1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Recording software

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DaVeX↯, Aug 16, 2015.

1. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Hi there,
    can you suggest me a free (better if opensource) software for recording?I need to do some gameplay videos and software tutorials.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Fraps and other recording softwares Dec 17, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Every single recording software makes ac crash. Aug 13, 2014
    Screens & Videos video recording software May 13, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Launcher has stopped Working [third-party recording software causing crash] Nov 9, 2013
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Imola Personal Laps not recording Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting special races do not record results [turned off rating recording] May 14, 2020
    ACC Physics ACC Activation-Deactivation of physics recording channels. May 11, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos TRUE VR video recording? Jan 1, 2020
    ACC General Discussions UFLT - Telemetry / Laptime recording tool Nov 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Recording Time Allowed Jun 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions [0.7.2] MoTeC not recording last section of final lap in telemetry Apr 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Optional replay recording for more than last race Apr 12, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Geforce Experience recording: Insane flickering Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality Recording VR Gameplay Oct 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Screen Recording issues in VR. Rift vs. Vive Pro Oct 3, 2018

3. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

You could try Open Broadcaster Software (OBS). It's mainly aimed at livestreaming but you can record gameplay with it as well.

Not entirely sure what the quality is like however, as I personally use Shadowplay.

snyperal and jc1993 like this.
  4. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I use DXTory and get decent results but the file sizes are NOT for the faint hearted lol if i record in 60FPS i can see file sizes upwards of 100GB for 30 mins recording..

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

May I throw in this question: what easy software allows to quickly glue together some videos made via Shadowplay, and also to compress file size/video format?

DaVex, Shadowplay works good. Video length is limited to 15 min, however. The software is embedded in he latest nVidia Driver Experience packs and needs I think a not too old gfx card. With my GTX660 I am already safe.

P.S. Sorry, just saw that you use AMD.

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

doesn't that card support raptr's recording software? nearly takes no fps and keeps relatively small sized, also in 60 FPS.

vegas pro 13

7. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Tryed it, very good software but still young, when I used it with GSCE stops working.

Shadowplay would be good...no way to go over 15 min?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

LOL, preferrably something free, not costing 580 bucks they want for this.

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am surprised they list Windows Movie Maker - has it changed so much for the better? I used it several years ago, and back then every video was scaled down in resolution, making the display of even highres content (pics and videos alike) looking blurry and inferior. The interface was nice, however.

BTW, thanks for that list.

11. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Something good for tutorials?Multicam, cursor marker...etc etc

12. dESK0

dESK0 Racer

I use MSI Afterburner for long time ago and works perfectly to record gameplays, easy to understend and to setup correctly and with your preferences (resolution, video format and compression...)

13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

If you are looking for something free then MSI Afterbuner.
    I would highly recommend recording uncompressed video and use other software to encode it. You have much more control over the quality of the result and usually looks better.

jc1993 likes this.
  14. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Raptr works just fine...As long as you don't alt tab out of AC. :D
    Dxtory is a good thing, costs what? 5$?

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Camstudio works too, takes a little setting up though, but it's free.

16. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

While on the subject is there any way a helicam type of view for replays can be used in AC?

17. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Camstudio, next to try...

18. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

I use WMM for all my videos. With "blurry and inferior" you mean the (scaleable) preview-window on the left? It's only for giving you an first impression for some effects etc you use in the program, not for exact editing or showing you the final quality.
    You have to get used to the program-interface, imho it was a bit easier to use in the Win-XP version.
    Actually encoding the final video can be a bit tricky. Took me some time to find decent settings for a 1080p/60fps output. :confused:

I use WMM for finalizing the video (titles, blends, encoding), Shadowplay for recording ingame-footage and sometimes VSDC Free Video Editor for composing multi-window-videos.

19. I use OBS for streaming, haven't tried it for recording for offline but it's worked with everything I've tried capturing ( including GSCE ) so I'm surprised it didn't work for you. I still have Fraps around so I haven't really bothered checking anything else.

Lightworks free version is worth looking at for compositing. I tend to get much use out of Virtualdub still too.

DaVeX↯ likes this.
  20. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Has anyone tried Shadowplay a application which is included in the Nvidia Experience suite?

21. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Read two post above yours. :D