1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion Demonstration / 488 GT3 @ Nords

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by SunBro, Aug 4, 2016.

1. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I've never posted a thread for a video before because i'm not that good of a driver / my videos are not produced well. But, just for the skeptics out there, guys... what the hell? Why are you still not using real head motion? This thing is doing wooooonders for me and many other people. Just get it here and get to improving your lap times! https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-1-0-1.4755/

chksix, M-Bimmer and miche like this.
  2. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

I agree with you it is fantastic but the settings you're using are quite harsh so although more realistic to watch back, it would make it more difficult to handle while playing when the camera is moving around all over the place violently. Here's an old video of mine with some more subtle settings

3. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Oh i'm well aware it's violent. But after watching many onboard vids from pro races, i feel like i should get as realistic as possible. Comfort is not my thing when it comes to sim-racing. That's why i don't like regular road cars. Even with the most violent rhm settings, they are always smooth(including bmw m4) I gotta get that intensity while driving.

But yeah, your video is how i'm guessing many people are using rhm.

WagnumPI likes this.
  4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Real life is not that violent though, as your vision doesn't bounce around as much as if the camera's fixed to the car. Your eyes/brain smooth the motion a lot more.

Rift Racer likes this.
  5. SunBro

SunBro Alien

You mean the shaking and not the left/right view angle? Hmm that has to do with my assetto corsa settings, not rhm. Rhm doesn't provide the shaking/g-force, ac does... and yeah i've been experimenting with the shaking/g-force lately (I think it's maxed out in the video. Will check it out later tonight.)

6. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I would be interested by having a prinscreen of your settings window :)
    It's more a kind of effects that I would appreciate.

In fact, I haven't downloaded yet "Real Head Motion", because I'm afraid of loosing precision, and so laptime performance...
    I'm still hesitating :)

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you get a slide and need to correct it, doesnt these settings make it very difficult?

8. SunBro

SunBro Alien

The slides i get are usually un-correctable. If you mean "drifting by intention" i never ever do that. Never. Ever. I really really dislike drifting myself. It's only fun to watch and that's it. About the slides i usually get, yeah, like i said they're the un-correctable, huge slides. But i will jump into a japanese pack car and drive it on brands hatch and will try to get some slides to make a video with reduced shaking. I will never reduce my viewing angles though. I've stopped experimenting a long time ago and settled happily with these wide angles.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

Shame this werent a week ago because I recently did a computer upgrade and did a fresh install of everything and yet to reinstall RHM again. Did have a print screen on my graphics mod page on Racedepartment but as they have limited the number of images you can use now i removed it. Give it a try as you can adjust it live so can see what each setting does so quite self explanatory once you start toying with it. Only downside is it's screws up looking behind you a bit but there is a work around for this. If there was a way to make it load up automatically when AC starts i'd say it it was a must as it looks so much better with it and smoother subtle settings add to the realism without affecting your lap times, but alas you have to start it every time you want to play which for me is a little annoying...

AC_RAF likes this.
  10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why don't you make a batch file that will launch also AC when you start RHM?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. miche

miche Racer

hi SunBro,

Your video is super, good Immersion.

Good settings :cool:, maybe to share your settings if you want, it would be cool.
    one screen please ;)

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Thanks. Will reduce shaking though.

Here are my settings (which have nothing to do with shaking)

rhm settings.jpg

13. miche

miche Racer

thanks,

14. WagnumPI

WagnumPI Simracer

not a bad shout actually :)

15. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Well, here is another video with the same car but different track because driving nords/recording nords/editing nords is time consuming. The shaking's been reduced. G-force effects are 1.5, camera shake is 1.0

16. thekingofpilm

thekingofpilm Rookie

At one point, I tried to use head motion but the program would just refuse to notice my face. the webcam knows as I use face focus when using it, but for some reason, some programs just refuse it.

17. Hi, I was recently trying to use RHMAC but it seems my PC will not let it work. It has worked before. Has there been an update or something that broke it?

18. jorgias

jorgias Rookie

HI..
    I cannot ACCESS https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-1-0-1.4755/ to download the real head motion ) it says not permission....etc....
    Can you please post direct download link on MEGA or similar, pleaseee ?

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

20. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Well, new year, new channel and my first video is for the updated rhm :) Wanted to do a comparison video to my old settings. The new rhm code is a little bit better but also different so i felt the urge to change up my settings a little bit. Here's the exact same combo with my old video and slightly changed settings: