1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

From @Gunja's post: "Also you have to remember that racing on our servers is racing in really tough competition... AB, extensive blacklist and smoking fast regulars will make anyone (from earth) sweat for top 5."

Very, very true. I looked at Middleweight lap times today...Nurb GP/GT...did some off line laps in Lotus Exige V6 Cup and then the Evora Carbon (a la Schnipp) and I could get to within 3 seconds of the fast guys doing my best. When the gap is that big, I work on my game vs going to race on the server. When I get to sub 2 second gap, then I will give it a go on the pub servers. These particular cars are hard to drive fast. Carrying speed, precision in braking and turning points are so hard to master, I find. Going fast in the 'street' cars is a very advanced skillset. That I don't have....yet!!! Take a break and rethink it @Ricky Reject. Lots of us just like you out there and we can have a blast racing mid pack or even back of pack! Cheers, mate.

Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  2. deci

deci Simracer

i know the feeling exactly. at one point i was convinced that everyone knew some tricks they didn't tell me, then i was convinced that my computer setup might prohibit me from getting better times, but in the end i realized that i was just not good enough. also that the SF community core is made up of a crazy bunch of insanely fast and dedicated racers.... frustrating!

the positive thing about having such fast crazyheads is that you can learn from them, i noticed, every time, that when i focus and follow someone good on track, i will constantly gain speed and get better laptimes, which is very satisfactory and enjoyable. but then on other occasions losing against different people who subjectively drive much worse than me (when i see them crash and bump others etc, but still get faster laptimes than me) it is so frustrating that i have to take a break from AC altogether. just do yourself a favor and don't install it :) take a break, you might want to try again and have fun racing again!

3. deci

deci Simracer

you're welcome guys, everyones welcome! just some slow old japanese cars to race around short-ish tracks. i am really glad that there are other people who do enjoy this combination.

i started with AB but as Gunja suggested i changed it to ABC to help with filling up the grid, getting the traffic up. i still haven't made a dedicated topic for the server here or on the ACSF website, lazy lazy me, but eventually i will. haven't had much time/motivation in the last couple of days to race myself.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    fr13del and Schnipp like this.
  4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@Ricky Reject
    Iirc you drove the 240R S3 and RX7 yesterday.
    The small Exige is rather a car to challenge yourself as it's one of the slower cars in the group.
    The RX7 Tuned is 'weird', I always need to do several races to get comfortable and fast in it as you don't really feel the limit of the car and it already has some difficult moments if you aren't at the limit paired with a narrow power band of the engine. It can be fast, but difficult to get there.
    I'd say the R8 and Panamera are competitive and easy to drive, the SLS too if you have good throttle control and be patient with it.

To some extend this also is the case for @deci, most of the times you said you are too slow you also used either (one of) the slowest cars of the group or one that can be fast, but is difficult to be fast in it.
    It's ok if you have fun, but you could be more competitive by picking other cars.

@Tofuweight:
    I would have joined as well yesterday, Highlands Short basicly screams for trouble and mass incidents, partly because it is so tight and the view is restricted, but also because it's so damn hard to overtake which leads to risky racing.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Gunja like this.
  5. Had some great racing the other day at Brands Hatch. Thanks for the server.

Bo-Göran Larsson, Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  6. touchdown42

touchdown42 Rookie

Pretty new to online racing so i probably have some deficits in awareness but i try to avoid the other cars as best as i can.

Yesterday i tried Tofuweight for the first time and i'm not sure if i was able to finish a single race, a lot of drivers tried to overtake at places where it is physically impossible to do without hitting the car in front.
    Sure, i'm slower but do i have to give way to a faster car that spun out and now is back on it's way to the top of the grid if he can't overtake safely?

Christopher Low, Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  7. deci

deci Simracer

if you race for position (you are not being shown blue flags to let lapping cars pass you), you should not give way but just try to keep your race clean and defend your position fairly - but especially on a track like highlands short it can be really hard to get a clean race especially with people who think they should overtake at exactly the wrong spots...not enough space... personally when i notice that i am slower than a guy behind me, i will try to give him an opportunity to overtake at a location where it does not cost me too much time and is safe for BOTH of us, but at highlands short this is almost impossible...

...i guess it was a bad idea to put it up, changed to vallelunga club for today, that should be a bit better.

Schnipp likes this.
  8. Gunja

Gunja Alien

No you should't. The problem with some of the very fast people is that they refuse to take any line other than ideal. If you happen to be on that line when they come, they will rather risk crashing you than adopting a second (slower) line. "You were braking too early" is what they will most likely say or "you should have left me more room". Well... it's kind of hard to change the line in the middle of the corner to give room to a divebomber.

gandlers and chksix like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

@touchdown42
    If you are on the same lap there is no obligation.
    But what you discribe is the reason I don't race Highlands Short online any more.

On SMW yesterday I didn't see you do anything wrong, you even were pretty cautious. I remember where I had a big moment, either spun or almost did so, where you could have easily overtaken me but slowed down. I guess you weren't sure where I might end up.

Just by that I could see you are clean racer. :)

Gunja likes this.
  10. Highlands Short, although a blast to drive, is terrible for racing.

Gunja and Schnipp like this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I know what you mean, but you need to specify that a bit.

There are very fast drivers that race very clean, like Mathieu Labbé, Tibalotte, Gunja and so many others, but there are also fast drivers that are quite ruthless if they have a slower car ahead of them.
    I could list names, but I think it's better to not do it.

12. touchdown42

touchdown42 Rookie

Thx,
    i hit a guy called Mogget last weekend and apparently ruined his race :(, so i'm perhaps extra cautious ATM.

Christopher Low and Gunja like this.
  13. From what I hear, everybody hits Mogget, he's probably used to it by now. :D

14. No hard feelings, mate. You just need to err on the side of caution when you can't see the car alongside you ;) It sounds like you have taken what happened that day into consideration, and adjusted your driving accordingly. That instantly rates you above 90% of the public server "clientele", so I look forward to racing you again in the near future :cool:

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Gunja like this.
  15. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

- Tweaked MP leaderboard adding grey font for disconnected players

I think Stefano was spying on our discussion :D

Gunja, SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Schnipp like this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, but a few of us SF racers and also other guys mentioned that one in the 1.14 update thread.

Gunja likes this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

All servers have working MR again.

Looked a bit like the wild west earlier. :(

Gunja likes this.
  18. fabT

fabT Alien

@deci: what about tofuweight at Monaco?
    Would be fun as anticipation of F1 gp.

Monaco v1.1 OSRW version is decent.
    Others are basically terrible.

19. That Toyota AE86 is a strange car. There are times when I change down during braking for a corner when it almost feels like there is a significant delay until the gear engages. It makes a right mess of my cornering if I am not careful.

20. The server at Tsukuba is fun but needs faster cars; the Miata and GT86 are kinda boring IMO. (Mustang and BMW 1M or E92 M3 would be my choice)