1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Saved sessions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

When you save a session, where does it go and what can you do with it?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game hangs when loading Career or Champs when auto-saved between sessions Nov 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    XBox One Discussions Saved game crash Xbox series s Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting AI Skill resetting to 100% when loading a saved game Feb 21, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting I can't load my saved game Feb 4, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to resume saved game May 21, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Resuming saved race at Laguna Seca - Cut Course Penalty Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes after loading saved car setup Jul 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA doesn't get saved and reverts to 49 Jul 1, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Safety Rating Progress not saved Jun 6, 2022

3. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

This is amazing. I was sure I'd have an answer by now.

Does this mean nobody saves their sessions or nobody know where they go or how to access them?

4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Or nobody really knows what you mean by saving a session?

You can save replays. Then when you go in replays, they are there to load and watch?

Don't be afraid to click on things and explore, you can't break much.

Neilski and sissydriver like this.
  5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

They are saved in documents/assettocorsa/replays

You can't really do anything with them other than play them through Assetto Corsa.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yes, I'm with Phil. I was waiting for a reply from someone who knew what a session was ;)

7. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

After doing several laps and exiting you have the option to save "something." I assume it is the lap times, but it could be something else. Anyhow, AC gives you a file name where I presume the stuff is saved.

What I was trying to figure out is where it is saved and what you can do with it. Now I should also ask what is actually being saved. I've tried clicking on various things without any results.

8. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

What do you exactly mean?
    Are we speaking about replay data, the possibility to save between two sessions or to read out data from one session?
    Or something else? Or everything?

If you refer to the data which is created when you do a career race or a race in your custom championship, I can help you:

C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\launcherdata\filestore

There you find ini-files for "career" (career.ini) and "championship" (champs.ini).

To find out how these files work I suggest to do this:

Set up a custom championship.
    Watch that ini-file ("champs.ini"), copy it (rename it if you like) and save that copy somewhere else.
    Finish the first race of your custom championship.
    Watch that ini-file ("champs.ini"), copy it (rename it if you like) and save that copy somewhere else.
    Finish the second race of your custom championship.
    Watch that ini-file and compare it to the ones you have copied.
    Now you can see all the differences and you should be able to change things to your liking.

I hope I could help or - at least - that I was on topic with my answer.

9. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Part of the problem is I guess I don't really KNOW what I am referring to.

I am doing hot laps to improve my knowledge of the track. When I am finished there is a lap list and a button to save it. I presumed "it" is the list and I click to save it. At that point I get a file name where whatever is being saved will go.

Right now, I don't know exactly what is being saved, where it is being saved or what I can do with it.

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's a replay.

Main menu, Replay button to play them back.

Andy-R and Alistair McKinley like this.
  11. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

Is this button called "save replay"?
    If yes, it's the replay of the whole session. You can set up how replays are dealt with in options --> general.
    You can change the quality and the duration of the replay and for example whether they're saved automatically or not.
    You can find the replay file in the replay theatre (the button looks like a film tape).
    The replay contains all the visuals of every car which took part in that session and your lap times.
    So, if you like you can jump into the cockpit of someone else's car. :)
    (It's even possible to save online sessions and jump into the other cars.)

Location of the replay folder:
    C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Like the others have said, sounds like you're talking about replays. The thing I'd add is that after you click the "save" option (or however it's named), you get taken (or at least I do) to a list of temporary replays which are on disk, and they aren't actually truly "saved" until you select them from this list and hit the "save" option in that new section. Hard to explain from memory and without screenshots but hopefully that helps...

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Are you talking about the button that says save replay? You can save it at the 2 screens in the 2 images below and view them from the replay button in the bottom image.
    replay1.jpg
    replay.jpg

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  14. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

It is replay. I click save and then I go to he film button and it says nothing is there. I tried both trying to save the whole session and one lap. Maybe this doesn't work for hot lapping or I am doing something wrong.

I didn't do anything specific in Options-> General so I will look there next. Right now I'm just interested in what it is supposed to do and how to utilize it.

This isn't terribly critical since it does save my best lap times so I can see if I'm improving. I have found I do a couple of seconds better than when I am actually on track. It finally dawned on me that I can't get hurt in AC. In a way it helps to tell me how far I can go without killing myself!

Again, AC really needs a manual. Trial-and-error isn't doing it for me.

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

In settings, go to general and make sure you have these sliders on.

replay size.png

16. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Thanks. I never consciously set any of those so they are still at default, whatever that is!

17. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Eureka. It works. I think the problem may have been the default maximum file size was 26Mb and I was trying to save 15-20 lap sessions. They may have been too large.

It seems to be a two step process. First is a list of saved sessions from which I had to select the sessions that would be used for replay. What's interesting is once I increased the file size there sessions appeared. Consequently, I'm not sure I have this solved but at least I know what is being saved, where and what I can do with it.