1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Servers take too long to start the race

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Many times happens that servers take too long to start the race. Is not due to Qualifying time limit, because I have tried to set a lap when this problem happens and the lap is not submitted, so is like the qualifying session is finished but the server cant start the race.

Please, fix this issue as it can be very annoying. Some servers dont start for half hour or more. I repeat this problem is not related with the Qualifying limit (for example, the servers is set with 200%) or that there is not a clean lap at least submitted.

OdeFinn likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Too much rain in cp servers Nov 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [server browser] Can't find servers with dots, 3 chars too short Mar 11, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Still way too many servers with outdated server version Nov 9, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Too many servers May 10, 2014
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer I can't join GT2 Servers Jan 26, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Create Public Server, or Class Specific Official Servers Dec 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Can we get an official announcement on the servers constantly crashing? Nov 4, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CP Server - No servers in your region Aug 2, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Engine stutters in busy servers Sep 12, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers - Wrong region Jun 1, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error 1.9 when joining certain servers Apr 21, 2023

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

You've got the Qualifying Limit backwards. This setting establishes the maximum time allowed after qualifying finishes. Many people misunderstand this to be a limit on what time racers must qualify, but that is not the case.

For example, if you have qualifying set to 20 minutes, and qualifying limit set to 120%, that would set the qualifying limit to 24 additional minutes.

I always set this as low as possible.

4. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Rookie

There's bug in game, just yesterday with 20minP/15minQ/3lap using 120% on Nordschleife endurance and clean laps driven in time game waited over one hour on qualification and around one hour on practise.

There's many bugs on online currently, funniest was also yesterday, when suddenly my car was dropped from sky when sessions changed, Porsche had maximum speed of 404km/h during freefall which lasted nearly ten minutes, was it aero model or just car weight balance but it fell 40° angle on body, front forward.

bradleyland and SlimCharles like this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ive already said that this problem is not related with that...

Imagine the limit is set to 100%. The pole sets 1:20:00. Well, the qualifying doesn't finish even when the time has ended 10 minutes ago.

It's a bug, and can be extremely annoying. Like I said, some lobbies wont start for half an hour or more.

OdeFinn likes this.
  6. bradleyland

And I've already said, you don't understand the qualify limit setting.

Try setting Qualify Limit to 10% instead, and see what happens.

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I understand perfectly what it does. You are the one that is lost.

Let's try it again: the bug consist in that the race wont start. I can confirm is not because the Qualifying limit because, for example, you set the limit to 100%, and the pole lap is 1 minute. Well, after 1 minute since the qualifying time is finished, the race wont start and, for example, keep on not starting for lets say 10 minutes (9 minutes more than what is suposse to). Another confirmation that it is a bug (like it wasnt confirmed enough...) is that you try to set a lap in those 9 minutes and you wont be able to. The qualify is finished, but the server is unable to start the race.

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

IllestD likes this.
  9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Quite strange....

I have the last option of "session" (race start delay) at 40 sec.

Quali límit at 120%

And 0 problems...when time of the qualifying session is on 0:00.0 and everyone in box, 40 sec after the race start.
    Not once we got a problem of this kind in training session with the team or in racing leagues events.

The only problem with got is with the server that denies open the lobby or put other cars in that we didn't select.
    So we have to open a new one or insist until the server want to open the lobby.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It happens almost every time to me. It is more noticeable when the grid is full. Today there was a DTM server at Nordschleife that took about an hour to start with 2 people with clean laps. I was there when the qualifying time got to 0 and I left like 15 mins later. Then I raced in another lobby, when I finished, the DTm server still had not started.

It's a crazy bug that I hope the devs at least get their attention to it.

bradleyland, IllestD and Donnced2 like this.
  11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

It's very important that after the qualifying session the people stay in box.
    If only one goes to track again the race start delay timer stops.

Give it a look mate.

I think once the qualifying session time ended, the game should grey out the option "go drive" until race starts so you keep stuck in box.

Make aware the development team anyway opening a tread in the bug report section and send a ticket to the team.
    That is the best you can do.

Good luck ;)

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It's not related with the qualifying time limit.

13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I didn't talk about the qualifying limit mate.

But about this:

5ab1.jpg

You just miss read my posts.

Quali límit is one thing.

Race start delay timer is an other. (and the important one)

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

It's not that then. The qualifying session doesn't even finish so the race start delay is irrelevant.

You set the qualifying limit to 10%. The qualifying time it's over and there is a clean lap of 8 minutes when that happens. 30 mins after the qualifying time is over the race dont start. That's the bug.

This should not need an update to be solved, as it is a problem from the servers.

PD: I dont believe the race start delay is also related to the amount of time you spend on the box when the game teleport you when the qualifying is finished.

bradleyland likes this.
  15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

bradleyland likes this.
  16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Like i said.... Once The session finished ALL cars have to STAY STILL in box... If One goes on track or start doing the idiot around the box, the "start race delay timer" resets, and resets and resets...
    So the race start delays,delays,delays.

So it's really not a bug,only the people that doesn't know that once qualy session ends they have to remain still in box. And race will start soon.

Thanks to your videos you have shown that users don't remain still in box.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If it was because of that, the session would never begin. When the session starts in the video, there are stil people on track, so what you are saying doesnt corresponds with reality.

If what you say would be true, race session of all races would never start, as there is always somebody on track.

bradleyland likes this.
  18. IllestD

IllestD Gamer

You both seem to have valid reasons for what you thinking and I myself am very interested in this as I was waiting an hour one night to race and the race just didnt want to start, even with voting, and some guys had been on track when the race started so can confirm that too.

I just couldnt get past the fact that some guys sat on the side of the track waiting for cars to pass to run them off the road, really dont mind getting a few challenge bumps for the corner line but this childish running guys from the road is just wrong.

19. bradleyland

So you're saying you've never been in a lobby where the race has started while people are on the circuit? Because that happens to me all the time.

pippo10 and SlimCharles like this.
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

His theory it's simply not true. Race delay most likely has nothing to do with that extra time we all talking about. Today another two lobbies that started with people on track, and like bradleyland is saying, it happens always (because almost never all the people of a lobby are on the box).

If it is not a bug, I dont know what else can it be. Whatever it is, must be solved NOW. Shamful that such a serious issue hasnt been solved already.

jc1186 likes this.
  21. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well,im a lucky boy then,and more than 160 players ubicate in 12 categorys from the weekly racing league Im participating in.

At the end of the qualifying session we all stay in box and race start in more or less 1minute.

Lobby config is qualy limit 120% and race start delay timer 40 seconds.

Full lobbies with 14-16 player's but we only play private lobbies with password.

My only good intension here was to try help slimcharles and find out what could be the "problem" and what could provoke that abusive race start delay..

Why would i have to lie about it?

Only thing that rest to say... Good luck boys, don't gonna bother me more because me,my virtual racing team and the drivers in the racing league don't got that problem once!

Bye bye