1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Proper clutch functionality

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Orne, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Would be great if clutch functionality in AC was similar to Automobilista.

No gear change if clutch isn't properly depressed, an appropriate gear grinding sound as a result.

I wonder if the gear shift protection functionality couldn't be altered to work with manual shift cars if clutch engagement is not detected then a gear crunch sound is played instead of the down shift protection beep and the car is stuck in neutral until properly shifted.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ruf autoclutch not working properly Dec 24, 2014
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Set AI Skill Properly Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Unable to propery set brake pressure Jan 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How to get proper resolution? Jan 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface not every setup property has got a help description afais Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game not closing properly Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel off center despite properly calibrated Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.6 Crash Loading Replays [audio system not initializing properly] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Improper use of "&swap" causes server crash Feb 26, 2021
    General modding discussion HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY Feb 3, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Pit stop not happen even when everything set properly Jan 23, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer "teamName" property is always null in result files Nov 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [ SOLVED ] Logitech Gamepad F710 not working properly , recognized as wheel... Aug 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Proper setup of an arbitrary direct input controller as a wheel - when? Aug 4, 2020

3. Orne

Orne Alien

This !

Please forgive my ignorance, does AC perceive paddles differently than a stick shift? Im using a G29 with paddles and when driving AMS I get proper clutch function although with AC I don't anything like what your videos shows.

In AC if I depress the clutch the car is taken out of gear as it should be although I can also shift without the clutch suffering no damage. Auto clutch is disabled although auto blip is enabled, perhaps that's my problem

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

AC was one of the first games that did this.

No idea why it doesn't work for you, but if you select Pro difficulty, it should work.

5. Orne

Orne Alien

Can you confirm the clutch functions properly even when using paddles ?

6. agrip 2

agrip 2 Gamer

Please forgive my ignorance, does AC perceive paddles differently than a stick shift?

Yes.

I had the same "problem" after I bought my T300. Solved it by buying a TH8a.

As I understand it all cars turn into sequensial when using paddles. But you stil have to blipp the throttle I think. It is hard to time the blipp when using paddles...

7. Orne

Orne Alien

Yea not possible to blip using paddles since you can't put the car in neutral to do so.

8. If you use paddles with an h pattern car AC automatically turns on auto-clutch.

9. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahhhhhhhhhh I didnt know that. Although my clutch still functions with H pattern cars and using paddles Thanx for the clarification ! Apologies for any confusion.

10. agrip 2

agrip 2 Gamer

I think you can blip but i think you have to guess when the auto clutch engages so to speak. It is was not easy and not super fun.

Thanks HornB, now i remember.
    Automatic (forced) Auto-Clutch...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  11. not really, only the code for miss-shifts is bypassed.. autoclutch is still responding to user settings, so when using paddles in a h pattern car you will have a different feeling especially in downshifts; if you have autoclutch on (more soft) or off (no clutch action so the downshifts will be a bit more problematic and it'll be easier to unsettle the back of the car).

12. Orne

Orne Alien

Very cool ! Thanx for the info. I will have purchase a stick shift!

agrip 2, Jebus and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do it, do it!

Orne and Jebus like this.