1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Safety car controlled by AI or human in MP and SP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Atrip3, May 24, 2017.

1. Atrip3

Atrip3 Racer

If enabled, all cars had to stay behind a safety car before the race could restart

Epistolarius and chksix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Safety car, or lack of. Jan 2, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Track blocked - Virtual Safety Car? Jan 13, 2021
    ACC General Discussions VSC Virtual safetycar nebo safetycar pls..... Jul 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions VSC Virtual safetycar pls..... Nov 26, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer VSC Virtual safetycar pls..... Nov 15, 2019
    ACC Gameplay VSC Virtual safety car pls..... Nov 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Safety car Jul 28, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Safety car and full course yellow, animation pitstops Jun 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Safety car??? Apr 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC Safety Car Sep 15, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Safety Car ? Feb 22, 2018
    Liveries BMW M4 Akrapovic 2015 MotoGP Safety Car May 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New f1 safety car, mercedes amg gt s Mar 14, 2015
    General modding discussion Safetycar - roof-lights possible ? Nov 18, 2014

3. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Brilliant, nobody has every thought of that before! :rolleyes:
    Features like formation laps and safety cars are pretty basic racing concepts that I'm sure everyone would love to have in AC. The reason they haven't been implemented is generally either due to game limitations (i.e. never going to happen, like rain and night racing) or there are far more important things for KS to work on (i.e. might eventually happen, but don't hold your breath).

4. Atrip3

Atrip3 Racer

My point isn't be original, but discuss in a only-one-feature thread. Well, I can wait :)

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Having the patience to wait for updated features seems to be tough for many people, so I applaud you!
    I can't wait to see what Kunos can do with a better game engine, more staff, and a bigger budget - if AC is any indication, AC2 will be the Holy Grail of sim racing.
    Hey, a man can dream... :)

Atrip3 likes this.
  6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Crashed or offtrack cars need to get stuck in the sand trap or be demolished and unable to continue on their own for this feature to be needed. Would be great to include in formation laps though.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That one is actually there. But you have to be unlucky in a crash for that to happen (engine goes red, suspension goes mad or similar).
    Or you have to have a really really bad crash.

Regarding the feature, it's something very interesting, but not really that easy to implement.
    In principle, it sounds very easy. Just put another car (safety car) there, put an AI with some sort of speed limit in it and add a do-not-overtake functionality.
    Unfortunately, in reality it's more complex.
    The first thing is that – with AC's car spread – you would need multiple safety cars, because a safety car that would work for F1 would just be waaaaaaaay too fast for a Miata.
    Similarly if you put a Miata in front of an F1 car they wouldn't be able to keep safe temps in the tyres and bad things could happen as well.

Also the AI logic needs to be good. I remember playing a season in rFactor CTDP 2006 and was in safety car situations and it was just horrible.
    Way too slow and long. Restart wasn't done properly iirc.

Oh and then there are things like multiple safety cars like they do it for Le Mans (I think there are 3 on track if necessary).

So yes, very interesting, but I wouldn't put it up very high on the TODO list.

chksix likes this.
  8. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

The virtual safety cars they use now, are they software based as the pit limiter? Real life that is... I've seen purple flags/lights on 24hLM indicating a virtual SC situation.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not sure about Le Mans, but in F1 they are only partially SW based.
    Basically there is no limiter, but the display on the steering wheel indicates them how fast they may drive in the current segment of the track.
    I think it shows deltas, but I'm not sure there. Might be speed as well.

chksix likes this.