1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T500 pedals broken throttle spring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Dec 26, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Throttle lost it's feel/response and after opening it found the spring had broken into 3 pieces. Lasted a bit over 2 years of usage. Anyone has found same resistance/measurements spring from some (Finnish) webshop, and replaced a spring with that? Or maybe knows the exact type of the spring? Having same resistance would be neat, but I guess it doesn't really matter if it's exact same.

Thrustmaster support takes often ages to deliver stuff, and it's not really that special part, just a spring.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500rs & fantec csr elite pedals not conneted after some patches Dec 17, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500 rs pedals not assigning Feb 2, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500rs with fanatec pedals? Nov 24, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Info needed on thrustmaster t500rs pedals Oct 16, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cannot calibrate t500 pedals Sep 10, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cannot calibrate t500 pedals Apr 19, 2014
    Steering wheels discussions t500rs Nov 3, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster t500 FFB is Bugging Jun 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Wheel (T500) keeps disconnecting Feb 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    Chit Chat Room 2013 Super GT500 by Chivas Oct 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HUGE DISCOVERY for the T500rs Aug 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What ffb configuration with T500rs do you have after patch 1.03? Jul 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your Setup T500RS PS4 for good feeling??? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Serious performance Issues when using T500!!!! Jul 25, 2020

3. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I would still contact TM support, even if you don't want to wait for them to send a new part, they may well be able to tell you the specifications for you to source your own spring.

They were good when I dealt with them; had my spare pot delivered in a week or so after I finally found and submitted my proof of purchase (which took me about 2 months to find lol!).

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes I contacted them. Asking them directly for the specifications, why didn't I think of that. But managed to get pedals working somewhat, by just removing 2 small broken pieces which caused odd feeling as they moved around there. The resistance is a bit lower, but will do until I get spare part.

LeiF likes this.
  5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

If you approach them in the right way they are very helpful. I have had pot issues and they have given me replacements free of charge , my wheel is a a very early t500rs and was out of warranty on both occasions.

miky likes this.
  6. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

hristo1026 likes this.
  8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I'm gonna order springs for throttle and clutch. Thanks for the link @hristo1026

hristo1026 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Have you got yours already? Mine are in the country already so should be here in the next couple of days. Very interested to see how they'll feel.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I have them installed and am quite happy with the result. :)
    Gives the clutch more initial resistance which adds to the immersion.
    The throttle spring adds smooth resistance, letting me feather easier.
    Muscle memory is slowly adjusting but it feels so much better now.
    The spring mods set throttle and clutch pedal perfectly in line with my BasherBrakeMod!
    Great deal.:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Jebus, Fat-Alfie and hristo1026 like this.
  11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Great to hear! I just got an info that mine are ready to pick up.

I assume they were fairly easy to install, any tips you possibly noted?

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This helped me:

Mind the exact poti position when reassembling! Cost me a little time :(

Jebus likes this.
  13. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah those pots are my concern also, but I just have to careful. I've changed the pot for brake before so not totally unfamiliar with them. Thanks for the vid.

Edit. I've actually seen that vid before, but a good reminder nonetheless. Thanks again.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Got mine and they are in! I'm a bit shocked how much stiffer both springs are but especially the clutch. Haven't been able to test them in game yet but I can see lots of fubaring in heel&toeing before getting used to it. Hopefully my poor old knees can take it. :D

Solmyr, Ace Pumpkin and hristo1026 like this.
  15. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Thanks for the vid !

My throttle pot just died a week ago. I now need to contact Thrustmaster in order to get new ones (clutch seems to be on its end of life too). BUT I have to admit I just ordered the Fanatec v3 today as it's a quite long time project to eventually get a very nice set of pedals. Load cell yes I'm looking at you ! :cool:

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

What’s your opinion now after some testing time?
    Mine is, I have made an upgrade to my pedals obsolete, if only for some time...:)

17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I ordered just replacement set (full set of springs, got a feeling not the last spring that will snap in half), from Thrustmaster support. 37€, shipping included, took a whooping 5 weeks to arrive, from my first contact to their support. There was few days delay from me not checking my secondary email that I used though, but mostly just delay on their part.

"Because of the high volume of requests we are currently receiving,
    there may be a delay in our response time."

Think it also said that last time I had to get extra table clamp, months ago.. interesting. Think I'm gonna get those other springs next time

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Very pleased with them. I already had a canonical rubber mod for brake, and these new springs rised the clutch and throttle to the same level. Heel toeing feels more natural now.
    I think that the the next step would be fanatec pedals and better, but no hurry to get them, not that I even had money for them right now. :D
    But yeah, an excellent upgrade for the price.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

20. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Canonical mod haha, naturally I ment conical rubber mod. :D Can't remember from where I ordered it but it looks the same as in the vid above.

hristo1026 likes this.