1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PSN needed for online play?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I tried to enter the online lobbies last night and got a message that I need a PSN account. Was that a glitch, or am I required to shell out even more $$ for this?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Multiplayer Issues on Console (PSN/Xbox Live) Nov 29, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PSN membership required for online? Jun 17, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 Season Pass 50-60% discount on Euro PSN Stores Dec 23, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Porsche Pack 1 not showing up in the NA PSN store Nov 30, 2016
    Console Lounge (SOLVED) Porsche Pack Vol. 1 DLC PSN Issue (SOLVED) Nov 29, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Asia PSN DLC & Season Pass News Nov 25, 2016
    Console Lounge Need new people to race. Location? Time? PSN? Wheel/Controller? Nov 17, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Kunos please help! PSN store Hong Kong issue Oct 15, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PLEASE add DLC for psn asia store or..... Oct 9, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Can't get any car download from the cloud ? Taiwan PSN Store version Sep 30, 2016
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help needed for AC telemetry Jun 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Help needed Jun 19, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Haze Racing FREE League! (No DLC needed) Apr 16, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Help needed: Race against AI with Custom Liveries? Single Make.. Mar 31, 2022

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You need a PSN account to play any online PS4 game.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Doubt it is a glitch. Most Multi Player games need a PSN account for online play.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

if i understand correctly most if not all console games require psn for multiplayer. aprt from free2play

6. Only games that don't require a psn sub are usually free to play games

7. Larryf1951

Well, it didn't require it until now.

8. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Hmm that's weird. I've always needed a psn sub to play online.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You mean you´ve paid for PS4 games and played them online with no PSN account?

Back on PS3, it was free to play online, but PS4 forced plus-membership to play things like FiFa etc.

10. Larryf1951

On my PS4, on Sunday, I was able to access the multiplayer lobby.
    For free.

11. must have been a glitch or a free weekend, ps4 has required you to pay to play online since launch

12. Larryf1951

Strange. I guess I won't be doing any online racing. I've got a spotty connection anyway, so no big loss. I just found it odd that it never required it before.
    Thanks all for your replies.

13. Larryf1951

Correction. It says I need to sign up for PlayStation Plus in order to race online. Its $60/yr. Not a lot of money, but its kind of silly. I'd rather pay Kunos a fee for hosting the servers than just fling money at Sony.

14. Psn plus is not too bad you get free games every month check out CD keys too they have 12 month subscription for $48.99

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-n...-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

I'm not involved with CD keys in any way. I use them for my Xbox live subs and are usually always the cheapest,

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  15. Israel Perry

Israel Perry Rookie

Yeah!! PSN plus is not too bad, you just need to Acheter Playstation Plus 365 jours from press-start.