1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Question about career mode race difficulty...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dfgvfnfgharere, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Hi there! I'd be surprised if anybody knows the answer to this.

In career mode races, you can set AI strength between 80% and 100% as you would normally in the regular race mode. However, in the opponents.ini file for career series, each opponent is assigned its own strength level, independent of the slider you choose in game.

So how do these two difficulty values interact? Is it that the in-game slider works as a multiplier for the value set in opponents.ini, so for instance if you had the slider set to 90% and the ini file assigned a difficulty value of 98% to an opponent, the true difficulty level would be 98 * 0.9, or 88.2%? Or does it work in some other way?

Thank you!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Quick question about the AI in Career mode Apr 12, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Career-beginners questions Oct 17, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career-Endurance Rules - Questions Jul 22, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Question about career objective descriptions Apr 3, 2017
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Tuesday at 2:51 PM
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    Sounds modding QUESTION FOR HORN ABOUT FMOD SOFTWARE Nov 7, 2022

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

You probably guessed it right, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. You must be the first one to play AC career.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, I'm attempting to complete the career since it's been released too (well, I technically reached the end a few times but never did all races and the progress isn't saved in the Steam Cloud).

The same question arises for custom made championships (if you copy and edit career files). I don't know how the difficulty is determined exactly either but I presume the launcher setting takes prevalence.

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

OT here: Is there a way to automatically save your settings/progress/times at Steam cloud? o_O

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think your time played, the special events and achievements are the only things that get saved for AC at the moment. Everything else is offline in the game and your Documents folder.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

According to Stefano more people play AC in single player than in multi player.

8. isamu

isamu Racer

I have a question regarding career mode. Is it similar to the Gran Turismo games, where you start off in a little slow crappy car, earn money for winning races, and then proceed to buy better and better cars? If so, I might just start playing AC career.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Sort of, but you get to really fast cars pretty fast.

Also, there is no garage or something like that. You don't »purchase« the cars, you just drive them in preset events.

Could be different on console, though. Don't know about that.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, nothing like Gran Turismo at all (in terms of career, not necessarily driving events). Not in the PC version in any case, we have no idea if the console version is different. You do track day-like events with in the first few career events to earn medals and then proceed to championship style events that get progressively harder with faster cars, basically replicating a racing career in a basic fashion. No money, no car unlocks, no parts tuning, no extensive narrative or anything of the likes, not at this point. If you intend to buy AC only for the career mode and expect Gran Turismo I wouldn't recommend it. There's much more fun to have with the other modes.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's quite funny, because I've got the impression that—at least for me—it actually gets easier, because I'm better at driving the fast cars. :D

Although I'm not at the single seaters yet and only play a bit of carrier mode every once in a while, but I had the hardest of times at the beginning, with the awful Alfa and stuff like that. xD

One tip though: For fast progression focus on the hot lap/time attack events. Those are usually pretty easy.
    And focus on every lap being faster than the previous one (you don't have to start with blistering lap times).

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, yeah. Fully depends on the car of course, some people drive better with the later cars and similarly the AI may not handle some cars, circuits or conditions as well. The singleseater races are pretty hard though, IMHO. Of course you can adjust difficulty to a point.

Either way, we don't know if they changed anything about the career for the console version (the achievements for the console versions are different, maybe that indicates different special events and career events) and on PC the career was always a WIP affair. The AI is good enough now to deliver fun singleplayer races so I'd assume they want to expand that in the future.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Didn't drive single seaters in the career mode yet, but I'm doing ok in them in MP races, so I guess I could beat it.

Regarding the AI, I always found it difficult to judge. Some races were pretty damn easy (e.g. the KTM at Imola), but some races, especially at the beginning I found really hard.
    That was before 1.7, though, didn't try afterwards.