1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I was thinking that just 2 months ago :D.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

What about the suspension/bodyroll etc? I mean in AC I kinda feel how the cars "leans" into a corner and combined with the FFB I feel kinda pushed to the side goin through a turn at high speed. I don't know if I used the right words to describe what I feel, but I at least believe that the suspension physics weren't that great and this feeling I described would be missing.
    Also its bizarre that while the crowds are 3d and animated the pitlane is totally empty in PCars 1, which should be crowded first. Is the usual race staff in there now?
    The graphics are maybe better but like most sims it fails in delivering the impression of an actual race, like F1 2016 for example.

Edit: Ah! Thx for your impressions. Its makes me more hopeful if people that weren't happy with the first one see significant improvements to the point they enjoy it.

Yes you can spent hours with testing physics and the FFB settings even in AC not to mention in PCars with its setup jungle. Besides testing the max graphic settings while maintaining a stable framerate. And testing various cars and also maybe features (big grid during rain performance).
    6 or 8 hours would be reasonable.

Also: I wouldn't want to drive streetcars in Raceroom cause of the physics - but at the same I don't want to race in AC anymore (offline an insta-ultra-borefest).
    But I don't have to limit myself to one sim. Currently I assume PCars 2 will be somewhat fun for GT and multiclass races with different weather conditions, but Im rather sceptical that taking a supercars around one of the phantasy tracks will be that satisfying. Butor pure driving I can still return to AC. Tll AC will support all the stuff I care about it will probably take 5 to 10 years. I rather bet on PCars2, R3E and GTR3 - maybe to a lesser extent also RF2.

We will see.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Or may be just a little ;)
    upload_2017-4-23_9-23-1.png

paulieGTR, LeDude83 and mister dog like this.
  4. mister dog

mister dog Alien

It's funny that you just mention this, as that's the main difference between to the two for me. Keep in mind that there are always variables depending on your kit, and how you set up your wheels damper forces etcetera. But at least for me (Fanatec Porsche GT3 V2), leaning into corners and feeling the weight transfer of the suspension is better simulated in PCARS 2. Because I feel this better I can anticipate what the car is doing I seem to catch slides better, for example doing rallycross that really helps me out to slide around and pull the car straight with the throttle . In AC I had good road feel and the physics are really really good (as we all know), but my FFB felt a tad weaker when I set up the wheel there to avoid clipping.Maybe I should go back and raise it again but I never had that connected feel as much as I do now with PCARS2.

I would like to try both games out on a newer wheel that has stronger FFB, see what gives then and if it carries over the same. Like I said variables but I'm very impressed with how connected I feel with the cars in 2.

You should see the pit crew in action, it looks really cool ;). I have to double check on the pits area but I think there's 3D folk hanging around there too. I made a comment yesterday on GTP that I love the night racing in this game as SMS did a great job in recreating a night atmosphere on every single track mimicking the real thing up to which lighting is used in buildings (white or yellow lamp bulbs). Also during the day there's lots of crowds, press, marshalls around and the environment seems alive.

This is already better than in AC for example where every track looks pretty deserted. I own F1 2016 and you're right they did an excellent job in creating that race day impression also with how clever they implemented their career mode, but PCARS 2 really isn't far behind this I would say, still a lot of things to add and implement of course.

You'll be glad to know that I selected one of the available FFB presets and I had to adjust one slider in said preset and my FFB is dialed in for all cars.

Yeah I wanted to join @BrandonW77 for an online race this Friday, but I couldn't load up the damn session as it gave errors all the time (mod car screwed it up I think). Those 30 hours in the past weeks aren't mine though, I didn't boot up the game for more than a month until then ;).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Blamer, kofotsjanne and Rosko like this.
  5. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Interesting what you say about the weight transfer, this is something AC excels at, so to say its better sounds like a drastic improvement for pcars. I wonder if you ever played R3e is it similar as many have been saying?

6. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Yeah the way that the weight transfer is translated in the damping of your wheel I mean (how the belt reacts), your T300 has stronger FFB than mine I think. I have gain set at 55% not sure if that's too low but for a wheel like mine that should be the sweet spot.

Good point just the fact that we are seeing the 2 competing with each other in the FFB department is already a big improvement on PCARS 1 at least. I have R3E but haven't played it in ages.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

Well that sounds all to good to be true. :p Seriously that really makes me worry less that it will be a dissapointment. Thx again for your time and effort.

I don't expect a AC or RF2 killer physics wise, but a modern GTR with decent physics - and AI! - would be really great. :)

You should try it again. I didn't really played it before the important physics updates, but the physics are decent IMO and its far more atmospheric (crewchief-mod included) than AC for example. Also its the only title that offer multiple (popular) series, besides it offers many featues, like big grids. Driving on the NS with 60 to 100 cars is really a difference to 24. Multiclass is also commin - and hopefull working properly. I imagine that isn't easy, even the AI is allready much bette than AC when it comes to overtaking - and pitting properly.
    Only the always online requirement is kind of a dealbreaker for me.

mister dog likes this.
  8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

And the cost. :)

9. mister dog

mister dog Alien

AC killer no as you can't get much better than AC physics wise, but they are indeed more or less on the same level now and as I said above i personally enjoy the FFB more in 2. If everything turns out ok you will have an improved version of AC graphically with day/night transitions, weather, rallycross and other goodies.

I'd love to see what Kunos will do for AC2 now, as feature wise SMS is setting the bar pretty high already.

kofotsjanne, Mogster and Whitestar like this.
  10. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Oh come on its not perfect of course it can be improved upon.

11. mister dog

mister dog Alien

At this moment in time I'd say that you would have your work cut out for you ;).

12. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

This is all sounding good in my ears. How about the road detail? Do the bumps and undulations come through to the wheel as good as in AC?
    And rallycross; similar to Dirt Rally? Easier? More difficult? :)

Edit: And what about deadzone. Similar to AC?

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I'm actually coming round to the idea that R3E has better handling than AC the more time i put into it or at least better ffb.

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Are SMS expanding on the scanned tracks for PCars 2, as in collecting their own data?

15. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I don't have too much road surface detail with my wheel anyhow, but it is quite similar I'd say. I do feel the kerbs and such a bit better than in AC. Rallycross is a lot of fun, I played Dirt for a while when it released in early access, but from what I remember of it for sure the rallycross is as much fun in PCARS 2 and I'd say the FFB is better (been a while though). Sliding around on different surfaces feels pretty good.

They are updating their tracks using laser scanned drone data apparently. If you search over at GTP I think Ian gave a small explanation about it there.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

All good (too good) information, just wondering why everyone else refuses to share any info referring to non-disclosure agreement, did you get an exception?
    If it is what you say it is, it would be an interesting title to have in the library, but no preorders this time, sorry SMS, you fooled me once already.

17. esox71

esox71 Alien

I like the proximity markers, I can see them no problems :)

18. mister dog

mister dog Alien

We're still under NDA but there's no harm in mentioning content that was shown officially by now. Also seeing my impressions of the game are quite positive I don't think I'd do harm by sharing my excitement with the rest of us hobbyists.

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

So NDA is only for negative feedback. Didn't know that. Thanks.

20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

NDA is not disclosing info that's not already out there, mister dog is not giving away any exclusive info that's not already been said.

mister dog likes this.
  21. mister dog

mister dog Alien

There is negative feedback of course, but seeing everything is still in development it would be unfair to release that out in the open at this moment. Rest assured that I'm there to nag about a whole lot of things I perceive lacking :).