1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generic Proposal to solve voting problem - votes never seem to succeed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Dec 5, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

On console, most public races I am a part of are impeded (some might say ruined) by players who are engaging in egregiously bad race etiquette, and quite often outright maliciousness. For example, last night, in a GT3 race at Monza (big surprise), a player waited at the T1 chicane, and repeatedly wrecked players as they drove past. No one was spared, and yet, the vote to kick the player failed repeatedly.

The reasons why votes fail has been the subject of much debate, but I think I've come across a rather simple explanation that might cover most circumstances:

Players either don't know which key to press to vote, or they have mapped their controls in such a way that they have no vote key.

I'd like to share two possible solutions:

Button Hint: I think it would be helpful if the vote text notification included an indication of which key should be pressed in order to vote.

Required Mapping: This, however, does not solve the problem of players who use key mappings that eliminate the vote button. For example, there seem to be at least some number of players using the G29 preset with the T300 wheel. In this configuration, there is no vote button mapped. The game should require the mapping of a vote button.

Thanks for considering these suggestions.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Proposal for the future... while looking at the past Apr 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room League Proposal Dec 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues [proposal] png instead of dds? Dec 2, 2015
    Tracks modding [proposal] motodromo di castelletto di branduzzo Jan 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Drift point challenge change/addition proposal Oct 17, 2014
    3D car models [Proposal] Fiat Uno Turbo!!! Jun 6, 2014
    3D car models proposal Apr 19, 2014
    3D car models Proposal to be included VX220 or Speedster in the car game Dec 5, 2013
    General modding discussion Modding post structure proposal. Jun 3, 2013
    General modding discussion Proposal - Music in the game menu Mar 3, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [SOLVED] How to use HTC Vive? Nov 26, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds My game keep crashing when i start it (solved: Discord app conflict) Nov 12, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Xbox One Online Servers - RESOLVED Oct 2, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa Launcher has stopped working (solved: uninstalled .NET 4.7 and reinstalled 4.6.2) Oct 2, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G25 Racing Wheel not being detected (solved: run as administrator) Sep 29, 2017

3. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I have to rule this reason out, unless they've had the game for 2 days. No way unless exceptionally dumb have they seen vote to kick in the prop corner and not asked themselves how to vote. But people aren't voting, so I guess they really are dumb.