1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ready to race

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Patrik1977, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I stoped reading when you called me fanboy.

I will not attack every time Kunos and when they release an update say "Oh Kunos, you are the best, I love you" which is pathetic. I defend what's reasonable. When it's reasonable to critize them, I do. When it's rasonable to praise them, I do.

Keep on that attitude and see if the devs take you seriously.

Sidewinder@11 and pippo10 like this.
  2. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

so my answer was unreasonable for you, i only told what happened every time with console patch.

3. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

On pc they can throw out updates when/where/how they want. On consoles its more difficult.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    SlimCharles likes this.
  4. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

ps4 ON right now, another war thunder patch at same pc time. (1.74)
    Last week (1.73).
    Kunos can explain why they can aside you.

5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The updates have to be ported by another team. Stefano codes, then the console team port. The only way possible for them to be released alongside PC is by holding the PC updates back, which I see no reason to do. Why is it necessary to have updates parallel to PC? For which the game has been out longer? They've had to wait 4 years to get to this point whilst console guys have wait less than one year to be just one update behind. What the hell is the big issue? What is going to happen to you if you have to wait longer on console?

I also suspect that warthunder has far less complicated physics which could have more than one coder without compromising workflow or integrity of the product. As well as less licensing issues for console.

So how do you propose they be released parallel to each other without holding the PC back? It's impossible unless Lord Kunos ports it himself, in which case you would have far more to cry about updates and content would take far far longer to arrive.

IllestD and SlimCharles like this.
  6. although I explained this many time.. one more time won't hurt anybody so here we go:

The big problem with Assetto Corsa is that the 2 sources for the PC and console version are not on the same branch. This happened because the GUI and the general user interaction on console had to be completely redone from scratch to adapt to the pad & TV. We tried to keep the code aligned for the first part of the port but had to give up 7-8 months before the initial release.
    This is the price to pay to port a game that made very heavy usage of typical PC technologies such as browser in window for the GUI, assumed mouse control everywhere and so on... other games that are designed from the ground up to be portable don't have this problem and can all be developed on the same branch reducing the amount of work that goes into a port.
    Is this ideal? No. Is this good? No. Are we happy about it? No. Can it be changed now? No.. so you either learn to live with it or find another game to play.

on to the next time I'll have to explain this :)

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I see almost all your posts and this is the first time I hear it. Thanks for the info.

pippo10 and Gurkensepp like this.
  8. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

But now you know what to do for Assetto Corsa 2 ;)

9. def won't make the same mistake again.

Sohail_16, pippo10, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  10. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

You mean making a console version or mistakes in form of bugs? :eek:

11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Ciao Stefano , 2 points :

1 - It would be really beneficial if what you just explained to us was on the first page of this forum as announcement , I didn't know about this architecture issue and I bet other gamers are still trying to figure out why our Console Version will always be behind ( at least for Assetto Corsa 1).
    Let's just announce that Console and PC are NEVER going to be aligned. Let's hassle for everyone.

2 -I want just to point out that you might have sold 1.4 millions of copies across all platforms but I think console gamers should be treated with more respect. ( when you say "so you either learn to live with it or find another game to play")
    Thanks to our critics you develop a better quality game and remember as you sold 1.4 millions, that figure can go out within 3 months .. so ,as suggestion, let's all be humble in this world...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  12. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Racer

You're right Stefano. I agree with you. The console version (Ps4 in my case) should not to be named Assetto Corsa, because it is a different product. After transfer from PC to PS4 I'm a little disappointed (to put it mildly).

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the info, it's always good to learn more about the software/product you use.

14. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Un bel regalino di Ferragosto, magari..

pippo10 likes this.
  15. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

It will. But what very soon means your mileage may vary...

No and we wouldn't want dates or certainly to have pressure that might result in something less perfect. But I do think it should be possible to give some very wide time frame, I mean weeks? A couple months at most? 6 months at most? Whatever. The game is the best thing I have to play as it is so I can't cry if a new update or DLC doesn't pop up the next time I turn my PS4 on- well, maybe cry a little. But it's hard to think something might come out tomorrow or that far away and no idea which is closer to reality.

It's understandable if the PC guys get them a bit sooner than us. Good. They can test 'em for us! Last one I have is the Porsche Pack 3, also the other Porsches, the Japanese, Red, and Prestige. Version 1.14. Am I up to date?

Much real world stuff on my mind of late so still not that familiar so please accept newbie excuses for any faux pas aborve,

Regards,
    Rick