers and teams, trust our work and trust us with their data so that we can simulate their cars as good as possible and they can use our sim to train and practice.
    It's the case of Enrico Fulgenzi that greatly helped with the development and fine tuning of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup tyres and the absurd amount of negative camber that those cars run in real life, as well as in Assetto Corsa (-5°front, over -5°rear!).

For the consumption issue I contacted Sergio Negroni and his team Antonelli Motorsport. Sergio not only runs in Italian Porsche Cup, but also Porsche Supercup and he has participated in... 9 (nine!) 24hours of Nurburgring! He and his race engineer, kindly shared with me their telemetry data directly on the tracks we care.
    Average consumption results:
    - Imola 2.42Litre / Lap
    - Mugello 2.47Litres / Lap
    - Monza 2.9Litres / Lap

As you can see from this telemetry screenshot, the average value is the white highlighted box at the middle right of the image. (disregard the track map at the bottom, it's the default one opened by their engineer). Obviously the consumption varies depending on ambient conditions, driver style, setup and race or qualifying situation, but as the engineer said, those are micro variations, not big enough to completely change setup or strategy.
    [​IMG]

Now obviously this is from the 2016 car. The 2017 car has 15bhp more, but also has direct injection which, if nothing else, should even further lower the consumption and generally is on par with the data we received from Porsche.

I hope that clarifies the matter, hopefully other sims will upgrade their cars too, offering to their users a great Porsche experience.

13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Great post Aris!

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

For the lazy: that means 47-50 l/100km. Which is a bit less than AC currently simulates (54+ according to Aris above) and much less than iRacing (82+ according to Aris above).

15. Then I dont get why they need to pit every ~hour.

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I just looked at the data of some Supercup races of 2016, though they are just about 30 min. races.

On RBR the race was an average of ~153km/h, on Spa ~163km/h.

With 50l/100km that would result in 200km range for the 100l tank (at least 100l in AC) and 1h 15min at 160km/h on average.

But which 911 GT3 Cup series run such long races? I only know the rather short sprint races like the Supercup.

17. Endurance events like Nurb 24, Spa 24, etc.

18. Aristotelis

So it mainly means that at Nurb24 they will pit at around every 8 laps or every hour as William said. Makes sense I think.

xystof, twizzR, TDS and 4 others like this.
  19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

[​IMG]

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

kazereal, xystof, Xtriko and 2 others like this.
  20. vfdesignz

vfdesignz Hardcore Simmer

SHOTS FIRED!!!! :D:D