1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Race Department Interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Orne, Mar 6, 2018.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Doing a little searching only Ferrari f1 I found that crashed at Vallelunga is this one.

[​IMG]

Its 2007 in the f2007 driven by Massa so not sure as I dont think that car was in any Kunos sims. It would have been around the start of FVA development as it came out in 2010.

The game may not be released in retail v1.0 until 2019 so its quite likely it may just come with both seasons to add a bit more value to the more casual customer not us diehards that will get it EA and would get any DLC. ;)

If there were to be DLC's id prefer something like gt4 or enduro seasons for Nords, Bathurst, Daytona etc or some historic seasons like FIA GT1.

WEC is really a mess these days with LMP1H only having 1 car for 2018. It would have been an attractive license when Audi, Porsche and Toyota all had top class challengers but will there be a big shakeup for 2019 WEC? Will Toyota even win Le Mans with Alonso and no direct opposition in 2018? Will they pull out if they finally manage to win it and then what will be the top class prototype beyond that or will LMP2 be the top class.

Quffy likes this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

How about we wait to see what the game brings before moving on to dlc’s... just saying :)

3. Orne

Orne Alien

Cool ! Whats funny is I'm a photographer in real life and I find the AC photo interface very cumbersome and pain painstakingly slow. My biggest issue is it takes far to long to find the proper focus pending your distance from subject. Clearly I must be doing something wrong. Any tutorials you recommend ?

Schnipp likes this.
  4. mms

mms Alien

Yeah , the only thing I miss from the photo mode (which was in there at one moment) is the ability to focus on a specific part by right-clicking...

Whitestar, Schnipp and Orne like this.
  5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

@martcerv I'll have to have a re-listen to that part of the interview. I think he said the driver was a test driver in a F1 team. Not sure if he actually drove an F1 car in that comparison though.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Part II should be dropping sometime today? Next time RD should ask for views or YouTube likes, not 200 comments :D Not best for the quality of postings

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm guessing RD cares more about site traffic than Youtube metrics, although a lot of views wouldn't hurt either.

8. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Marco said it was in Ferrari Driver Academy. So must be event like these.

https://www.racefans.net/2011/11/16/italian-f3-pair-complete-ferrari-test/
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/185968/1/juncadella-in-ferrari-f1-test

Probably only media there is Ferrari's own and they don't want to make press release "our future talent just crashed". :rolleyes:

chksix likes this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

10. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

All you need to know about ACC: If the game's successful, we can have Pirelli Intercontinental Challenge and other series from SRO.

Stepy likes this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Really cool to hear that wet racing lines might be realistic. Though it wasn't focused, mentioned not directly, and they haven't went deeper on this very important and huge thing... Stefano mentioned that it adds a lot of complexity to AI, but AI may have experience system, so it could be different. Also correctly matching of conditions for people entering online servers at different moments is another problem of such dynamic grip stuff of track, like: marbles, marbles getting washed out, racing line changing as track gets wet, then changing again as it dries out. Marco totally not joking said that it could be cured by just having rain in ACC permanently :D Which we all would love haha

Also Stefano made a good point that for us - GT3 lovers not, rain might show a different side of those vehicles. Definitely should provide more action.

But it makes me really happy that these things are now "half confirmed" it is really simracing history in the making, Kunos will be first on that.

Luca Zari and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Awesome stuff. Liked everything I heard. Especially that GT4 or Blancpain Asia might happen as DLC if the game sells well.

About weather... as they've been discussing inside Kunos if the weather should be taken from online IRL weather services, and Simone was against this due to realism reason (which is true).

Like I wrote on RD, imo there should be 2 options for player

a) Using real date of the race
    b) Using custom date, but limited within Blancpain calendar (no winter months)

Then,

- Based on average wind, humidity, temperature, rain conditions of that Circuits/locations climate and IRL records during that specific month, randomize the weather.
    - So randomized, but within realistic constraints. Unlike pCars 2 where the circuits local climate isn't taken into any consideration, when choosing "Random"
    - Then give pre-race weather forecast, which is not accurate (or, often somewhat accurate, sometimes horribly wrong, but you'll never know). This would keep the element of surprise, and force drivers to adapt. If forecast is wrong, it's wrong for everybody

Maybe option c) with using static conditions, the real condition that occurred IRL on that race, on that day. But of course this could be only added after 2018 season is done

But making it like Content Manager (picking current local weather from the Internet) is actually illogical and unrealistic. With no snow in ACC (Marco said snow won't be simulated... duh) it would be flawed also in another way (similarly how now if you race in CM at night, it won't be night)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Epistolarius and mantasisg 2 like this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Some welcomed clarifications on some questions I had on mind. More reassuring feedback sjowing that the plan and idea is in good hands. ;) Thanks for taking the time.

14. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

I like that, apparently, we'll be able to create our own driver and team (Part II of the interview). I wonder if this will be with a kind of livery editor in-game.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes imo they mentioned there will be in-built livery editor, even in multiplayer. (Or not 100% if they used specifically those words, but how else it could be... anything other won't work in possible console version either)

Probably not terribly complex (has to work without mouse on gamepads too). Maybe just picking a color, then select a sticker, location, rotation. Some limited number of simple geometric vector shapes with 1 color or gradient of 2 colors would be nice (to create a background for stickers), maybe letters/numbers with some very limited fonts.

Even with 1 color background, if the selectable stickers are real stuff (already used in the official liveries etc) I think it creates very cool opportunity to create own liveries, that can also quickly be shared online (because no texture is downloaded, just coordinates/rotation)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    warp9engage likes this.
  16. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

I wonder if you'll be able to use your livery outside career, in free-play. That would be great, a true Blancpain experience.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Should've posted this here instead.
    It was a good interview in general, even though many community questions weren't asked. Just this one thing stood out less positively to me (but I know it's still early days). We'll see...

I do still hope that we hear about plans for implementing the Blancpain rule set and the required functionality (incl. safety car, formation lap + flying start, etc.) towards Early Access. The announcement implies it but it just hasn't been mentioned specifically. I consider it a must-have for an official game of a racing series, especially if something like F1 without such a simulation-heavy focus and old games like GTR have been doing it for so long, and with everything else being such a detailed simulation.

Stepy likes this.
  18. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Yep, is confirmed, Marco said that we'll be able to use our livery on offline and online.

So...

warp9engage likes this.
  19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

going better news after news!

Kunos is on fire! :D:cool:

20. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

That would be amazing if they plan it.