1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Special Events Difficulty Needs to be Fixed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mattbeastblood, Oct 6, 2016.

1. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5207-Assetto-Corsa

Look at the percentages for getting all gold in special events, or even all silver for Quick Race events. Look at the amount of Platinum Achievers, or 100% Completed at the top as well. All are at -

That should tell you something.

Expecting players to beat the Alien difficulty AI and come in first to get Gold medals on these events is completely unrealistic, and that complete lack of people achieving these trophies/achievements is proof.

The Hotlaps are tough enough, the drift events are time consuming enough, the time attacks are sometimes tough as hell, but these quick race events are impossible for 99% of the people who own Assetto Corsa.

FIX IT.

Make it like the career, where we pick the difficulty, and have to get in first for gold. Or just lower the requirements, eitherway, this isn't Steam where no one cares about achievements. People care about trophies on console, and especially the platinum trophies. They need to be attainable through hard work, not cheating, and they certainly shouldn't be impossible.

Austrian_Eagle and Viperconcept_ like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events is working again Dec 6, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Pace Rating - Special Events Sep 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events Jun 8, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards No special events since 1.9 update Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Special events not available Aug 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Special events Jun 5, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Do previous special events count towards PC rating May 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats/User Profile and special events not loading Nov 26, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Events]Christmas in the Motori nella Leggenda Nov 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NO SPECIAL EVENTS!! Oct 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SPECIAL EVENTS DOES NOT RECORD MY TIME Jun 13, 2021

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I don't understand why you expect to get the most difficult trophies for not beating the game at its hardest difficulty level...

paul_wev and HavanaB0B like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Isnt that a cool thing for the 1% that can make it? I mean, hard is actually hard.

Mogster, paul_wev and HavanaB0B like this.
  5. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

It's hard to understand this mentality, surely if you're not good enough to get gold then you don't deserve gold??

Trophy percentages is a pointless thing to look at. Gt6 has a platinum percentage of 0.8%, all gold s licence 3.2%.

Pcars is even worse: zero to hero 1%, defending champ 0.4%, hall of fame 0.2% and lots more.. pcars trophys were even part of the career so easily achievable by just playing the game..

Then we have dirt rally where nearly all trophys are ultra rare ,too many to list.

So all in all looks like ps players really don't care about trophys as much as you may think..

simbicort, paul_wev, Donnced2 and 2 others like this.
  6. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

"They need to be attainable through hard work, not cheating, and they certainly shouldn't be impossible."

I agree with you here, but I think that's the way the currently are. I've achieved gold on some after a few laps, and I've barely gotten a bronze on others. I certainly don't think this means they're impossible, I just need to improve. It should be difficult to earn a gold, it's not a participation trophy.

paul_wev and Tomcul like this.
  7. likewise

likewise Rookie

I totally agree that some of the events are impossible to complete and that they need to either change the requirements for the trophies or lower the diffulculty....

8. I've got Bronze and Silver trophies for completing all the time attack with gold medals. :D
    I've got a Bronze trophy for completing all the hot laps at least with silver medals: almost all hot laps are gold in my session. I can't achieve the Gold medal on the R8 at Silvestone (can't go faster than 2:02:899, and you need 2:02:000 to get gold) and the M4 at Nurburgring (I need just 0,7 seconds but I can't do better). :mad:

BTW the drift events (especially with the KTM) are impossible for me. It's a miracle if I arrive above 70.000 points... :(
    The major problem with the drift events is you can't adjust the steering wheel degree, I mean, how can I drift with a 900° wheel? it's ridiculous!
    On Project Cars you can adjust the steering degree.

hahaha!

Seriously, I'm curious: I want to see if the game developpers can achieve gold if they play their game.

Manu8019 likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

KTM have 720 iirc. We could really need softlock implemented though.

paul_wev likes this.
  10. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

About steering degrees.. it's easy, change them manually on the wheel.
    At least on every Trusthmaster you can:
    [​IMG]
    It's in Spanish, but Dpad up + mode button you change the degree lock on the wheel.

