1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I knew that gameplay video from yorkie was just a "marketing kit" distributed to youtubers.
    Four channels at least with the same gameplay, including yorkie's video posted above:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Abgefahren789/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gamespot/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/P1GamingOfficial/videos

Even all the "details" yorkie read quickly over the 2min footage was a transcript from SMS, basically a press announcement he read quickly like a pharmaceutical warning on tv.

I was curious to find gameplay videos of pcars2, just like I do with other upcoming or newly released videos, for example the soon gtsport, but all I found was one channel with a different gameplay and pretty much everyone else with the same copy paste material doing some marketing work for SMS, at least in respect to rallycross.

Why do I have to do this, shouldn't PRC cover these marketing tactics from SMS? That's why I don't like at all when people from WMD, which paid to play and test the game before release, come to discussion boards with "trust&hype" messages.

Here's a new gameplay from rallycross played by a regular person and not world of mass distributed to look good.

This one also seems driven by a handling consultant and then distributed for promotion on youtube.

paulieGTR and LeDude83 like this.
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

As much as marketing tactics may suck - and they generally do; at least these are not as bad as the ones calling my home and and interrupting my work daily trying to sell me crap I don't need, want or have the slightest interest in. With Pcars, I can sort through the hype, legit reviews, and honest opinions from users and make my decision or I can choose to ignore it. Compared to telemarketers, SMS marketing seems rather tame.:p :D

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Ian Bell bought Austin with a new pc, race car and as far as i have understood he also get salary to test the game so he is pretty much an employee. Yorkie got hired by SMS so he is not a regular WMD guy.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

VitualIR blogger is also SMS employee http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-2-vs-gran-turismo-sport-first-comparison
    upload_2017-4-11_21-34-45.png

PRC is also on some grease from SMS. Gosh. :rolleyes:

The product sells itself.

paulieGTR and LeDude83 like this.
  5. Orne

Orne Alien

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    paulieGTR, Andrew_WOT and LeDude83 like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You know what...if they manage to bring an experience like in TOCA Race Driver 2 (DTM Race Driver 2 in Germany) that would be top notch. From the videos I see so far, it might be headed in that direction. That game had car variety, a great career mode and decent enough physics to be more engaging than GT and the likes.

So if they get the handling and FFB to be not only better than in pCars 1 but also consistent across the cars, it could be a good game.
    But I remain very sceptical, if I experience one specific behaviour from somebody I prefer to learn and expect the same the second time around.

Especially the interview with Bell put me off where he basically said that everything in pCars 2 is the best on the market or they're working on it and then it will be the best on the market. Those are smokescreen statements you wouldn't hear from AMS, AC, RF devs or Heads of Studio.

paulieGTR, Whitestar and Andrew_WOT like this.
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Just as I do when shopping for something on Amazon; I take the best opinion (of Ian, and the like), the worst (typical grudge / hater because . . .), and throw those away - disregard completely, they are obvious biased opinions - period. Take the overall average of the remaining reviews and that should give some idea as to the likely risk / success / value of the product.

We have players we know here and other forums that have similar taste and experience as our own; take the average of their game reviews (new title) and after the smoke clears and all the mirrors are put away or broken and base your decision on that. If the average is on the bubble, take the chance or don't. If it falls one way or the other, accept that and move on.

I don't expect Ian and company to change their marketing strategy much, it clearly worked well for them with Pc1. I also don't expect that satisfying a tiny group of serious as hell Sim-racers is at the top of their list of priorities. What I do expect is that over time and after release (and patches), a pattern will emerge that tells the real outcome - just as it did with Pc1. The rest of the fluff that goes with it is just varied levels of white noise.

Blamer likes this.
  8. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Lol ok so you are expecting videos from who exactly apart from invited press, beta testers & SMS employees for a game that is not out yet for 6 months? They have a specific time frame in regards to releasing information about what cars & tracks are in the game. Its called a marketing strategy, a big title like SMS will have put a lot of resources in to planning this & they will have made specific conditions in the contracts with third parties.
    I'm not sure where your criticism is aimed, are you expecting them to give you a go now & let you review it?

9. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

NSX GT3 gameplay, although its one of those **** gamepad with all assists on gameplay but still nice to see this car in any game.
    5:41

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Can someone tell me if the Jack Spade FFB files also work in the Pagani Edition?

11. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I can't answer this, but I can tell you you're OT, unless the Pagani Edition is out for pCars2 too

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I started delving into my WMD membership last month, getting to know PCARS 2 as I was playing and enjoying AC for the whole of 2016. I know many of you are skeptic about PCARS due to the first title having 'issues' (to put it mildly). But just so you know that since I started with PCARS 2 I haven't touched AC anymore for more than a month.

SMS has really improved on every aspect of PCARS 1. FFB has been optimized and simplified, physics have improved across the board, absolutely gorgeous day/ night transitions dependent on the seasons. Wet weather racing and rallycross that feel realistic and satisfying too...

We are now in the run up to the release this year normally, but rest assured that SMS have upped their game and Kunos has some competition on their hands here ;).

RoccoTTS, GRFOCO, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the update. What car class needs the most work atm as I assume some need more work than others? Also how is the ai coming along?

14. mister dog

mister dog Alien

It's all WIP and all of them are getting updated, but I've tried many classes already and I couldn't find any that felt odd. They did a great job with the new tyre model so far. FFB feels very good indeed and this across the board.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  15. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

I'll wait for a demo or something, absolutely hated the FFB/physics of #1

LOEVG, Traind and LeDude83 like this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Very encouraging comments, thank you for sharing, definitely looking forward to a demo to test those progress.

mister dog likes this.
  17. Orne

Orne Alien

HAHA thats because you were actually driving NFS Shift 3. Same physic engine in pCars is from the NFS Shift series. I hope SMS brought their A game this time

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think they will release a demo. You can always buy the game and if you feel like its terrible and undriveable you can use steam refund.

what @mister dog write is very nice to read.

mister dog likes this.
  19. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

If they want people who actually tried PC1 to even consider PC2 they should really release a demo like the Zonda version, if it plays well I'll buy it ofc.

Traind and LeDude83 like this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm so not taking the bait, even though all comments by insiders are appreciated.
    A steam refund is possible within 2 hours, no? It's not enough if you consider how the Lotus 49 for instance drives ok in pCars 1 but then a Focus RS behaves very weirdly. I have no doubt that there will be some shiny examples of handling and physics but I doubt it will be consistent.

No hating but the way AC keeps getting better and better I have very little motivation to look further. It lacks here and there but stuff gets added and what's there is very high quality across the board.

I look forward to the reviews on pCars 2 written by people I trust in here.