1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Ready to Race DLC available (on XBO)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by danowat, Aug 24, 2017.

1. 3n3rg0n83

3n3rg0n83 Gamer

The only thing AC addicted people can do is to create a proper-equipped PC platform, buy the PC version (with all the DLC's) and forget the console...not all of us think it really worths...

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

How it does not work? o_O

The problem with Assetto and the frustration console users have is related with the size of the team, meaning: much less features than PC and bug fest. Has nothing to do with the sim value AC offers. As a matter of fact, that AC is such a great simulator is what it's saving the game. How it's possible to say that it does not work when the release on consoles has at least duplicated the number of users of Assetto.

pippo10 likes this.
  3. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

To clarify, i love assetto corsa. No matter how much bugs it has and i would love to see a assetto corsa on xbox! But sometimes the bugs are frustrating.

And no, i will never build a pc for gaming as long as there is xbox! Pc is for work! I'm not willing to be some kind of "pc masterrace" douchebag who wants to convert us console players...

ps: I dont have anything against pc players. Everyone can play on his prefered plattform

4. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

hi guys, i love this game and i think that they are going to fix the best they can assetto corsa and implement with all the content we are waiting but...Did you notice that in the last few years you buy a game and always get biiiiiig big day one patches?!?Also day 2,3,4 patches...lots of patches for about one year.After one year or so you get a good product with all the patches. Look at AAA games like the division,for honor...We buy a game at day one...but it's not finished, it's like a good beta. They take our money just to be sure we don't buy anything else. And that was for ubisoft which is a big team, look also to pc1, it worked decently after one year of patches. The guys from kunos they let us pay only 50 euros at day one...not 70!!!I'm confident we will have a perfectly working game soon.Said that we gamers should have a customer care checking all those unfinished games and report that to the community...if we would not buy anything more from that software house maybe they are going to work better and release the game only when finished, look at horizon or dark souls3, bloodborne...not so many patches and not so many bugs. Why some software houses can do it and others not?!?

Philippeapo likes this.
  5. Plato99mk2

Plato99mk2 Rookie

Because no-one would willingly buy a game for half price knowing it was half finished. On that logic, AC's retail price when compared to competitor's products would have been around £12, not £40.
    I'm not keen on a "give us more money to finish it" model. It just promotes the lax attitude of some companies in the current software industry.

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Driveclub, PCars, SLRE. Those are 3 games of the same nature of AC that were just as bad or worse than Assetto when they where released. The 3 of them were released at full price of 70 euros.

I agree the price of Assetto doesnt justify the lack of features and the bugs. But it must be recognized at least.

pippo10 and MaxStrong01 like this.
  7. Plato99mk2

Plato99mk2 Rookie

PCars was fixed with monthly patches. AC isn't. That must be recognised at least.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  8. Plato99mk2

Plato99mk2 Rookie

We're not talking bugs are we though Charles? We're talking about a problem that STOPS THE GAME LAUNCHING altogether. That's a whole different scenario. It shouldn't even still be on sale. It's tantamount to scamming, selling something they know doesn't work.

BluuSpydeR likes this.
  9. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I've been playing AC offline everyday, since the crashing problem restarted. Yesterday I was invited to give it a break and play PCars online, a game I hadn't touched for a loooong time. I thought it would feel 'different' after playing only AC for more than 7 months, but I never thought it would be such a bad experience! The McLaren P1, for instance, which I drove through Silverstone...

For a starter, the sound of the car is just plain wrong. Then I couldn't feel the brakes properly, a very poor feedback. And the handling! It felt like I had a wagon tied to the car, so weird and unnatural it was. The track felt bald and sterile, almost no connection with the car. I gave up playing after 45 minutes and went back to my offline mode AC, with a sense of relief.

PCars 2 will have to be much, much better than that thing I played yesterday if it wants to deserve the attention of players who appreciate a more nuanced physics. Or else, AC will still rule as a favourite to many, bugs and all, which I think will turn out to be the most likely scenario.

the_stig90 and jelydonut like this.
  10. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Yeah, same here. Played pc1 last week. Was not able to finish a race. Always a another bug.

11. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Sorry to disagree but the main bugs of PC Cars like for example the invisible walls that destroy your. race after you run several laps were never fixed. And it is a disaster and very frustrating.
    We can like or not the communication choice of KS (full silence) but we do not know the reasons of this choice. In any case one thing is sure: at today despite all the bugs AC is the better (and I should say the only) simulator on console.
    It can be improved for sure but all the rest are simply uncomparable for the moment.

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This problem has appeared recently, so it has nothing to do with the release of the game (where they had the obligation to release the game with all the features promissed and with an acceptable state related with bugs). What do you expect them to do? Stop selling the game (even if that's possible)? This could not be even their problem.

Scamming? For what?

By the way, SMS worked hard on the game through the year of the release. So did Kunos.

@P73, pippo10 and jaxx_za like this.
  13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think after 12 months every one would agree that AC has the best handling on Xbox by a mile over all other games. But there's more to a game than handling, for a start it has to load, it has to be able to save your progress, all features have to work, online has to be trouble free and and smooth frame rate. AC has completely failed, and so has p cars 1. There's even more bugs online with that one, loss of ffb at start of races is a game breaker, the invite system is a pain. So for a enjoyable nights racing with mates the only way to go is the game with the worse handling model but everything else works and that's forza.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

If you want to drive round a track hot lapping on your own for fun, then AC is my go to game.

jelydonut, @P73 and Gurkensepp like this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If every dev stopped making gaming games because their current game wasn't 100% perfect we would have no more games. GT5 and and especially GT6 were diabolical, yet there is another GT coming out ( which looks more disappointing than GT6 to me). So I see no reason why Kunos should bail out on console.

@P73 likes this.
  16. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I have a feeling the v1.15 update is being held on PS4 until the XboxOne launching issue is resolved. I'm happy to be proven wrong though...

@P73 likes this.
  17. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Didn't someone mention earlier in the thread that the release date showing for the DLC on Xbox store is the 13th Sep?

18. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, maybe it's an error. I would assume that we would have official confirmation by now if it were to be released this week. On the other hand Kunos quickly stated it was an error on Xbox live when the R2R packed showed up a couple weeks ago.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  19. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Would have hoped that Microsoft wouldn't make 2 mistakes with the release dates?

20. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It is rather strange but I think it's something that just accidentally goes live. On PSN some games have shown up on the featured section when they were not even announced yet etc.