The led indicate the degrees
    5 blinks - 1080 degrees
    4 blinks - 900 degrees
    3 blinks - 540 degrees
    2 blinks - 360 degrees
    1 blink - 270 degrees

On older logitech wheels like G25/27/DFGT there was also a button configuration to change the degree lock manually on the wheel... so i supose That the new G29 have also the option built in.

About hotlaping in special events.. they changed the tyre model (physics) some times...like the V.10 model are are 2sec slower than the older V.7 version..
    And on consoles i realy don't now on witch tyre model version the cars are.

Even with that, they didn't change the career mode or updated the times from the special events since the V.1.0 from the PC version...

paul_wev likes this.
  11. Yes, I can change the rotation degree of my Logitech G29, but the configuration works on PC only, not on my PS4 :(

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Wow....That is strange.... With Thrustmaster it works on PS4 and i remember that it worked with the G25/27/ DFGT on PS3..

And updating the software from the wheel don't do it work on ps4 either??

Hopefully they implement and calibration screen in assetto in that case

Viperconcept_ likes this.
  13. Very true. There are people who tried the game and returned it, but their stats remain. Then there are people who tried the career mode and found the bug on AI early pitting when restarting the race and saved the career for later. Then there are people who just borrowed the game from a friend to see whether they like it, but never come back. There are probably more reasons why people are in the stats but who might never play certain modes again to get the trophy. Some people only play single player, others mostly play online, etc. No, these stats don't say much in my opinion.

Tomcul likes this.
  14. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

My poor grammar tho! Should be : trophy percentages are a pointless thing to look at..

15. Right, the stats matter to the publisher, since they have more insight into how many people actually play the game, and (probably) for how long. Trying to guess event difficulty from these percentage stats is slippery.

The trophies do matter for player-to-player comparison, as in do you have that trophy yet?

16. I think the main problem evoked in this thread aren't the trophies themseves, but the impossible difficulty of the Special Events.
    I like hard challenges, but some events in Assetto Corsa are way harder than Dark Souls 3, if you know what I mean... :D

17. Thanks Viperconcept_ for bringing it on topic again. I do support that some events seem impossible at the moment, that is, with my current experience with the game. Not saying that bothers me, it will be a long time for the next game to come out on par with AC :)

18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Some events are way to easy right now and need to be changed! The McLaren GT3 at Silverstone is a particularly bad example, target is 2:06.xxx one lap is all it takes to get gold...

HavanaB0B likes this.
  19. Funny that every thing you mentioned has trophies that are incredibly easy to achieve.

I don't think you realize how difficult these are in AC. Try getting gold in all of them, then try telling me that I'm simply not good enough. Otherwise you're just guessing.

If they want to make trophies for the 1% of players that are good enough to achieve them, that's fine, but don't make them a requirement for getting the platinum. They should be optional.

And every trophy you mentioned aren't even difficult, but time consuming. Trophies like that are always low percentage because not everybody is a trophy hunter. They're still completely achievable. AC's aren't.

GT6's especially. One of the easiest platinum's I've ever got

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  20. But I'm not just pointing out the percentages but also the number of players who have achieved them. If it's at 0, there's a problem because as you will see on the forum's of every game with a platinum trophy, there are people that literally play games just to get a platinum. If no one can do it on a certain game, there's something wrong with the game itself. Whether it be glitched trophies, or ones like AC that are just impossible to achieve.

21. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Yes I know they're easy acheviable, you'll notice I've written that in my post and yet people still haven't bothered to achieve them on these easier games, so that has to show that most people in the sim/simcade racing world don't care about the trophies..
    You've even kinda proved yourself wrong there when you say everyone wants to win the trophys but then say all the games I've quoted are really easy to get platinum on...but look at the precentages very few people have been bothered to achieve them, or if I go on the other game forums are there people on there whining about it being too hard for them.
    Perhaps the challenges are too hard but your original post was only ever going to cause annoyance to some.

FIX IT.
    ^^^^^ that's what got me..

PRACTICE.