1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Porsche Pack 1 Comments....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

My first time out for a while tonight, only sampled the delights of the 3.0 RSR so far and if the rest of the pack is anything like this then I'll be back for more. It's going to be hard to let go of the RSR though... and my new wheel arrives tomorrow :cool:

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if the wink indicates you are joking but that really is the reason. Porsche were obsessive in weight reduction. For the roadgoing 2.7 RS the passenger side sun-blind was removed along with the glove box lid and the clock. For sports cars and prototypes they even drilled the ignition keys to lighten them.

3. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Well is green not a specific value like the rest? Aristotelis comments don't seem to match those figures ,'I believe that now 96% is a bit too on the low side. Better something like 98% or 99%. And yes even 1% of difference is important. ' but we do not have that finite control?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Aris is saying they (Kunos) need to change the preset values for Green, Fast, Etc. Not us, the users. While at the same time he is trying to communicate to use Fast, or Optimum at this time, and don't use lower values. They will change all the values in the future.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No direct hint from Aris, but hold on to your pants. Or use "Hosenträger":D:)

Hope the grip level will be matched soon...

6. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I will give it a try with street tires and see what happens. I may have said that it Bored me to death, but like the GT86, that may be why it ends up being a favorite. It's a modern vehicle, too, and certainly feels as such. Same cannot be said about the Cayman GT4, that thing has more feel then nerves.

@Lord Kunos I KNEW IT!!!!!! I knew I was getting brake fade. I lost braking power on Nords a few times with the RSR, and felt the brakes kinda...going hard and soft on full pressure. That was....probably the coolest feeling ever. Also, cold brakes are genuinely uncomfortable in this game. In the 917, you can tell when the brakes are warming up based on how SUDDENLY the tires start to lock, mid braking zone. Felt that on Barcelona online last night....and then 5 laps later, it felt like I couldn't get my braking zones down anymore and had to use a little front lockup just to stop the fading, otherwise, each corner was getting worse and worse. It definitely felt very "70's".

Also, I saw many were talking about the 918 being a little slow, and stuff. Was on Magione with the LaFerrari, against a P1 driver and 918. All 3 of us were neck and neck, with the 918 slightly falling short. I managed fastest out of the 3 (we did like 20 laps), however the P1 kept creeping ahead, until I put a fast lap out. The 918 trailing behind, with each corner exit catching up. LaFerrari's braking power and turn in was actually it's biggest strength, and the P1 pulling on any straight. These cars are truly a trinity to behold, with equal strengths and weaknesses. Give it more practice to put a proper lap into them. Consistent times, EVERY time.

Hearing the Ferrari's exhaust note echo off the walls at pit lane was probably the most amazing thing I've heard in this game. The 918 got ahead of me for a bit, and hearing the crazy burble of that just in front was breathtaking, and the 918 made a mistake because he heard the scream of me behind him lol. Such an amazing job on the sound changes. I mean really. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

So there's talk of brake fade, but is anybody experiencing general longer travel brake motion? A bit of talk about it in the sound thread, but I really did notice this with the Cayman GT4. I felt like I needed to use a larger range of modulation than usual in AC.

8. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Yes. In fact, you'll find some of the older cars will brake with less precision as the warm and fade. Hard to explain. Say you're braking at 80% force, you'll feel the brakes changing in their own force, even if you haven't modulated your brake pedal.

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True, I often think why so some of these ridiculously expensive cars that look amazing outside (and not race cars) have so hideous looking dashboards and cockpit. Good examples LaFerrari (the steering wheel is fugly) and Zonda (terrible looking). 918 Spyder cockpit has very nice look to it.

10. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Wait that's an in gameshot?!? HolyPoppingSnotBatman

11. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Yeah the cars look pretty fabulous, it's even more fun when you run into the back of one though.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Yea its a car I need another go in, my lap in that I just got it around with huge chunks of time to get out of it. Its a fun car for sure but I was a long way from pushing it or even feeling much in control. It was funny some others were saying the 917 was not turning while in the server. I drove that after Moby and found it considerably more compliant.

First go in Moby I killed the gearbox trying to stick it into 5th. :D

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

@Aristotelis
    That sounds nice if you're going to update the track grip presets. Also when in race with many cars the green and slow presets seem to reach 100% grip in 5 and under 10 laps, specially if the new starting lows will be 97-98, it will go to 100 really fast.
    Ps. Don't forget to update the presets in AcServerManager when the presets update is done for single player.

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

yep I just did that using a controller as not home where the rig is but its better than keyboard. So looking forward to sitting and driving properly tmrw :)

15. Wait, did I miss something? I saw where Aris said that optimum isn't quite as OP as it used to be, and that overall grip is a bit lower now, but where did he say that they are redoing the track grip settings?

Dookie likes this.
  16. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Driving the 911( the modern one) fast involves putting a lot of faith in the car, even when it feelss like it's stepping out you can fix it by counter steering slightly and flooring(even without TC), something that would throw a 458 in the wall, but i guess the crazy systems like it.

The Cayman is a more natural car imo.

ZethGAF likes this.
  17. deci

deci Simracer

won't repeat all the praise, fully agree with it, great pack, much appreciated.

but who's idea was the porsche logo and badge... white square with tiny logo? i want my money back! ha. just kidding.. someone already fixed it with a mod on RD... :)

eXo, Ace Pumpkin, mantasisg 2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Yeah that was a bit crappy, I was shocked to see that, I'll check out the mod.

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Porsche's idea. With very precise instructions too...

Sent from inside a differential.

aphidgod, LukeGwon, Glaurung and 10 others like this.
  20. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Brand rulebooks. Can't argue with them!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016