1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Post your Wheel Force Feedback settings for console.

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Disease26, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Dawgpaws11

Dawgpaws11 Racer

Hey Gato,
    thanks for posting the updates.

right now i am sitting on FFB 32% and Kerb 8%... everything else 0 and off. Feels awesome. Maybe i will try to going down a bit but felt that i lost dynamic range when broke 30%.

also thanks for sending friend request on PSN.. Enough talk, time to take it to the track.. haha.. hit me with a game alert whenever you are on and i will do the same

GatoSelvagem likes this.
  2. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

After going up and down and different tracks pushing things.. (mainly high down force cars on the high speed turns at Spa) I ended up enjoying the following.
    FFB 35%
    Curb 20%
    Road 0%
    Slip 0%
    Understeer = off

3. GatoSelvagem

GatoSelvagem Guest

Ended up bumping the FFB back up to 30%.
    Now just need to figure out how to adjust/turn off TC & ABS when online...
    ....never use it offline, online good to have on for qual & first couple of race laps till tires warm up.

4. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

TC is adjusted on the D-Pad .. I think by pressing left. (I adjust it on the GT3 cars)

As for ABS I am pretty sure you can't turn it off while driving, you can only adjust the brake bias.

5. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I believe you are the same person as on PCars forum and have always appreciated your input along with others on FFB. I have rather different settings and as such am going to give these a try. May I ask why you would choose to have Road and Slip to 0%, are you not loosing something here?? Apologies for my ignorance.

6. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Yup - same person. - Edit - Also I am really happy with AC FFB system over pCARS. Due to my nature having only these few settings I am doing a lot more driving and racing instead of trying to tweak a convoluted FFB system to get the right feeling on all cars.

From my understanding Curb, Road, Slip and Understeer are taking existing effects and amplifying them.
    There is a video where a dev explains it.
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/375343/This is how Force Feedback works in Assetto Corsa on PS4/

It is a personal preference - None of it is actually wrong, just as long as you are not overworking your wheel so that it gets hot and goes into safe mode.

I like to feel the curbs more and even if the curbs are flat I like to know I am on them so I have that set to 20%

Road takes the current bumps from the road you would feel through the suspension and makes them stronger through the wheel. In a real car you would feel this more through the seat so it is just a way to add more of this feeling through the wheel if you want it. I found with the laser scanned tracks I get plenty of feeling of where the bumps are without it on.

Slip I did like using at first on the GT3 cars but after a bit more driving with other cars I found I got plenty of feedback if the rear was breaking free with it at 0, and having it turned up it would almost countersteer the wheel for me.

Understeer - even when off, some cars the wheel will go very light when you lock up, some it does not. It seems to be depening on the tire type, weight distribution, and maybe even the steering rack with or without power assisted steering. I just prefer it to be off.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  7. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

Cheers Spitfire77 and pleased you have brought your wisdom across to AC.

Your explanation is very informative and I will definitely try these out tomorrow night. I think I have my settings a little high and certainly have positive figures in road and slip. It will be interesting to see how this compares to my current setting.

Thanks again!!

DrGyproc likes this.
  8. Spacepadrille

Spacepadrille Rookie

It's good to see a real advice on ffb settings, not just numbers. Thanks Spitfire77 !

9. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Someone else posted that video (I forget where) and I just used the information.

What the Developers really need to do is put their explanations in the game in simple wording so it is easy to understand what it does so you can adjust it and get it where you want it. Before I saw that video I was just guessing, and really even with Road at 20-30% slip at 20% and Understeer-On... the FFB still feels good.

10. Spacepadrille

Spacepadrille Rookie

Actually I run 24 to 28% ffb, 20% others, understeer OFF. Fantastic with a lot of cars, too light with some, too strong with the Ferraris....
    After driving a while with low ffb, you can feel a lot of things. Going back to 34% ffb (my previous setting), after the immediate pleasure of a solid wheel, I notice that I miss some corners, going too fast, because of the lack of subtle feeling.

Low ffb is more informative but a little bit less funny.

TheBadBoyRay, Traks1 and Spitfire77 like this.
  11. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

This works well

12. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I agree I have also changed to
    FFB 30-35 depending om car type
    Everything else 0

It feels balanced with a t300 as for other wheels I have no idea.

Normally I run FFB 31%
    Curb 0
    Road 0
    Slip 0
    Understeer off
    H pattern on

Love it.. with the t300 AC FFB is wonderful. No crazy hundreds of FFB settings to spend time tweaking . Just hot lapping and racing

13. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

A lot of great info on this thread! I have been running curb and road much higher and will move these to 10% or less and give this a try today.

14. Spacepadrille

Spacepadrille Rookie

It is always the same story ; we all start playing a new sim with ffb set too high, and we all need weeks to slowly go down. Because it's frustrating to lower the ffb, I mean it's more difficult to go from a high to a low ffb.

For example lets say the right setting (you can feel all subtle things but the wheel is "consistent") is 30. If you start playing with 70, you will need more time do reduce to 30. If you start from 10, I'm sure you go faster to the right value of 30, because it's more easy to feel if it is too much going that way. I will try to think of it for the next sim ;-)

15. Spacepadrille

Spacepadrille Rookie

I'm now running ffb 28, kerbs 10, road 10, else 0.

16. J Favings

J Favings Rookie

This thread has been very informative and of great help.Tank you very much indeed

Traks1 likes this.
  17. J Favings

J Favings Rookie

Because I like to feel the T500 in my hands I turned up the ffb, now running at 38% road 10% and curbs at 25%,the rest zero. Cars with less down force in front, I tend to increase ffb. The TH8 works very well.

18. Leon Mason

Leon Mason Gamer

Having had FFB on 80, I like wheel weight but decided to go with the settings that some of you had published on here. I've reduced the FFB to 35% with kerbs at 20% and everything else to 0% and off. I find it's too light on feedback now with a T300.

Any advice, I'm guessing notching the FFB back up will sort it, but I want to feel the more subtle forces.

19. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Add a dash of road maybe?

20. J Favings

J Favings Rookie

This is very much a personal choice. Take time and play around with ffb, road and curb values until you find what suits you best.

Spitfire77 likes this.