1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Servers take too long to start the race

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

Agreed , just ditch it altogether. There's no need for extra time after qualy finishes. You have a limited time to use, use it well and if not then too bad, next time you'll use it better.

Btw anyone knows how this is handled in Iracing?

pippo10 and SlimCharles like this.
  2. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Hey guys, i have this problem too! I connected to a Audi TT Cup Server @ Spa and after the qualifying time was over it took about 20 minutes till the race started! PLEASE Kunos fix this problem... it´s really annoying....we wanna race and have fun on track with your great simulation! We don´t want to wait 20 minutes or longer (on Nordschleife Endurance) till the race starts... PLEASE FIX IT, PLEASEEE

3. Rennen

Rennen Gamer

As I understand there is weird system in the game: server waiting for anyone who managed to start it's lap before checkered flag to finish this lap. If it's taking too long, like someone start the lap and then stopped on the track, game waiting 100% (or how it set by host in race delay option) from the worst driver's time in the room. Actually it's not bad system until someone stand in the pits for 10 minutes and then make a clean lap, his time will be 10-12 minutes, this will be worst time in the room and game will use it in percentage calculating. Another issue is for the Nordschleiffe track, when nobody can manage to complete their lap (clean) and game just waiting for the first one.

How to fix:
    1. Change % to minutes. We know that Monza lap is about 2 minutes, okay, just set it for 2:30 to wait if someone started his lap just before checkered flag.
    2. If room has no best time, just start #1 article right after qualify time out.
    3. Give the host right to start the race (and kick players) already! Democracy and voting is good, but sometimes people just don't understand how it's work.

4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree that would solve this problem but it would still make the online section a jungle. The current situation is that from 30-40 lobbies, 3 or 4 of them are proper to race in less than half an hour. For me, in the same line as everything I've said about the cutomizable lobbies, the system should be the most simple as possible in order to avoid anarchy (and even more reason to do it when you dont know any information about the lobby) because the public lobbies are set by people, so no qualifying limit is the way to go IMO. Just like this close options:
    • Track surface set to green
    • Time delay set to 60 sec
    • Option to either set a lobby with practice session and no laps and no qualifying time (for trackday lobbies) or no practice time but with qualifying (max of half an hour) and laps (max of 15 laps, because there is no race that ends properly further than that).
    • Traction Control and ABS set on factory and stability control set on NO. It's amazing that an aid that even the devs dont like doesnt even have an option to set it on "whaever you like" (I could swallow that) so you have a million of lobbies with that extremely annoying and fake aid.
    • Tyre wear, fuel and damage rate on 100%. Tyres off tracks on 2
    • Tyre blanckets on.
    • No qualifying limit.
    Rest of the options could be customizable as they dont affect so much the variability of the lobbies..

I have no hopes on Kunos focusing on creating a proper and serious multiplayer (we are not even talking about rating) because AC1 development it's ending and god knows if even we will get a game that works properly at the end of the development (it should be done obviously).

PD: Of course in the private lobbies everything should be customizable.

5. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not a fan of begging the devs in other sites that aren't this forum because that's what the forum is for... but If a thread that has been arround for 3-4 months with such a serious issue hasn't been heard until now... That's a very serious problem. It proves that they dont hear us at all, that Stefano was the only dev that was hearing us. Now not even him is arround.

Excellent. If the game was working properly they could afford to do that. But that is not the case, guess is better to hide and not interact with your costumers (and no, that there are a lot of costumers with unreasonable behaviour is not an excuse to hide).

Reinart86 likes this.
  7. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Yeah i know that it is no the best idea to write them in FB but it really makes me sad that i have some hate on this game when i´m waiting in the pitbox and wait 20 minutes or longer till the race starts. And this hate shouln´t be on AC because it´s my love! I bought the first version of it on PC and switched then to PS4 and it´s still awesome!

Reinart86 and SlimCharles like this.
  8. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

And for goodness sake, stop new drivers from joining after qualifying time has expired! Then add an either / or. Either everyone has qualified or a timer runs out.

Keep us racing!

Kunos still hasn't responded about this, right?

9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I haven't seen a response.

10. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

I just played a couple matches and contrary to the usual they started almost right after the qualy timer ended. If it was always like that it'd be bliss.

11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This problem is not solved yet...

[​IMG]

svenvangent and pippo10 like this.
  12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

because you were lucky all players completed their lap

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This probably should have been a priority really after this problem became known. I completely ignore joining the nords lobbies as the race takes forever to start.

svenvangent and SlimCharles like this.