1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Praga R1 most under appreciated car in AC?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Apr 12, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

This car is phenomenal. I've put it around a variety of tracks including Barcelona, Zandvoort, and the Nordschleife, and it's an absolute dream at every one of them.

I'm really amazed that there are no MP servers with this car. Without any LMP2/LMP3 options, this is the a great trainer car for the path to a competent LMP skillset. It has the handling dynamics of an LMP, but no hybrid system to manage, so you can focus on coming to grips with (ha!) the unique characteristics of an ultra-lightweight, high-downforce car.

Can't wait for custom lobbies so I we can run a Praga R1 cup series!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Praga R1 immediatly spins when locking up May 6, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 179 – Praga Seca May 16, 2020
    Screens & Videos Praga R1 Apr 2, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Praga R1 manual clutch May 13, 2017
    Console Lounge MP Server Rotation Request: Add Praga R1 to Elite Trackday at Norschleife Apr 14, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues praga uv mismatch Feb 11, 2017
    Screens & Videos Praga R1@Toscana — Stage-1 — Highlights Jan 28, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Own car (Praga) nearly silent in replays Jan 24, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa | Praga R1 At Silverstone International Dec 31, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Praga R1 - nose cover screw Oct 12, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Praga R1 has no gear whine sound Oct 12, 2016
    Console Lounge Praga Brake bias Oct 6, 2016
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge. The devil wears Praga R1. Oct 3, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Praga R1 | Bridgehampton Race Circuit - 9/9-16 @ 20:00pm - Signup Sep 7, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Praga R1 Annoying Oscillation with G27 Sep 4, 2016

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I agree. The Praga R1 is a terrific little machine and hugely under appreciated. It is great fun everywhere and you can really push it too.

4. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Funny that you opened a thread. I was thinking exactly the same yesterday evening. :)
    I also love the feeling of the Praga - so connected.
    Would be cool to see some servers including this little beast.

bradleyland likes this.
  5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I remember there was a Nurb GP server with the Praga R1 when AC was first released, but the brakes were bugged. Even the slightest touch would lock them up. It was a nightmare. Navigating Mercedes Arena with any kind of pace was impossible. I'm not sure which update fixed this car, but man what a difference!

6. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

It is a lot of fun to drive. There are so many cars in this game that don't get the love they deserve.

7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I love it, only reason i haven't used it lately is because of the tyre graphics glitch and i race same car model with this one.

8. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

I've never driven this car until I saw this thread so I decided to give it a go and it is a very nice car to drive. It reminds me a lot of that closed cockpit KTM that runs in some GT4 races. It still wants to lock up the brakes so I would hate to have driven it before it was "fixed".

bradleyland likes this.
  9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Just took the Praga R1 out for a hotlap and race against the AI on Brands Hatch GP ......goood combo I would say (only the breaks lock a bit easily but no man over board with this little issue) .
    And while we are on it , try the combo Red Bull Ring GP with the Lotus Evora GTC and you don't even have to change almost anything in the default setup great combo good handling good sound and good AI .
    Driving this car let me think a bit of the Ferrari GT2 for one reason or another one , that i leave totally up to you .

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Matt White likes this.