1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Steering angle doesn't adopt

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Explosivo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Explosivo

Explosivo Gamer

Hey guys,

I would like to point at the steering angle on Xbox One using my Thrustmaster TX. I've also had friends reporting the same issues with their Madcatz and Thrustmaster TMX wheels.

When starting in the career with the regular street cars, the 900° were perfectly fine. In the Z4 GT3 my wheel kept the 900° and showed different angles, as the wheel in the cockpit. I had to manually adjust the angle with the mode button to about 540° to match the Z4. Back in regular street cars, it was too small. But this does only work with cars using the default TX angles 270°, 360°, 540° and 900°. Some cars seem to have different angles.

I think on PC the steering angle was adopted by the wheel to match the cars angle.Has this been forgotten here somhow?

Greetings from Germany

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Incorrect Documentation for Max Steering Angle of BMW M4 GT3 Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions G923 PS4/PC Wheel Steering Rotation Angles in GHUB Not Working for ACC Sep 13, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2 Steering Angle Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Steering angle broken Apr 17, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Dead angle not applied and steering wheel problems Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Physics Soft lock or acc data on steering angle. Jun 16, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How to increase steering angle? May 3, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Problem with steering angle (T300) Aug 5, 2018
    Suggestions T150 Steering Angle Feb 5, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Virtual steering wheel angle vs. ffb wheel angle Jan 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Different steering angles between 911R, GT3 RS and Carrera S ? Dec 21, 2016
    General modding discussion Help with steering angle Oct 10, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues How to adjust steering angle? May 22, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AE86 graphics bugs (big headlights, bad angle steering column) May 18, 2016

3. Yes same problem for me and all of my Friends which are playing with a Thrustmaster TX Wheel and with the Fanatec CSW V2 also. On the PC Version this works fine. Hope it will be patched soon.

Greetings

Seb007 likes this.
  4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Same problem here, apparently the automatic DOR system is not working. Is this a bug ?
    Someone from the devs can please look in to it ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    *****.p1ckn1cker90 and Seb007 like this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There is no soft lock to stop your wheel turning, at least in the PC version.

You may have 300° set on a single seater but your wheel will still turn through 900, just after 300 it has no further effect.

6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

I think that's not the problem here. If i set my wheel to 900°, all cars have full 900°.

7. Yaterade

Yaterade Gamer

Should have gotten a Fanatec wheel like the rest of us so you can set the rotation to "Authentic" on the Hub!

*looks over at his PS4 and starts unceremoniously weeping*

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  8. rubber1994

rubber1994 Racer

Same problem here.
    Tx Wheel and Xbox one version of the game.

*****.p1ckn1cker90 likes this.
  9. sipheren

sipheren Rookie

Posted on their Facebook page but figured I should find the issue here. I noticed the same thing yesterday, makes it really hard to drive anything that isn't the full 900. TX wheel.

Cheers

10. rubber1994

rubber1994 Racer

Yes I actually only drive cars that feature full 900 degrees of rotation.
    Everything else is unplayable with these issue

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do you mean your RL wheel gets out of sync with the virtual one? If so it shouldn't. AC automatically should match the steering rotation to each car. It should never be out of sync! Regardless soft lock, which is as mentioned PC only.
    I would suggest to open a new thread in the controller bugs and issues section. This is more likely to be seen by the devs. Since this was established as a support forum and grew into a AC social media hub.

12. sipheren

sipheren Rookie

I'm not sure about Explosive, but if it's the same issue I am having than yes, the TX wheel becomes out of sync with any in-game wheel that is not 900deg, this obviously makes it impossible to drive them.

I use the same setup for Assetto on PC and have never had the issue.

rubber1994 likes this.
  13. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

I have the same problem

14. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

Can you caliberate your in anywhere in this game?

15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

You can change the DOR manually on your wheel (TX wheel) for the cars with other than 900°. So it's still playable until they fix this problem.

*****.p1ckn1cker90 likes this.
  16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Deleted.

17. Yes this is correct. Simply hit the Mode Button + D-Pad Left/Right to change the DOR on the Base manually. But this is only a workaround. And since the TX Base only support 900,540,360,280 as a Option, the DOR doesn´t fit 1:1 to all Cars. Hope this gets fixed very soon.

rubber1994 and RoccoTTS like this.
  18. I've got the same issue over here. Every car steers like a 900 DOR car. The adjustable DOR on the TX makes the game playable, but it's not ideal of course.

*****.p1ckn1cker90 and RoccoTTS like this.
  19. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Gamer

So can anyone confirm the DOR setting please? Is it 1 green flash = 270, 2 flashes = 360, 3 flashes = 540 and 4 flashes = 900?

Thanks in advance

20. insane79

insane79 Rookie

really had hopes for this game, when project cars can have DOR settings why can't AC?
    lazy devs i guess?

21. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

Yes that's correct