1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 port? (not asking for it, looks like its happening)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by garyjpaterson, May 12, 2015.

1. Well wasn't expecting this, and while I personally have no interest in it, THIS CV from a programmer of AC has listed "PS4 AC graphics engine conversion".

PS4 port, really happening? Who knows, but if it brings more money to Kunos then good. Maybe it'll also force them to come up with a GUI that works with your controller (wheel).

And as for official word on the matter, its "Who knows?".

For those wondering, i got linked to this from http://pretendracecars.net/.

Last edited: May 12, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4/5 - g-portal server will not show in list with a pw Jun 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to import car setups from PS4 to PS5? Apr 13, 2022
    Bug reports Bug report PS4 Jun 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problemi Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC SU PS4 PRO - UN PORTING DISASTROSO! Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PLEASE READ: HOW TO GET SUPPORT FOR ACC ON CONSOLE (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One) Jun 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4 and XBox One: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Thrustmaster Wheel support in ACC PS4 May 14, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues New Fanaleds 2.4m brings support for Fanatec CSL Elite PS4/PC Jul 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 Review and GIVEAWAY contest by SimRacingGirl (PS4 XBOX PC) Jul 28, 2017
    Suggestions PS4 Fanatec GT2 Support PLEASE+ Jun 27, 2017
    Suggestions Now that the PS4 Supports HDR - Can we get idea of when it will arrive for Assetto Corsa? Sep 16, 2016

3. Nao

Nao Alien

IIRC it was considered during the development, as was free to play model for example. In the end with good sales of EA version they decided to do a normal PC release. So the person in question could have done some preliminary work on AC for consoles (every game has tons of concept test like this that never see the light of day) and since you always put everything into CV I wouldn't take that info as any indication of things to come.

Still, with people claming gamepad controls in AC are better than pCats, it could work :D

4. Dev Rotter

Dev Rotter Racer

I hope they will release it on PS4, it's the only reason I still haven't bought a new wheel and pedal set. I remember that KS has posted a photo of 2 or 3 PS4, they can be used for developing.

http://www.corriere.it/tecnologia/v...os-4291e126-5610-11e4-8d72-a992ad018e37.shtml

Translating the interesting part: Sony already sent us a PS4 dev kit, the hypothesis of bringing our creature to the next gen has never been more concrete, sayd by Massarutto :)

5. Pingus

Pingus Simracer

Well, you can plug some decent wheels in the PS4 and the game plays very well with a gamepad. I'm not a huge fan of consoles but everybody deserve quality sims.

Tucker73 and Horus like this.
  6. Blame

Blame Alien

wtf, they haven't even finished the game and you already want it for PS4? Console games are for casuals, arcade players...

victor86 and Cefa like this.
  7. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I don't see where its says ps4 conversion.
    And i don't believe it.

8. Click on the CV, its on page 2.

Also just realised cos its LinkedIn, this guys going to be getting lots of notifications that people viewed his profile, sorry!

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It would be great to have it on PS4, not for the main rig, but for guys like me who travel a lot, at this time when on the road I either play LFS from my lap top or GT6 from my playstation 3, and my trusty DFG pro.
    AC on PS4 would be very nice.
    I will keep my finger crossed, but I do not have high hope.

10. Epocx

Epocx Alien

There is no page 2.
    I am not registered there.

PS: Console Port is the worst idea ever considering the buggy state of AC and the lack of UI. It will take 3 years to get it to console.

11. Here's a pic if you really don't believe it: [​IMG]

And yeah, i don't think console users would put up with the lack of polish, but maybe its an incentive to sort it out.

Epocx likes this.
  12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well that is where the money are ... you can see it with pC (that will probably sell more copies on Ps4 in first week than AC in a life time)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  13. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Why would you want to convert AC graphics engine to ps4 when its still buggy and badly optimised (you don't fool me with lod and low smoke in ultra setting) I know i am right about this. Reflections are still buggy and unoptimized.

ps4 user need voice acting, handholding all all sorts of stuff. you dont just pull it off, and your pc version will be heavyly painted by it. it will not be the sim we come to love.

Queequeg and Patrik Marek like this.
  14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I agree that AC is not ready for it .. I just understand the temptation .. if this info is even true :)

15. Epocx

Epocx Alien

ps4 games are not a grant for money. console games have high standards.
    why do you think GTA sold so well (even on pc but ofc more so on console)

because its so well done in all aspects.

AC will only sell if its as well done as the competitors.

PS:well maybe we will hear something official that makes more sense but maybe kunos are only exploring options...

Patrik Marek likes this.
  16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yes, that is why I don`t think it is ready :) ... consoles are not good playground for beta versions ...

17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

at the current stage I'm afraid it will be deeply criticized.
    yes it drives well, even on gamepad, but other the hotlapping there isn't much to do, and not all console players are that keen on MP,

AC on PS4 would be great, but it will require so much more extra work that I can't see it happening anytime soon - if at all

18. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

No kidding. Let 's not get ahead of ourselves; the PC version is far from complete in any sensible person's mind. I really wish the issues in this sim would get the attention they need and not these distractions.

Good thing warm weather is upon us; so I can go hot lap for real.

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

you don't hotlap in cold? rain? .. way more fun that way

20. Peter Burke

Peter Burke Racer

Ohh sure, my first track day was mostly wet or at least damp. The cold, not so much. Here in Michigan the track days don't start until April. I had my first (of the year) last Friday. I do want to start dirt and snow events, but I need more gear for that. Then I could be in motorsports all year 'round :D.

Here is session 5. It rained towards the end of that run. Good fun slipping and sliding.

Cote Dazur and Patrik Marek like this.
  21. Blame

Blame Alien

Not sure if he loves Project Cars or hates it.
    [​IMG]

Epocx likes this.