1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Programmer challenge :P Render different view rather than HMD mirror in VR !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GamerMuscle, Feb 27, 2017.

1. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Hardcore Simmer

I know this is not important but it would be VERY cool ! ( so would a slave that makes me tea)

If AC had as an option the ability to render a separate view/cam from the game whilst also doing the standard render for the HMD in VR.

This would allow those of us that stream or do lots of videos in VR to do things like Mixed reality much more simply or to output a view of the game that's stable whilst playing in VR.

Even better if an in game Cam could be positioned / locked to a steam controller with its view output to a window. This should all be in the Open VR API though I'm sure its a pain to do and not exactly simple.

Regardless would be fantastic the filming opportunities this would enable which in turn would obviously lead to millions of additional copies of the game being sold, its not as if HMD's are expensive and VR is still a niche market....

As always without the Pontiac stinger AC will never be a real sim, lots of love Gamer Muscle

kofotsjanne and ZethGAF like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room To Devs - To Kunos - To Programmers Apr 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Programmer Advice? Jan 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    General modding discussion Python Programmer Oct 25, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Looking for ac programmer Oct 30, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Question for programmers: per track weather1.ini load possible? Jan 2, 2015
    General modding discussion MaiDireCamber seeking staff (Programmer) Sep 27, 2013
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2024 GT WORLD CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP! {CMRSC} Dec 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC GT 2023 Challenge installation Problem Aug 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Ferrari Challenge Emaps Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR North America GT3 Challenge & Sprint Series Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Practice glitch on Challenge Cars? Apr 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions IXR, North America Challenge Season 4 Mar 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari Challenge EVO set up Jan 17, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

"which in turn would obviously lead to millions of additional copies of the game being sold"
    with such a deep assessment i guess they have already begin to work on it :)

GamerMuscle likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

haha, millions of copies, good one :)

Anyway, the mirror render has already been updated to run with the monitor refreshrate, for easy capturering. At least I think it was on the AC side, could be GTX driver stuff.

I made my VR video in signature with no extra software for smoothing out the capture, even though ASW was running, limiting to 45fps.
    I tried capturing just a few months ago, and back then it would capture in 45fps, needing postprocess smoothing afterwards.

cheers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    GamerMuscle likes this.
  5. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Firm market analysis, how did you come up with that..?

GamerMuscle likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

He counted himself and took that x1000000. Doesnt need to make it harder than it have to.

GamerMuscle and AmorFati like this.
  7. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

I bought 2 copies of AC, so that I could play on my main PC in VR, and on my laptop my friends had the ability to join the same server and watch my car in any view they wanted, also on the laptop they could capture the screen for videos, which leaves me on my pc to play in vr!

To do this i set up 2 steam accounts obviously.

I gave up the need for this as soon as oculus updated their software so that mirroring to my monitor was working...also buying dlc x 2 was getting expensive lol

But if you have 2 decent PC's then buying 2 x copies of ac allows you to split the tasks )

So you could livestream either your hmd view or use the other pc to livestream any view you wish )

p.s gamer muscle, a slave that makes tea! aint you married? )

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    GamerMuscle likes this.
  8. GamerMuscle

I used the same method lawyer use when they calculate fees !

I have a GF but I make her tea and food in exchange for her putting up with my sim-racing and VR habbit.

9. GamerMuscle

Is this in the game now as part of that VR update , ill have to do a video on it ! I thought I has just overclocked my PC so much that it was not having to use re-projection.

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Tberg and GamerMuscle like this.