1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

@Bo-Göran Larsson & @Cameltotem

wrt to the p1 gtr.. don't use the slicks. plus I'm not sure we're supposed to use DRS... I'll pass that one for sure.

And if you're taking the time from the video I think you used... well it was a very hot day (hence slow down).

I don't know the tyres used either in that video but you have 3 pirelli's to choose from in game.

Still need to know what is off around nords. It's off compared to what? ;) (no need to answer that)

2. emha76

emha76 Gamer

Can you drive your own car out of the pits.

Can't find the option. Where is it guys? Please help.

3. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

gameplay
    options - gameplay - manual pitstop (choose yes)

Patrik Marek, Whitestar and emha76 like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

options > gameplay > manual pitstop

ninja'd

emha76 likes this.
  5. emha76

emha76 Gamer

Thanks guys!

6. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

What you think about the Car Sounds?
    Imho the Sound in AC is way better,the Crash/Contact sounds in Pcars2 are bad too.

And for VR,dont leave the Car when you sit in the Cockpit,sometimes its bad to look back in the Car too. :)

That`s why i love AC till i die,its a constant Matrix.

7. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Pro tip; if you want the ideal way to get to grips with the game and experience one of the best road cars in PC2, use it to dial in your FFB and do a community TT in the meantime, try the community event with the Caterham at Knockhill. [​IMG]

It doesn't get much better than this on dry road surface.

8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Depends on the cars , some cars dont sound like the real cars, some are like on off switch and some are butter smooth and full off detail. I like ac sounds better, they sound more realistic inside the car and way smoother than pcars.

Anyway I think I managed to dial in the ffb.
    I had dampning up to a 100 for some reason and I lowered the ffb to 85 to prevent it from clipping like crazy and its now close to what I feel with ac. (Only tested road cars so far)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

wrt to the C63S... I used the medium tyres and went to nords.. it's a mercedes alright... drives like my godfather Class E (2015) but more powerful and sprung stiffer (more than what I'd imagined the RL counterpart to be really) and ofc, front heavy :D

I did hit some kerbs at Nords (that i'm not supposed to on purpose) and I don't that insta spin comments. I actually decreased the volume for this one

BTW I have assists on Full with TC/ABS low and ofc... SC OFF

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm strange .. just tried it on Azure and it was fine ... ACish but less floaty/understeery ... than I went for AMG A45 in that Scottland track, 60x weather speed from sunny -> fog -> rain -> storm and it was great ... I`m either getting used to it or I get lucky with settings but specialy that A45 in wet with all those puddles was quite enjoyable ride ... till my wife gently asked me if I have to make noise in the night :) .. and the weather transitions are stunning ... PS: in both TC/ABS systems off .. FFB Volume somewhere between 60-70 I think but on DFGT (for reference in AC I`m usually around 75%), TONE half way to the right to make wheel noise less rattely (and that accualy helped with overall feeling), FX around 30 ... I`m more My than Mz guy :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Tiago Fortuna likes this.
  11. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

BTW, for you guys on headphones, enable stereo downmix in the audio menu (if not using more than "2 channels" that is)

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep did that before last ride .. sounds are not that bad .. depends on car .. but ambient, suspension, brakes, wind, rain waves blowed by wind, longer grass on chasi, nonsquealing tyres, etc are quite nice ... with tyre squeal on 20 it is fine ..

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I really dislike AC internal cars sounds so for me they are better.
    Also for me in AC the position sound is rubbish if i turn my head the sound cuts out in one ear. In pcars 2 the positional sounds works properly, if i move my head closer to the engine it get louder. Also i stood out-side at Road America listening to the cars going round the track & it was very good as well as the atmosphere of the announcer & crowd. Not so fond of the rain & puddle effects & of course the tyres are bad.

14. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

I just use the defaults :D

For those with issues in MP try the following workaround:

- multplayer filter => lobby = "peer-to-peer"
    - restart Pcars

hope this helps

(They're looking at it)

PS: if you guys could hear my RL car tyres squeal... Anyone knows GT6 tyres sound? Yeah, THAT bad.

15. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

The caterham 7 at Sampala early morning is some of the most fun i've had in VR for a while.

Patrik Marek and mister dog like this.
  16. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Interesting reads here, keep 'em coming guys.

I'm still saving for a new rig so I won't have the possibility to play anything until at least Christmas :( I bought it but I'm just navigating in the menus and checking out liveries lol

ShimonART and mister dog like this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've yet to try Pc2 in VR but, I want to get things as dialed in as they can be before I do, FFB / SimVibe, etc.

18. mister dog

mister dog Alien

You try the 620R already?

19. kusk0r

kusk0r Racer

FFB and VR tweaks have improved things. Still need to find the sweet spot between clipping and fine information.

Hit a couple WR with the Formula A and 962C in Nordschleife but it's still early days.

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

just been trying this for 2 hours its pretty good, didn't have much AI trouble ( no more than ac or AMS) and the ffb seemed ok I used informative settings. As good as AC and the weather and rain etc puts its slightly ahead of AC imo. Don't listen to negative comments try it yourself! I hated pcars1 this is really well up there!! its more like AC2 than pcars2 !

I even tried the Vulcan that Jimmy struggled with maybe its DD wheels my t300 felt like most other cars. I tried a few!! Even open wheelers weren't as bad as people have been saying! the old lotus f1 car in the rain at Donny!